PDA

View Full Version : C5 RS6 Battery Relocation

imola
April 23rd, 2011, 11:22
Hi guys,

First time poster from the UK :)

I've recently purchased an Audi RS6 avant and i've joined a couple of forums in the UK.

Basically, over in the UK the battery is located in the tyre well meaning there is no spare!

I want to relocate the battery so i can keep a spare wheel in the car. The last thing i want is to be stuck on the hard shoulder with my family waiting for a recovery because the foam wont hold.

A couple of forums in the UK have directed me here, they've told me you guys need to have a spare wheel by law so you may be able to help with parts/ideas.

Can someone share some pics of their boot and battery position and any info on relocating would be brilliant!

TIA :)

yokust
April 23rd, 2011, 21:28
Well this is as good as I can do, and might help with your needs

http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=47796&title=rs6-rear-battery-mount&cat=41

imola
April 23rd, 2011, 21:33
Cheers dude :)

Does anyone know how what the larest size alloy wheel will fit in the well?

Car is at the bodyshop so can't check myself.

hahnmgh63
April 23rd, 2011, 21:41
The Audi spare that comes with the car in N. America is un-inflated space saver spare in size 175/55-18 and they supply an 12V. air compressor to inflate it.

imola
April 23rd, 2011, 21:46
Thanks mate!

yokust
April 23rd, 2011, 22:56
And you cant fit a full size spare in these cars either.

The spare tire tub was built for base models, without the larger size tires

DonS
April 24th, 2011, 01:17
Hmm, maybe a regular A6 wheel tire would be a great spare vesus the inflatable mini spare.

yokust
April 24th, 2011, 02:54
A6 wheel/tire combo will be too small for both the brakes, and overall size and cause driveline issues. The inflatable spare is sadly our option