PDA

View Full Version : Some pics of the start of my project

hahnmgh63
April 17th, 2011, 01:37
112691126811267I know you've all seen pics of our engines and stuff but I thought I would throw my own out there.11266
http://www.rs6.com/images/misc/pencil.png

micdee
April 17th, 2011, 02:06
I might have missed it and I know that owning a RS6 is a project on its own, but what is your project about?

hahnmgh63
April 17th, 2011, 02:14
Actually, the fault is in the second pic of the Turbo Flange. I was pulling my downpipes to remove the pre-cats and the stud broke. There was no way to fix it with the engine in the car so I removed the engine & transmission. Now I'm going to do the hoses, seals, O2 sensors, EGT Sensors along with gutting the Pre-cats and have them ceramic coated. Now I'm trying to decide if I do something with the transmission & Torque converter.

JSRS6
April 17th, 2011, 02:19
You gonna get rid of the mains as well?

speedtrapped
April 17th, 2011, 03:29
Straight pipe those bad boys.

JSRS6
April 17th, 2011, 03:39
Straight pipe those bad boys.

Yeah!!!!

PALETTE
April 17th, 2011, 04:20
Yeah!!!!

To loud, it has a drone effect, that's my own opinion

4everRS
April 17th, 2011, 04:52
The third Pic looks like you took the cradle down with the engine, but the first looks like it's removed. It is just the way the pictures are? or did you remove it (the cradle/subframe)?

How was the lowering of the lump? anything you ran into or would tell someone else to look out for?

hahnmgh63
April 17th, 2011, 06:47
I left the cradle in place. You have to be very careful as their are alot of wires to unplug and the main harness with the computer comes off the drivers side and the Positive & Negative Main power and ground come off the passenger (Right side). I did partially use the Elsawin Engine removal and it helped remind me of a couple of things but it comes down to looking at everything, unhooking what you find, looking again carefully and unhooking more. I hated to break open the A/C system as mine had never been opened but I couldn't find a way around it. I bought the largest hydraulic table that Harbor Freight carried rated for 1000Lbs and it worked perfectly with the cradel on. I used a block under the front crossmember of the cradle and along the sides. I definitely wanted the transmission oil pan protected and easily unhooked from the engine. It was a lot of work getting it out and will be a lot of work updating and replacing items but even more work getting it back in and hooked up but I'm going to take my time. Luckily my Turbo stud that broke has a enough left over that I think it will come out Ok. I'm not going to even attempt it for a couple of days, I'm going to keep spraying it with Kroil.

Aronis
April 17th, 2011, 18:54
That's a minor DIY project.

Just trying removing the 4 foot snow blower, full roof enclosure, tire chains, rear weights from a JD tractor and then install the mowing deck and power bagger and front weights. Now that's a real man's DIY project.

LOL...

Looks FUN....get those VC gaskets done too:).

Mike

hahnmgh63
April 17th, 2011, 20:34
If you need man's work, I just got off my 1949 Ford 8N tractor cutting some of the grass down in my back field for my neighbors horses. Now that's a man's tractor, no power steering just armstrong steering.

V8weight
April 18th, 2011, 02:24
If you need man's work, I just got off my 1949 Ford 8N tractor cutting some of the grass down in my back field for my neighbors horses. Now that's a man's tractor, no power steering just armstrong steering.
LOL, your into Porsches and tractors? Alice Chalmers WD, Ford 9N, John Deere A, Farmall M, International 560........i grew up with these things, baling hay for the hippo's.

speedtrapped
April 18th, 2011, 02:32
To loud, it has a drone effect, that's my own opinion
Corey I disagree, I had my dp's gutted and main cats removed on old set up, no drone at all, actually thought millteks were to quiet.

hahnmgh63
April 18th, 2011, 16:56
Anyone have some sound bite's with the main cats gutted too? Pat, didn't you just do this to your car? I have the Sound Enhanced mufflers so I'll stick with them for now.

marklar182
April 18th, 2011, 17:06
Anyone have some sound bite's with the main cats gutted too? Pat, didn't you just do this to your car? I have the Sound Enhanced mufflers so I'll stick with them for now.

+1

I'm sticking with the SE exhaust, but would like to hear the pre cats, and/or pre and mains gutted with the SE.

PALETTE
April 18th, 2011, 17:09
Corey I disagree, I had my dp's gutted and main cats removed on old set up, no drone at all, actually thought millteks were to quiet.
one car i heard had a Bad Drone, not sure if he had the SE exhaust or the Borlas now come to think of it..