View Full Version : Q3, revealed!

AndyBG
April 13th, 2011, 09:33
It is little bit discreet IMHO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37cR1tPHB2s&feature=player_embedded

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/04/new-audi-q3-officially-revealed-high.html

HKS786
April 13th, 2011, 10:13
Pointless. A scaled down Q5. So predictable too.

darkop
April 13th, 2011, 10:33
First impressions were not that good... But as with all other Audis, it grows on you very fast and becomes nice - pretty - beautiful - awesome!! :)

inF
April 13th, 2011, 10:37
I really liked tail & head light design. Look like they still belong to a concept, subtle but innovative. And the interior as well, it's a mixture of various other Audi's but as a whole it looks distinctive enough among them. Overall, much better than an X1 imho.

Joker
April 13th, 2011, 10:47
First impressions were not that good... But as with all other Audis, it grows on you very fast and becomes nice - pretty - beautiful - awesome!! :)

Every SUV that has come with the black plastic trim on the bottom half and around the wheel arches always doesn't look great in pictures but almost always looks much better in person and this is true of this design as well.

I'm looking forward to the S/Line version as I reckon it will look not only stunning in pictures but even more so in real life.

Hard to believe that this is a Tiguan underneath. :brag:

P.S.
Whilst most of the engines will be carried over from the Tiguan you will see some differences as well. ;)

HKS786
April 13th, 2011, 12:07
S-line pictures.

JavierNuvolari
April 13th, 2011, 13:36
Serious Q3 is Serious...
Q3 is not pleased...

I can see the captions.

RXBG
April 13th, 2011, 13:57
and in other news, ingolstadt has sent search parties to the sahara, gobi, antarctica, and eastern australia in one last desperate hope of finding the 4.0T V8 engine that has been missing for over a year.

darkop
April 14th, 2011, 10:40
and in other news, ingolstadt has sent search parties to the sahara, gobi, antarctica, and eastern australia in one last desperate hope of finding the 4.0T V8 engine that has been missing for over a year.
Given that this thing has been exposed this early (more than a week till the show), something tells me that we are going to be pleasantly surprised next week.. Something that will counteract the M5 Concept... ;)

roadrunner
April 14th, 2011, 16:42
S-line pictures.

http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11261&d=1302692771

Back to the roots - S-Line front facia wise that is. The B7 A4 and the C6 A6 pre FL had a distinct S-Line front bumper design that was easily recognizable and made the S-Line model look sporty and potent.

With the B8 A4/A5 and C6 FL this was "washed away" = the difference between standard and S-Line front bumper was drastically reduced and even I :) have to take a 2nd look.

The C7 A7 A6 are somewhere inbetween IMHO.

I like the approach Audi is taking again with the Q3. Easily differentiable and only with S-Line exterior makes the Q3 desireable for me.

darkop
April 14th, 2011, 16:45
^
?!! I don't understand this? It has exactly the same design theme as S-line of A6 C7.

Joker
April 15th, 2011, 00:12
The more i look at it the more i feel it's a nicely proportioned car, but only up to a point and that point being the slope of the hatch section, would have preferred a more traditional estate look to the rear but otherwise it's good. Compared to the X1 is a no contest with the Audi winning hands down but against the new RR Evoque I much prefer the Landrover, though it's in a totally different price bracket.

It will sell well I think and needs to be offered in the US where SUVs are big business, even small ones.

tailpipe
April 15th, 2011, 00:53
It seems hard to believe that the new Q3 is based on an almost identical concept that Audi originally debuted back in 2007. At the time, Audi said it previewed the new A4, A5, A6, A7 and A8 MLB platform architecture. Did it? or was it just a marketing hype? Whatever the Q3 crossover concept was based on, I thought the production Q3 would actually be based on the new MQB platform architecture, but that wasn't right either. Here it is and it's based on the Tiguan.

Even so, it seems remarkably similar to the new A3 drawings we've seen. So will the new A3 be just a lowered Q3 with more or less the same styling? Or will it be as adventurous as the A3 Sedan concept shown at Geneva?

AndyBG
April 16th, 2011, 07:09
Next A3 will have a lot similarity with Q3, that is for sure! Just like A4 have with Q5, or future 1 series with X1...

The Pretender
April 16th, 2011, 14:35
http://www.autoblog.nl/archive/2011/04/16/primeur-de-eerste-live-fotos-van-de-audi-q3#post-42517

AndyBG
April 19th, 2011, 19:15
Pic's from the presentation...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/111041932752/2012-audi-q3-world-debut-live-from-shanghai

darkop
April 23rd, 2011, 19:53
The more i look at it the more i feel it's a nicely proportioned car, but only up to a point and that point being the slope of the hatch section, would have preferred a more traditional estate look to the rear but otherwise it's good. Compared to the X1 is a no contest with the Audi winning hands down but against the new RR Evoque I much prefer the Landrover, though it's in a totally different price bracket.

It will sell well I think and needs to be offered in the US where SUVs are big business, even small ones.

That ''slope'' of the hatch section has been Audi's signature line for all 3/5 doors cars/SUV in past and by the look of it it will continue to be. Maybe it's you that don't fancy Audi's hatchbacks? There are others that make it different (flat)...

Joker
April 24th, 2011, 08:58
That ''slope'' of the hatch section has been Audi's signature line for all 3/5 doors cars/SUV in past and by the look of it it will continue to be. Maybe it's you that don't fancy Audi's hatchbacks? There are others that make it different (flat)...

I love Audi's hatchbacks, just don't agree with it's use on a small SUV that's all. The Q5 and Q7 both have acceptable depth in the boot area to carry off this slope without it effecting their practicality but I feel this isn't the case with the Q3.

darkop
April 25th, 2011, 10:15
^ So you are questioning its practicality and according to that assumption of being useless you form your judgement about design. Those are few thing you might want to sacrifice sometimes to have a good design. To me that slope makes this car (SUV??) much more compelling on otherwise very generic design language that's been implemented (once again) with good reason, I guess. It's much more progressive/dynamic compared to its donor's (VW Tiguan) roof line.

Joker
April 25th, 2011, 11:32
^ One can only speak their mind and put forward an opinion, I understand why Audi have done this slope because it's in line with their design language for their estate/SUV but hopefully you can see the point I was making with the Q3, it's boot depth greatly accompromises it's ability to accommodate taller items. Otherwise it's a brilliant addition to Audi's lineup.

Oh btw I totally see your point as well. :cheers:

caresser
May 4th, 2011, 03:23
First impressions were not that good... But as with all other Audis, it grows on you very fast and becomes nice - pretty - beautiful - awesome Achat Chaussures Gucci pas cher (http://www.gucci-chaussures.com/) Gucci Bottes Homme (http://www.gucci-chaussures.com/)