PDA

View Full Version : Tran's Oil?

PALETTE
April 13th, 2011, 18:38
So the Trans is going to be back in the car late this week. What Oils have anyone really had good luck with?

I am working on a Porsche Cup car oil cooler that i might adapt to a trans cooler.

Keep you all posted!!

hahnmgh63
April 13th, 2011, 18:42
I've had good luck with Redline D4 that I've been using for about 45K now. I first changed it at 25K then changed it again at 35K to get out any old fluid. I was also anal and blew out the cooler lines initially to get most of the fluid out and let it drain for a day or two so the only fluid left would have been in the TC. I have only used the OEM filter and as you may have heard, compare it against the one you pull out to make sure the pickup doesn't go any deeper. Some have cut off the pickup but I leave it there for somewhat windage, just make sure it isn't longer than the one you pull out and make sure the pan isn't bent inwards at all.

s42ski
April 16th, 2011, 14:51
BND here for tranny oil - did it twice at two oil changes, did NOT use the air to blow out the lines however!

Also running BND for all other fluids.

PALETTE
April 16th, 2011, 15:13
Thanks Guys, I am actually going to put the Amsoil in. Lets see how that works!

hahnmgh63
April 16th, 2011, 16:20
Palette, what TC did you end up going with? Who rebuilt the tranny? I'm contemplating one or both while my engine/tranny are out of the car. I just got it out last night. What a mess, a lot of work, lots of sensors, oil lines, water lines.

PALETTE
April 16th, 2011, 16:30
Ended up with the Ace Converter, And a Fully Built Audi replacement warranty trans. I wanted to have it built by Tozo but my warranty company called the shots and said AUDI only. I had to pay for the Converter but i dont care, they covered a $7700 bill.
Downpipes going in, New O2's, New Coils(thanks Terry got them) Thats about it.

ttboost
April 17th, 2011, 00:58
Mine is 100% done. Picking up tomorrow.

PALETTE
April 17th, 2011, 04:25
Mine is 100% done. Picking up tomorrow.

That's awesome! Keep me post on the ride