PDA

View Full Version : Just bought an RS6 in San Francisco, CA

mrmister
April 5th, 2011, 21:02
I am very excited to have purchased a one owner 2003 RS6. The car was purchased at Rector Audi in Burlingame, CA and all service was done with the same dealer. The same salesman still works there as does the same service writer who has been working on the car all these years. He says the car was maintained religiously. 3 days before I bought the car it had the 95k service and new brakes all around.

Vin: WUAPV54B33N904279

Options sticker below. If anyone knows anything about this car, I would love to hear about it.

JSRS6
April 5th, 2011, 21:40
Wow, Congrats. Welcome to the fold. I take it you are local to the dealer?

Ben, how many is that this month? Craaaazy!

MaxRS6
April 5th, 2011, 22:11
^- That's for sure

Welcome aboard the

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?t=1293713060

mrmister
April 5th, 2011, 22:18
I am close to the dealer. Nice operation, I will continue to service there and will probably start taking my Porsche there. I am a proud owner of a supercharged Porsche 968. I think I want to keep the RS6 stock, but I said that about the 968 and then I ended up going crazy with it.

vitalian
April 5th, 2011, 22:18
That's at least 3 new owners in the last couple of days!:addict:

Congrats!

ben916
April 5th, 2011, 22:31
quite a few!!!!

Details on car, please...

mrmister
April 5th, 2011, 23:25
I don't know on the color. It is sort of black, but not black. Graphite? Here is a crappy camera phone picture, I will take a better picture soon.I was hoping you guys could decipher the options sticker above, but I will do my best.

Carbon fiber interior trim
Onstar
Audi GPS navigation
Rear seat mounted side airbags

The front grill is black and the owner said most are not. The story is that this car was used as a show car by Audi. They brought it around to the car shows around the country to show it off and then sold it as new. Rector Porsche sold about a dozen of the RS6.

PALETTE
April 5th, 2011, 23:35
Very nice! Welcome to the club!

ben916
April 5th, 2011, 23:51
I don't know on the color. It is sort of black, but not black. Graphite? Here is a crappy camera phone picture, I will take a better picture soon.I was hoping you guys could decipher the options sticker above, but I will do my best.

Carbon fiber interior trim
Onstar
Audi GPS navigation
Rear seat mounted side airbags

The front grill is black and the owner said most are not. The story is that this car was used as a show car by Audi. They brought it around to the car shows around the country to show it off and then sold it as new. Rector Porsche sold about a dozen of the RS6.

The grill is black on all of them.
The grill trim piece that goes around the grill is normally brushed aluminum and several on here have painted theirs flat black or matte black.
The color looks like Ebony Pearl.
The codes, Not sure if anyone on the forum can decode those for you, but there is one person that could decode your build date.
What I am more curious about is the "show car" - does it have some "extra" goodies that the standard RS6 doesn't have?
Does it have PLUS pedals? metal pedals
Does it have the PLUS motor? 480HP vs 450HP
Does it have RECAROS?
Does it have the 3 spoke or 4 spoke steering wheel? US standard is 3 spoke

Carbon interior - Yeah!
Onstar - boo!
OEM Nav - sucks a$$
Airbag - if you have young children, you should get this disabled @ dealer

Also, you can call AoA specialty desk (R8, RS6, A8 only) and register with them, they might give some more details on that specific car.

mrmister
April 6th, 2011, 00:05
Yes, the grill trim is black, and was purchased like that from the dealer. All trim is black on the car. I don't think there are any extra goodies on the car. The seats are very nice white leather, but not recaro. The steering wheel is 3 spoke and the pedals are standard.

Where do I get the number to the specialty desk?

mrmister
April 6th, 2011, 00:16
The original owner also said something about a sound enhancing exhaust option. Does that sound familiar?

JSRS6
April 6th, 2011, 00:18
The original owner also said something about a sound enhancing exhaust option. Does that sound familiar?

Lol, everytime I start my car!

twinsteve
April 6th, 2011, 00:30
Yes, the grill trim is black, and was purchased like that from the dealer. All trim is black on the car. I don't think there are any extra goodies on the car. The seats are very nice white leather, but not recaro. The steering wheel is 3 spoke and the pedals are standard.

Where do I get the number to the specialty desk?

866-892-2834

Beastly
April 6th, 2011, 00:44
Welcome - there are a number here in the bay area - hope to see you around.

LIRS6
April 6th, 2011, 00:51

Black tips differentiate it from standard (chrome) exhaust. Fyi the OnStar no longer functions on any of our cars, ever since OnStar went with a digital format.

Enjoy!

Oh - and RS6/Porsche combo .. thumbs up!

mrmister
April 6th, 2011, 00:54
Ok, called the specialty desk and they confirmed everything from above.
put in to service july 11 2003
ebony black
silver leather
rear side airbags
carbon fiber interior trim
audi navigation
sound enhancing exhaust with black tips
phone dock

They also said there were some dealer options that the dealer can tell me what they are. I will have to pop down and ask Rector.

mrmister
April 6th, 2011, 00:56
2009 BMW 1200 GS Adventure motorcycle as well :) I am going car/motorcycle crazy the last few years. Plus I have the support vehicle, Ford F250 Powerstroke.

DHall1
April 6th, 2011, 04:49
Please post more pictures. From the looks of it you may have the black optics package. I wonder if the selling dealer painted the silver trim or if this car was delivered with the black trim.

Interesting.

mrmister
April 6th, 2011, 05:13
I will grab some pictures soon.

What is the black optics package?

JSRS6
April 6th, 2011, 11:32
Black grille trim, black under headlight trim, black window trim, black trunk trim.

mrmister
April 7th, 2011, 02:45
Here are some quick shots.

JSRS6
April 7th, 2011, 03:50
Looks great, thats the black optics.