PDA

View Full Version : New Custom 3" Exhaust - wow should have done this years ago

stubro
April 18th, 2011, 20:24
Ok so just picked up my beast from USP motorsports in Coral Springs Florida and had a full custom 3" exhaust installed. The drive back to Tampa was great, I didn’t need the radio the whole way to mess up the sweet sounds coming from the tail pipes. So we ended up doing it all full custom with Milltek black tips. I will upload video and pics when I get back from a business trip this week. Many thanks to Fonzie and Elevens for the USP reference. We didnt have a chance to dyno it on Friday but it feels like it has more power.

JSRS6
April 18th, 2011, 20:56
Really looking forward to the vid man. I am looking at something like this as well. Catless?

stubro
April 18th, 2011, 21:01
Yes fully catless with a xross pipe. The only thing in the way of the turbos and the ozone layer is a custom muffler. Come find me Mr. Gore. Catch me if you can :) I will try and take a quick video in a min. I fly out tomorrow.

stubro
April 18th, 2011, 21:58
Here is the link to the first video. This is not great and it does not do it justice. I will try to get more later. http://youtu.be/pR5diqDzGBc

Elevens
April 19th, 2011, 01:54
Nice Stubro. You should definitely notice a performance gain, especially upstairs. Just the other day I found a clear stretch of road and decided to nail it. Slapped it into "S", she dropped into 4th and within an instant I was doing well over a 100 and even at that speed this thing was still pulling like a freight train. Properly Tuned these cars are remarkable, and going with a full Catless Exhaust System is a step in the right direction to perfection.................

PALETTE
April 19th, 2011, 04:10
Very nice! Chris does some amazing work

Ivan rs
April 19th, 2011, 07:05
Nice work! We need more video!

rle55
April 20th, 2011, 15:37
sweet sound! - where and how much were the milltek tips?

terrytcl
April 20th, 2011, 16:09
i don't remember my milltek tips being 3"

did they use special ones?

skribe
April 20th, 2011, 18:45
I really like the sound of my stock SE exhaust... and my neighbors already laugh that they can hear me coming two blocks away, and I don't need to call any more attention to my, ahem, driving habits by having an exhaust that's any louder. But I always thought the stock tips looked puny in the openings.

So I cut the stock tips off and mounted the larger milltek tips. I don't recall the measurements, but I believe the stock exhaust was like 2.75" vs the ID on the tips being set up for 3.0" pipe. Something like that. I fabbed a little shim ring out of 3" pipe to make them fit. I got the Milltek tips from Stratmosphere.

716YETI
April 20th, 2011, 20:37
yes fully catless with a xross pipe. The only thing in the way of the turbos and the ozone layer is a custom muffler. Come find me mr. Gore. Catch me if you can :) i will try and take a quick video in a min. I fly out tomorrow.

lmao!!!!

stubro
April 25th, 2011, 20:08
sweet sound! - where and how much were the milltek tips?

The tips were included in the overall price but I think they were around $275.

JSRS6
April 25th, 2011, 20:10
Hey, did you see the thread about the Michelin DE? Think you might wanna go? It's at PBIR, invite only.

2.7t Steve
April 26th, 2011, 04:32
Hi, do you sale your old exhaust?

stubro
May 4th, 2011, 02:29
All attached is the video that USP uploaded of the car http://youtu.be/wv9wEMiLku8 . Steve I will PM you about the old exhaust I still have it.

JSRS6
May 4th, 2011, 02:44
Sounds great man!