PDA

View Full Version : Loba Intake Cam Set Group Buy

terrytcl
April 12th, 2011, 16:49
Thanks to Amanda's information of Loba Motorsports, I decided to look them up.

I talked to Simon at Loba Motorsports, he said they'd be willing to do a group buy on the intake cams for the RS6. they have a longer open duration, which keeps the valves open longer to allow more charged air into the cylinders.

he said no other modifications are necessary to utilize these cams.

there's a price break at 5 buyers and another at 10.

if you're interested, we'd be saving some $ on the cams as well as shipping to one location here in the states and then I can distribute them to US addresses.

Please PM me if you're interested.

thanks

When I remember doing my timing belt job, I don't think you'll need to remove the timing belt to get to the intake cams. you'll definitely need a hydraulic chain compressor and to remove the Y-pipe that's bolted to the throttle body. besides that, i think it's pretty accessible... thoughts?

amanda
April 12th, 2011, 18:42
Ahhhhhhh so you have been tempted then? ;)

yokust
April 12th, 2011, 19:11
I may be interested based on price, and also if they could actually supply cam specs(lift and duration of stock and loba's)

But also a much needed note for people. It is alot more work then said above. On both heads the secondary air kombi valves need to be removed to allow the cam caps or chain tensioners to be removed to swing the intake cams out of the way. It is possible to do, but also very hard to get them back together with the engine in the vehicle. The coolant cross pipe on the back of motor blocks full access to get the bolts for the kombi valves in and out on these cars.

terrytcl
April 12th, 2011, 20:48
yokust,

i don't remember having to remove the kombi valve on the driver side... can't remember what i did on the passenger side (had some issues with parts)... in any case, i do remember having to unbolt the flange to the kombi valve to get to the camshaft position sensor. i'll have to remember what i did with the passenger side (it was spread out over a 3 week period). i do clearly remember having to slightly bend the coolant pipe out of the way to get the cover off.

for the cam info... I asked Loba for information and will post his response.
check your PM on pricing.

thanks

mi021le
April 12th, 2011, 23:13
im in. but want to see a general price first.

terrytcl
April 12th, 2011, 23:20
mi021le, PM Sent

yokust
April 13th, 2011, 00:31
i don't remember having to remove the kombi valve on the driver side... can't remember what i did on the passenger side (had some issues with parts)... in any case, i do remember having to unbolt the flange to the kombi valve to get to the camshaft position sensor. i'll have to remember what i did with the passenger side (it was spread out over a 3 week period). i do clearly remember having to slightly bend the coolant pipe out of the way to get the cover off.

Well there is a difference between, taking them off to slide gaskets or seals in, versus replacing the intake camshaft

terrytcl
April 13th, 2011, 01:30
Well there is a difference between, taking them off to slide gaskets or seals in, versus replacing the intake camshaft

True, but I had both set of cams on my workbench.

RS6...
April 13th, 2011, 11:30
Gents,

I would be interested but I will not purchase without specifications as stated above.

Personally what I would suggest using is the cam's from an S6 or S8 using the same basic engine if they are a different part number as they will be more aggressive, if anyone can provide info on this I would be greatly thankful.

hahnmgh63
April 13th, 2011, 17:58
If you need to see some pics of the cam area let me know as I'll probably have my engine/tranny out of the car in the next day or two and have it on a wheeled cart so I will be able to take close up pics from almost any angle.

terrytcl
April 14th, 2011, 17:24
couple folks interested... i think we may have 5 already.

need 5 more for the next price break.

still waiting on specs on the cams.

Spidercat
April 15th, 2011, 23:54
pm sent...