PDA

View Full Version : Well I think my RS6 is finally headed on to a new life after me.

mmaturo
April 10th, 2011, 06:38
A little over 5 1/2 years of love and hate (not so much hate as wish it didn't break). My dealership got to the trade in number I was after today so in a few days after I pull out my RNSE tomorrow the car gets turned in and I drive home in a new S5 cabriolet. Will not be the same at all but i need a car under warranty that I can really enjoy as now I treat my RS like a precious piece of china off warranty for fear of the tranny going at any time. Fun part about the trade in number is that it is higher than the same dealership offered me over a year ago for it. I think the car has hit the bottom (last year) and has bobbed back up a bit finally. 89.7K on the clock.

Had one last good kill story today driving from the body shop to the dealership. A couple was out in their brand new Gran Sport Corvette convertible as it was a great day in Chicago today and I rumbled by in appreciation with a thumbs up as their car looked nice. He then wanted to play so he worked his way in front of me and then took off in a huge clearing. I wasn't expecting it so he got a really good jump but i reeled him in somewhat slowly and passed him. Smiles all around. Good last triple digit adventure as I doubt i will do it again before i drop it off. Car is perfect inside and out so its time to run fast before anything breaks.

By far the most impressive all around car I have owned or realistically i will ever own. If i had a warranty still going I would have kept it but I don't have deep enough pockets to risk it otherwise. Next RS6 to the US will have to be really impressive to top the original.

Cheers.

vitalian
April 10th, 2011, 17:47
I think I have an inkling of how you feel. I keep buying lottery tickets hoping I'll win before my warranty runs out.

You've had a good run in your 6, even with all the problems. Glad to hear you got in one last kill -- a good memory to keep!

Cheers back at you.

PALETTE
April 10th, 2011, 18:21
Well it is sad. But you may always come back. Hope you enjoy the S as much as the RS6

marklar182
April 10th, 2011, 18:55
Best of luck in the S5! That and the Q7 TDI are the only new US Audi's I would even think about purchasing these days.

So did anyone ever pick up those genuine Euro 19" Titan wheels, or are they going with the car? N/M saw your other post!

Elevens
April 10th, 2011, 19:57
Good luck with the S5. Make sure you do a Milltek Exhaust System. One of them ran me down the other day (I let him catch me of course) to give the RS the Thumbs up, after which he pulled away. I must tell you his Tailpipes sounded real good. Sounded almost as good as the 6. Make sure we see some pictures of what I think is one of the most stunning looking cars on the road..........................

MaxRS6
April 10th, 2011, 20:07
Sad to see ya leave the fold. Enjoy the new ride!

mmaturo
April 10th, 2011, 21:41
Thank you all. Waiting for that C7 RS6...RS5 next...the S5 is a filler till next year. I think I will immediately do the Stasis upgrades to the car as will be all under warranty, so ECU tune and the exhaust. Stasis says 333 to 410 hp for the V6 in my new car. 0-60 in 4.3 (wow). If true I will have a nice smile. Pics as soon as i pic her up this week. Its a cabriolet with brilliant black paint with a red top (that's what did it for me) and red leather inserts in the sport seats, doors and red stitching on the rest.

Fonzie Audi
April 10th, 2011, 23:17
Thank you all. Waiting for that C7 RS6...RS5 next...the S5 is a filler till next year. I think I will immediately do the Stasis upgrades to the car as will be all under warranty, so ECU tune and the exhaust. Stasis says 333 to 410 hp for the V6 in my new car. 0-60 in 4.3 (wow). If true I will have a nice smile. Pics as soon as i pic her up this week. Its a cabriolet with brilliant black paint with a red top (that's what did it for me) and red leather inserts in the sport seats, doors and red stitching on the rest.

i think the s5 cab has the 3.0 t same as my S4. with apr 93 ecu, test pipes, full exhaust and intake im running 12.27 1/4 and 4.08 0-60. it will never replace the beast but u will enjoy it

Elevens
April 11th, 2011, 01:17

Man I thought you were getting the V8. Oh well forget the V8 Rumble. But at least she'll be quick.......

mmaturo
April 11th, 2011, 03:18
Man I thought you were getting the V8. Oh well forget the V8 Rumble. But at least she'll be quick.......

Only the coupe has the V8 : ( but for some reason I have really wanted a convertible again as I used to have the first generation Audi Cabriolet, '94MY, based on the 80/90 platform and loved it. After test driving and picking up a buddy's S4 cabrio a year or two ago up here I missed it so figured I would pencil one in before the RS5. I'm gonna miss the sound of the V8 blowing under the viaducts on my way to work no doubt.

mmaturo
April 11th, 2011, 03:20
i think the s5 cab has the 3.0 t same as my S4. with apr 93 ecu, test pipes, full exhaust and intake im running 12.27 1/4 and 4.08 0-60. it will never replace the beast but u will enjoy it

Yup same engine and yikes that is fast. How necessary do you think the exhaust upgrade is for the hp/performance gain? I want to do the tune but if I can not spend $2K on an exhaust I would rather not.

SAF
April 11th, 2011, 03:28
Best of luck to you and the new ride!

JSRS6
April 11th, 2011, 03:49
Yup same engine and yikes that is fast. How necessary do you think the exhaust upgrade is for the hp/performance gain? I want to do the tune but if I can not spend $2K on an exhaust I would rather not.

Test pipes would be most essential to that I would think.

papadoc
April 11th, 2011, 05:27
I've been admiring those wheels since Mark first posted pics of them, and they'll be installed on another Daytona Gray beast soon. Pics will of course follow!

ZCD2.7T
April 11th, 2011, 20:02
Congrats, Mark!

I can tell you than my STaSIS-tuned 3.0Tfsi '11 S4 is really quick. I haven't timed it (yet), but I expect that it will run 12.7 or so in the 1/4, even with just the tune. The powerband feels quite different than the C5 RS 6, though. Not as brutish from a very low RPM, but really flies in the mid-range and higher. Launch control is fun, too - all 4 tires briefly spinning FTW!

skribe
April 12th, 2011, 03:52
Minutes before he killed the vette, Mark and I had a completely chance run-in on the road, unfortunately I wasn't driving the beast. I saw his car flash past and knew exactly who it was even though we had never met in the real world. Spun around, pulled him over and we had a nice talk. Mark's car still looked absolutely perfect and well cared for... And I gotta say, Mark's a big dude. Might be looking a little mario cart in the S5 Cab with the top down. :)

Thanks for making the board better and don't be a stranger! :cheers:

mmaturo
April 12th, 2011, 16:35
I've been admiring those wheels since Mark first posted pics of them, and they'll be installed on another Daytona Gray beast soon. Pics will of course follow!

He reveals himself...I am glad they are going to a good home and another Daytona car. Still the only set I know of.

mmaturo
April 12th, 2011, 16:42
Minutes before he killed the vette, Mark and I had a completely chance run-in on the road, unfortunately I wasn't driving the beast. I saw his car flash past and knew exactly who it was even though we had never met in the real world. Spun around, pulled him over and we had a nice talk. Mark's car still looked absolutely perfect and well cared for... And I gotta say, Mark's a big dude. Might be looking a little mario cart in the S5 Cab with the top down. :)

Thanks for making the board better and don't be a stranger! :cheers:

Ok this really did make me laugh out loud. Dead on. You should see me roll out of my TT : ) Big guy, small car. Yeah my big ol head will be prominent sticking out of the S5, i certainly can't hide if i piss anyone off. Maybe that's why my wife wanted a new A8 so badly, maybe she was trying to tell me something...

Great running into you and no idea on the odds of how. I'll be floating around here certainly as I still want the next RS6. Heck i actually called the Canada group (hoppen?) that was trying to import the C6 RS6s. The techs can barely fix the C5 so whats the difference with a C6 they have never seen parts of.

mmaturo
April 14th, 2011, 03:15
Deal is done. Still elated I got a fair trade. Obviously the value has finally hit a plateau and stayed there to the point where even the dealers are again seeing they can still make money again off the cars. Sad dropping off my RS6 but already liking the S5. It certainly turns heads. Great car. I'm going to enjoy the updated electronics certainly. I definitely remember now why in the past i loved having convertibles. The DSG is certainly a different experience after our slush box that eventually goes into gear. A few pics from the dealership. The color combo is what did it for me.

http://forums.audiworld.com/picture.php?albumid=163742&pictureid=230176 http://forums.audiworld.com/picture.php?albumid=163742&pictureid=230178 http://forums.audiworld.com/picture.php?albumid=163742&pictureid=230177