PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Wanna-Be

Finnus
October 1st, 2003, 00:15
I stopped in my Audi dealer on Saturday to pester them about the LeMans Quattro (I think the more people who ask about it, the better the chance thet'll produce it and import it).

My dealer mentioned that they're awaiting delivery of an A6 2.7T with 15 hp more and some body enhancements including a spoiler on the rear deck! It will make it a little harder to pick out the RS6 and increase the stealth factor somewhat.

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

Ernesto (ERT)
October 1st, 2003, 06:30
After driving behind a RS6 on Sunday (thanks Ben), I can tell you those wheel wells are the sexiest thing on that car after the front profile.

Though it is nice to see AoA being aware (though late) of some more common mods we're doing ourselves, that truely make the A6 2.7T worthy of the T.

Cheers-
=ERT=

Bauer
October 1st, 2003, 21:59
Ernesto,

Anytime, I hope you had as much fun as I did:incar: .

And I hope Audi will do more of these types of options in the future as I believe it allows each car to be more personalized. Just as I liked the 2.7T motor set up but liked the 4.2 body....it would nice to be able to make it an option as far as body work.:cheers:

iconcls
October 2nd, 2003, 01:14
ANYTHING that keeps turbo alive at Audi; especially in light of that rumor they will not be present in future RS's.

Bauer
October 2nd, 2003, 01:24
I find it VERY difficult to believe that Audi would ever STOP using turbos. It is part of their heritage that goes back to 1980 and they have ALWAYS had turbo charged cars. I could see Audi offering the S models that would not have Turbos but IMO the top of the range will always have turbos. There would be a MAJOR backlash, as long time Audi fans such as I myself expect them to use turbos as they always have.

If they stopped I would have to start ridding a bike as I would be so distraught....I have only purchased Audi's.:cheers:

oswald
October 4th, 2003, 02:45
they have stopped using turbos on S4. and the turbo spinning-up sound is what I love the most about this car.

Finnus
October 4th, 2003, 18:30
I can't imagine Audi doing away with turbos - especially in the midst of the escalating horsepower wars!:MTM:

I'm a turbo fan, but I'm really a performance freak. If Audi can develop the kind of horse power, power to weight, torque and, most importantly, performance that's needed without turbos, more "power" to them. I just can't see it happening in the near future ...

:cheers:
Finnus

Erik
January 16th, 2005, 15:24
Today I saw a black A6 2.4 sedan with rear spoiler and RS6 badge :harass:

Benman
January 17th, 2005, 15:51
Originally posted by Finnus
I can't imagine Audi doing away with turbos - especially in the midst of the escalating horsepower wars!:MTM:

I'm a turbo fan, but I'm really a performance freak. If Audi can develop the kind of horse power, power to weight, torque and, most importantly, performance that's needed without turbos, more "power" to them. I just can't see it happening in the near future ...

:cheers:
Finnus
Agreed. I love my Beast's turbo feel, but even more important to me is the performance factor. If they can somehow give us all the fun without the turbos than I'll still be happy, but deep down, I still want the turbos!:D

Ben:addict:

Finnus
January 17th, 2005, 18:02
but deep down, I still want the turbos!

Amen! LOL

Finnus
:addict:

chewy496
January 17th, 2005, 22:39
Originally posted by Erik
Today I saw a black A6 2.4 sedan with rear spoiler and RS6 badge :harass:

I'm afraid I win, las week I saw an old A4 SEDAN(!) with an RS4 badge on it!!! :vhmmm: