PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Turbo Upgrade Question

RS6...
April 8th, 2011, 09:38
Hi All,

I am a new member to this forum!

Hope to learn heaps and offer assistance where I can along the way.

I am the proud owner of a AVUS Silver RS6.

Turb Question-

I have been researching this and have found the following options:

1) Bolt-on Performance Upgrade - These are basically OEM turbo's which have been modified to allow greater airflow boost. The brands I have found that offer this are: LOBA.

2) Upgrade Existing Turbos - This is where you send your turbos in for a rebuild and performance upgrade, the upgrades can be simple ones such as stronger wastegates, cliping turbine wheels upto doing those plus installing an upgraded compressor wheel. The brands that offer this service are: LOBA and VAST Performance.

3) Custom Turbo Kit - This is where a fabricator makes you a custom kit. This could be done by any fabricator and as fas as I know the only shop to have done this is MRC. I am interested in this option however the fabricators I have spoken to said this may require body massaging because the turbos may foul the transmission tunnel and this is something I am not willing to accept. If MRC could comment on this it would be appreciated. Even more interesting is if they could supply a turb kit :)

If anyone on here has tried any of the above mentioned options I would love to hear your feedback and see any logs before/after is you have these also.

If anyone has found/tried an option not mentioned I would also been keen to hear the specifics.

Thanks for your time!

RS...

amanda
April 8th, 2011, 16:08
I have new Loba 650 hybrids on mine if that helps.

DHall1
April 8th, 2011, 17:28
5k euro for just the turbos.

SteveKen
April 8th, 2011, 17:44

Isn't that on par with stock B/W replacements these days?

amanda
April 8th, 2011, 17:50

I paid for mine in £'s

ben916
April 8th, 2011, 17:57
I have new Loba 650 hybrids on mine if that helps.

AH! so part of the SECRET comes out!!!!

I would think that IF you were to upgrade your turbos, there would be a rather llllllooooooonnnnnnnggggggg laundry list of other things to do first before this.....
Also there would be some things (ECU tune, fuel, air, etc) that would need to be in concert at the same time...

amanda
April 8th, 2011, 18:05

;) ;) ;)

Elevens
April 8th, 2011, 18:13
I was going to get the 650's for $4250.00 shipped to my door. But time constraints did not allow it. Should there be any other time for Engine removal I will be ready the next time around. The 650's should be good for around 650 horse with a low compression head gasket and maybe Cams. This is according Loba. I believe Amanda's setup is still in the Tweaking Stages and her numbers are still going to go up. Time will tell.......

JSRS6
April 8th, 2011, 18:14

I would think that IF you were to upgrade your turbos, there would be a rather llllllooooooonnnnnnnggggggg laundry list of other things to do first before this.....
Also there would be some things (ECU tune, fuel, air, etc) that would need to be in concert at the same time...

You did see her laundry liston the other thread, right?

ben916
April 8th, 2011, 18:20
yes, VERY impressive.... did you see the photos?

JSRS6
April 8th, 2011, 18:25

Also very impressive.

JSRS6
April 8th, 2011, 18:29

Did you get my pm?

ben916
April 8th, 2011, 18:34
yep, chat later about it

JSRS6
April 8th, 2011, 18:41
cool beans.