PDA

View Full Version : OT- Another bullet dodge for Max

MaxRS6
April 26th, 2011, 11:48
Storms all around us yesterday afternoon. I lost count of tornado spin ups around our area. Sirens blaring and we took our normal inclement weather precautions- hunkered down with a strong table to duck under moved into the hallway covered with cushions, etc..

The winds really picked up and sh*t was flying all around. Took a peek outside at one point with the rain blasting down and the wind blowing the trees violently. My wife and I heard it start...creeeeeek...crack....and we see a very large limb start to blow by...Oh sh###T- it isn't blowing by- but is one of our large trees starting to fall towards the house- We escape towards the back of the house with loud tree falling sound- Craaaaasssssshhhhhh

We are good and noone hurt. Fortunately, the tree did not crash through the house, and is leaning up against the house, blocking the garage entrance, with some minor roof and gutter damage from what we can see in the dark.

We had actually been obtaining quotes during the last couple of weeks to take down some trees. This exact tree was one that was marked to be removed as we didn't like it hanging over our driveway, and to make room for another vehicle (I have a daughter turning 16).

Crazy was safely at the shop still getting its' TB service from the broken TB roller. I had been given a very nice Q5 as a loaner. Fortunately- it was stashed away in the garage and is all safe. Funny thing is- I had just turned in a very long Ford 150XLT that could not fit in the garage. It had been parked out in the driveway exactly where the tree came crashing and would have been totalled. I think I'll give the service manager a call this morning and let him know a tree fell in our driveway- Maybe after a dramatic pause I'll let him know his Q5 is still in one piece safely in the gargage- LOL.

Pray for the families that have had lives lost...

PALETTE
April 26th, 2011, 14:49
thats is crazy! Glad you and the family are ok!

vitalian
April 26th, 2011, 15:33
I am so glad that you and your family are safe! Thoughts and prayers to you and everyone who has been affected by the fury of Mother Nature this season.

DonS
April 26th, 2011, 16:24
Must have been harrowing running for cover like that.

Your pocket book dodged a bullet too. Your insurance will pay for the downed tree versus you paying out of pocket to have it removed before the storm. That's money on your pocket for RS6 upgrades!! Oops, I meant paying for insurance for the 16 year old.

ben916
April 26th, 2011, 18:56
Thank goodness you and the family are safe!
No need for video proof :)

I will take earthquakes any day, but not tornados or hurricanes or tsunamis or Castle Bravo.

MaxRS6
April 26th, 2011, 19:43
No vids-

Tree on the ground...tree on the ground..looking like a dang fool with your tree on the ground..;0

We were located about at the red dot inside the house when the thing started to fall...

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Tree%20Time/DSC04308.jpg?t=1303843458
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Tree%20Time/DSC04311.jpg?t=1303843458

We have the tree chopped up and set on the curb for the city or firewood hunters..whichever shows up first..I started calling around about 4:00 this morning and had the chain saws ripping around 6:30 a.m- Good thing (early bird gets the worm) as we ended up first on the list for a local company. The entire time the tree guy's phone was constantly ringing with pleas for service calls...It is a good day for tree choppers...

Phew- My OEM 9 spokes escaped without a scratch...

ben916
April 26th, 2011, 23:04
um, that red dot reminds me of a sniper scope...
probably all those Corvette, Mustang, GT-R, Hemi owners are mighty pissed off at "Crazy"

bmlee007
April 26th, 2011, 23:19
I'm in Indiana right now waiting through a tornado watch in my hotel. The night before I left here last week to go home for Easter we had warnings all night. Fortunately, my beast is safely tucked in, three states away.

My sister had a tree fall on her house last summer during a storm. Took a couple weeks to get everything cleaned up and the roof/walls repaired. A cousin in NC is just today getting her power back after 8 days in the dark from storms there last week.

Glad you and yours are all okay.

Amulet-S6
April 27th, 2011, 00:10
You're one lucky guy. Glad all are well at your home. Tell your Mrs "hello" for me

4everRS
April 27th, 2011, 00:14
Geez Randy, you guys getting enough bad weather down there? Glad to hear your alright.

MaxRS6
April 27th, 2011, 01:35
Thanks for the kind comments all!

Kyle:
You got that right- We getting hit agin tonight- So far all good here..

Jim:
The "Mrs", "Boss", "Master"- Says hi back at ya and we look forward to the next time we cross paths!

Vedddy lucky lately
Mud Spin at TWS- No significant damage
Barber- Coolant issues/alternator issues- Lucky to be in close proximity for repair
Timing Belt Roller Bolt- Engine still in one piece. AoA and Audi dealership going beyond the call to make it right
Tree Crash- Very minor damage and no injuries
Wife- I can't trade up. She puts up with me and the crazy car fun.. :)
Funds left over for the 16 year old daughter's car insurance and some soup (maybe)- LOL

Think I"ll go buy a bundle of Lottos! :)

speedtrapped
April 27th, 2011, 01:39
God bless, puts things I to perspective...happy u and family are ok!
Stephen

JSRS6
April 27th, 2011, 02:03
Max, really glad you are all ok.