PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 e-Tron Concept

Joker
April 19th, 2011, 15:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPzb-IC3KO0&feature=player_embedded#at=279

I know this is but a concept at the moment and that certain elements of it's design will need to change before it's production ready but just look at it, this has to be the best looking small sized saloon in ages and easily a million miles better looking that anything due to arrive from either Munich or Stuttgart.

RXBG
April 19th, 2011, 16:11
and in other news, all search teams have reported that there is no sign of the missing V8T. ingolstadt and wolfsburg despair.

Joker
April 19th, 2011, 17:19
and in other news, all search teams have reported that there is no sign of the missing V8T. ingolstadt and wolfsburg despair.

The pressure behind that gasket must be getting unbelievable. :hihi:

darkop
April 19th, 2011, 18:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPzb-IC3KO0&feature=player_embedded#at=279

I know this is but a concept at the moment and that certain elements of it's design will need to change before it's production ready but just look at it, this has to be the best looking small sized saloon in ages and easily a million miles better looking that anything due to arrive from either Munich or Stuttgart.
It's almost impossible to find a flaw on this car! Just every single detail, line is perfect! They should apply this new design of lower valence (shown also on A7 sportback concept back in 2009.) asap on all models! The current one (non s-line) is quite boring... As soon as they do it their designs will become another step above everything else and it will silence all current critics of being non - imaginative.
Yeah, lack of V8 tfsi is becoming beyond irritative...

Toto89
April 19th, 2011, 19:45
There are quit a lot of interesting facts about this concept. First of all its weight is 1720kg!! I know it's a plug-in hybrid with heavy batteries, but man... Second that many sources mentioned it uses a 1.4 TFSI engine with 211hp. Can it be correct?? It's the power output of the 2.0 engine, the similarity is mysterious, isn't it a misspell? And third but the most important: I wrote into google the "A3 etron" name to see if everywhere 1.4 is mentioned or not and what did come up? THIS:http://www.thechargingpoint.com/2011/04/13/audi-reveals-a3-e-tron-prototype/
Have you seen it yet? I didn't find it here... It is kind a surprise, two A3 e-tron concepts from two generation in one week.

HKS786
April 19th, 2011, 21:17
Weight is a big problem. That weighs more than an A6 saloon.

Benman
April 19th, 2011, 21:28
I did not know 3784lbs is heavier than the new A6. I was under the impression that the A6 is @ 4000lbs?!?

I'd hit it and would be fine with that as a daily driver provided it ends up a plug in DIESEL hybrid.

As for the 4.0T... the search continues...

darkop
April 20th, 2011, 09:55
You can't expect a hybrid car with so many batteries to be lightweight. That's the downside of it...

HKS786
April 20th, 2011, 10:35
I did not know 3784lbs is heavier than the new A6. I was under the impression that the A6 is @ 4000lbs?!?

I'd hit it and would be fine with that as a daily driver provided it ends up a plug in DIESEL hybrid.

As for the 4.0T... the search continues...

I thought the new A6 2.0TDI was 1,575kg (according to their press release)? I actually think the new A3 saloon is great proportions since the A4 is quite large now. I just hope the front doesn't look too similar to the A6.

Joker
April 20th, 2011, 10:43
It's not how heavy this A3 Hybrid is, but how heavy it is compared to others hybrids like the A6 or even Q5 to see if Audi are continuing their pursuit of reducing weight right across the board.

But ignoring the weight for one moment, this is without a doubt the best looking Audi. It seems to combine the brilliant proportions of the B5/6 A4 with a bang up to date twist in features like the nose and butt treatment. I also love the new design of the interior with I feel will transfer almost unchanged, it's minimalist but yet is still interesting looking and gauging by the Q3 there appears to be no drop off in perceived quality.

An RS3 saloon could very well grace my household in the not to distance future I feel.
<style> qtl { position: absolute; border: 1px solid #cccccc; -moz-border-radius: 5px; opacity: 0.2; line-height: 100%; z-index: 999; direction: ltr; } qtl:hover,qtl.open { opacity: 1; } qtl,qtlbar { height: 22px; } qtlbar { display: block; width: 100%; background-color: #cccccc; cursor: move; } qtlbar img { border: 0; padding: 3px; height: 16px; width: 16px; cursor: pointer; } qtlbar img:hover { background-color: #aaaaff; } qtl>iframe { border: 0; height: 0; width: 0; } qtl.open { height: auto; } qtl.open>iframe { height: 200px; width: 300px; } </style><qtl style="display: none; left: 94px; top: 135px;" class=""><qtlbar name="bar"></qtlbar><iframe name="content"></iframe> </qtl>

Benman
April 20th, 2011, 15:16
HKS, that could be, I know the US model bases @4000lbs. Further, this e-Tron is only 100lbs heavier than the B5 S4 (again, US model).

But yes, I think Joker nails it. Take away the weight hold up and it is one really great looking sedan!

Joker
April 20th, 2011, 16:38
The current A3SB in 2.0TFSI S/Tronic quattro spec weighs in at 1455kg and I would reckon this car would weigh as much if not more than the equivalent saloon, so I doubt it's replacement will weigh any more, in fact if it doesn't weigh less I will be gobsmacked.

@Ben, don't read too much in to the weight of this concept version, just admire it's fine looks and wait for the finished article. :thumb:

Benman
April 20th, 2011, 20:45
@Ben, don't read too much in to the weight of this concept version, just admire it's fine looks and wait for the finished article. :thumb: Trust me, I'm not, I think others are. :D

Afterall, the Nissan Leaf has ZERO gas motor, and still weighs about what the Concept e-Tron does. Like you pointed out, a 580lbs premium over a non hybrid A3 is not as big of a factor that others are making it out to be. Not to mention the car is larger than the previous one.

I still say, if Audi makes this quattro, if they make it diesel and extended range hybrid, I will be a serious buyer. :cheers:

Ben :addict: