PDA

View Full Version : This is NOT a stealthy car

Alan
September 30th, 2003, 23:30
I didn't think anybody would notice the RS6 - figured I would be invisible in juts another Audi 6. WRONG! I cannot how much attention this car gets. Everyplace I go, somebody stops me to ask if it's a "real" RS6 (I tell 'em it's unreal!). Yesterday a group of 20 year old guys surrounded the car at the local CVS and started taking pictures with their photocell phones. Today a cop came over to tell me that this was the first one on the road he had seen and that he loves it.

BTW, I'm starting to believe that the enhanced sound package really only enhances the sound inside the car. Is this true? (for the driver's aural enjoyment)

Finnus
October 1st, 2003, 00:12
I'm starting to believe that the enhanced sound package really only enhances the sound inside the car. Is this true?

There was another thread on this, and the concensus was that the sound was only enhanced inside. I don't think Audi did a very good job of communicating that ...

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

JAXRS6
October 1st, 2003, 05:01
My salesman said after returning from an RS6 training session (a few days out west) that the standard exhaust sounds like a small block Chevy V8, and I think he got it about right. In any case I later heard the enhanced exhaust on another RS6, and it sounded great, but when mine arrived with the standard exhaust, it sounded great too and I have no regrets. I haven't compared the two back-to-back, on the same day, but my impressions are the difference isn't huge. Plenty of sound comes into the cabin when I accelerate, even slowly -- plenty being enough to be heard clearly but not enough interrupt conversation.

Flooring it does tend to affect conversation, however -- for reasons visceral as well as aural.

Erik
October 1st, 2003, 07:15
Originally posted by Alan
Today a cop came over to tell me that this was the first one on the road he had seen and that he loves it.

I wonder if he will be as enthusiastic when he pulls you over, or can't keep up, for speeding... :cheers:

Bauer
October 1st, 2003, 18:16
Alan,

I have had similar experiences with my RS6. I can't tell how many times I have had people pull up next to me and give me the thumbs up. There was a poor sap in a new rx7 that tried to beat me to the verg in from a stop. light turned green........I was 4 car lengths ahead of him in what seemed like a second. when he turned off he honked and waived.:cheers: