PDA

View Full Version : Nuvolari will never be built

Erik
October 1st, 2003, 18:32
It's not what you wanted to hear, but here it is.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=00862273

"Volkswagen chief Bernd Pischetsrieder also says the company can’t make a packaging and business case for the Nuvolari quattro concept, so that car will never be built"

remedy
October 1st, 2003, 19:34
Not really a big surprise. Especially not in that package. Take the front for intstance, a V10 biturbo, which stops before the front axle? Um, don't think so...

Still a shame though, the car is absolutely beautiful. :cry:

krabu
October 1st, 2003, 20:05
I don't know If I should celebrate or cry...
I really loved (love) the Nuvolari - but I think it has to much in-common with the Continental GT and I have a little bit hard to accept the facts that almost any car on the market today is a brother or sister to some other car of another brand.
So lets celebrate the Continental GT instead and hope they build the Le Mans Quattro...even if it will have far less power then the concept version (hey, what do we have MTM for? :D )...

Finnus
October 2nd, 2003, 19:04
I was at my Audi dealer this morning (dropping off my RS 6 for the rearview mirror/valentine 1/lidatek installation), and they said the same thing as the article about the Nuvolari (I was never a fan) and the LeMans Quattro (that it won't have 600 hp, maybe 5).

IMO: Why is Audi whimping out? Build the 600+hp version and make a statement. Why bother building protypes that will never be built? Step up to the plate and build something that will blow away Porsche, M-B McLaren and Lamboghini. The HP wars are far from over (I hope).

Finnus
:addict: :addict: :addict: