PDA

View Full Version : Front Bumper needed for C5 RS6

Scottrod2
April 11th, 2011, 18:46
New guy here from Ohio. I am a graphic designer in Columbus, Ohio. I have always been a car guy and I dabble in many different types of cars. I have everything from VW and Audi to a 1932 Ford Hot Rod. I recently bought a black C5 4.2 A6 that was in a light front end collision. I want to put the RS6 front bumper on the car since I have to buy a bumper anyway. The car is currently apart and I have a new fender and headlight that I got from Shokan. If anyone has a bumper, even one that needs slight repair, I would be interested. I will also be looking for some decent coilovers too. I hope I am welcome here even tho I don't technically have as cool of a car as you guys. I am hoping I can make some minor upgrades to mine with the items you guys are selling off.

JSRS6
April 11th, 2011, 18:54
Did you get RS6 front fenders?

Stephencl
April 11th, 2011, 19:43
Fenders and hood are the same....for 4.2 and for the RS6. All aluminum.

Stephen

Scottrod2
April 11th, 2011, 21:42
That is correct, I have the 4.2 aluminum sheet metal, which is identical to RS6 sheet metal. I will have to modify the 4.2 bumper bar and maybe shorten the bumper shocks slightly to get the RS6 cover to fit properly. It is pretty close to a direct bolt-up. (on the 4.2 cars)

ben916
April 11th, 2011, 22:59
I haven't seen many F/R bumpers for sale, even on AZ or QW or Ebay or Craigslist....not to say I am searching for one.
They go pretty quick when one is dropped in front of a crowd..

http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=60_72_154