PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 2003 RS6

YANORS6
April 5th, 2011, 09:00
I bought a 2003 RS6 in the Ebony pearl effect color. It has 57K miles and is stock. I'm super excited to get it and I'd love to start modding it but man parts are so expensive.

I'm thinking the eurocharged tune and the tcu tune?

MaxRS6
April 5th, 2011, 12:29
Welcome aboard the

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?t=1293713060

JSRS6
April 5th, 2011, 13:50
I bought a 2003 RS6 in the Ebony pearl effect color. It has 57K miles and is stock. I'm super excited to get it and I'd love to start modding it but man parts are so expensive.

Proven mods with good gains. Is this your daily driver, or can you spare it for a few days at a time?

vitalian
April 5th, 2011, 15:11
Congrats and welcome!

By any chance did you buy this car in Tacoma, Wa? If so, I saw it online- looks nice!

Erik
April 5th, 2011, 15:13
Good Day Sir, and welcome onboard the ship.

Ruergard
April 5th, 2011, 15:28
Welcome aboard and congrats on the car! :thumb:

Pics!

speedtrapped
April 5th, 2011, 16:44
congrads!!!!! the tune well there are several to choose from, and they range in price....as some are partial to Eurocharge, me included its the best bang for the buck...as for TCU only 1 MTM(done thru Hoppen in FLA), $125 plus shipping, and itsa must if your tuning.
other tunes are
Viper-v8weight has
APR
Revo
Giac

JSRS6
April 5th, 2011, 16:50
congrads!!!!! the tune well there are several to choose from, and they range in price....as some are partial to Eurocharge, me included its the best bang for the buck...as for TCU only 1 MTM(done thru Hoppen in FLA), $125 plus shipping, and itsa must if your tuning.
other tunes are
Eurocharged-I am also a fan
Viper-v8weight, elevens has
APR- maxrs6, 4everRS has
Revo- hahnmg63 has
Giac- don't think anybody has:hihi:

Added a few for ya.

speedtrapped
April 5th, 2011, 17:02
gracias amigo......

kevin
April 5th, 2011, 17:52
Revo Stage 1 select plus here and the MTM tcu upgrade.

speedtrapped
April 5th, 2011, 18:33
actually Ron RS6 ha a GIAC, I drove it 2 weeks ago, instant max boost, I mean boom....but honestly tranny gets beat up that way....it literally jerks on mild pressure to accelerator

ben916
April 5th, 2011, 19:07

Nice!
You should get all your mods done if/when it is in Seattle and then be done with it.
VIN please...

kevin
April 5th, 2011, 19:10
actually Ron RS6 ha a GIAC, I drove it 2 weeks ago, instant max boost, I mean boom....but honestly tranny gets beat up that way....it literally jerks on mild pressure to accelerator

this is one of the reasons why I went with Revo, the other is cost, MSRP for GIAC is $2000 (I'm a GIAC dealer and 35% off is still way more that I paid for the Revo flash) Plus, the PO gave me a great deal on the Revo flash.

JSRS6
April 5th, 2011, 19:15

Is that your friend up there you told me about? He coming down to the test and tune? Would be good to have more data...

terrytcl
April 5th, 2011, 19:34
I have the REVO stage 1 also.

currently looking for a better tune... posibily Eurocharged or a custom tune by FMU.

YANORS6
April 5th, 2011, 20:41
Proven mods with good gains. Is this your daily driver, or can you spare it for a few days at a time?

It's my daily driver, but I know my car has to be down for the Ecu and Tcu upgragdes :(

YANORS6
April 5th, 2011, 20:41
Congrats and welcome!

By any chance did you buy this car in Tacoma, Wa? If so, I saw it online- looks nice!

Haha you're good. Yup that's the one.

YANORS6
April 5th, 2011, 20:48
Hey guys thanks for all the greetings! This board is way better than the audi forums lol! It was dead over there.

I think I'm going with the eurocharged and Hoppen in FLA, these are the most cost effective.

Can you guys clarify things for me:

TCU is under the passengers front seat foot area, I think I saw a DIY thread somewhere?

ECU is under the hood, under towards the firewall of the car? I believe APR has a DIY thread, but the car they showed was a A6 2.7T. Are the ECU's in the same location?

Thanks fellas!

Pics are soon to follow. Dealer just put it on a boat to Alaska. Oh and it snowed again:cry:.

Brav
April 5th, 2011, 20:56
Perfect car for Anchorage! I remember doing donuts in a snow drift at a church parking lot....
:jlol:

My friend is a pilot/heli instructor and does some rescue work up there. I visited for NYE once.. interesting place, beautiful sites.

mrmister
April 5th, 2011, 21:06
Congrats on the purchase. I am a fellow Alaskan living in California and purchased an RS6 yesterday.

JSRS6
April 5th, 2011, 21:48
It's my daily driver, but I know my car has to be down for the Ecu and Tcu upgragdes :(

This is true. For the tcu anyway. While the tcu is out, there are a few things I would do, especially before tuning. Or you can fix things as they come up.

1. Change the diverter valves.
2. Inspect intercoolers/hoses and upgrade as necessary.
3. Sportec belly pan vents.

Warranty? Have you already scoped out an Indy shop locally? Or are you a DIY guy?

ben916
April 5th, 2011, 22:50
This is true. For the tcu anyway. While the tcu is out, there are a few things I would do, especially before tuning. Or you can fix things as they come up.

Warranty? Have you already scoped out an Indy shop locally? Or are you a DIY guy?

Not sure he has to worry about heat in Anchorage, not to say that it doesn't get hot there, just not Casa Grande HOT...

JSRS6
April 5th, 2011, 23:33
Not sure he has to worry about heat in Anchorage, not to say that it doesn't get hot there, just not Casa Grande HOT...

I would do it regardless of my location as a precautionary measure. Anything to get rid of all that heat!

YANORS6
April 5th, 2011, 23:47
Congrats on the purchase. I am a fellow Alaskan living in California and purchased an RS6 yesterday.

Congrats fellow RS6'in haha. Where did you live in Alaska? Maybe I knew you. I used to own a wrx, Evo 9, and a4 sline.

PALETTE
April 5th, 2011, 23:48
other tunes are
Viper-v8weight has
APR
Revo
EPL- me and ttboost - check my sig.
Giac

Guys I updated it again, dont want him not to have all the eggs in the basket...

YANORS6
April 5th, 2011, 23:51

I've heard of the diverter valve upgrade. I might do that one but depends on funds. Its just removing the ecu n tcu so I can handle that stuff myself.

Can anyone help me confirm the ecu nd tcu location for our RS6?

mrmister
April 5th, 2011, 23:53
Congrats fellow RS6'in haha. Where did you live in Alaska? Maybe I knew you. I used to own a wrx, Evo 9, and a4 sline.

I am from Juneau.

PALETTE
April 5th, 2011, 23:54
I've heard of the diverter valve upgrade. I might do that one but depends on funds. Its just removing the ecu n tcu so I can handle that stuff myself.

Can anyone help me confirm the ecu nd tcu location for our RS6?

Ecu you flash from the obd port. The tcu is under the passenger carpet floor pan. Correct

YANORS6
April 6th, 2011, 01:35
Ecu you flash from the obd port. The tcu is under the passenger carpet floor pan. Correct

I'm gonna flash through Eurocharged so I gotta
send the ecu I believe. And if im not mistaken ecu is located in engine bay front of driver?

JSRS6
April 6th, 2011, 02:25
You dont need to remove your ecu. But yes, it is underneath the cover between the firewalls. Again, you don't need to remove. Eurocharged is a flash.

YANORS6
April 6th, 2011, 09:08
Nice!
You should get all your mods done if/when it is in Seattle and then be done with it.
VIN please...

I notice people giving you their vin and you asking for it, what is this for again?

Thanks.

YANORS6
April 6th, 2011, 09:11
You dont need to remove your ecu. But yes, it is underneath the cover between the firewalls. Again, you don't need to remove. Eurocharged is a flash.

Sorry for the noob question, so if I don't need to remove my ecu for the Eurocharged flash, how do I obtain the flash and what software, etc. will I need?

Thanks

speedtrapped
April 6th, 2011, 11:15
You need to call Jerry at eurocharge, explain that you would prefer to flash from home. I doubt Jerry has dealer in AK, that said you can buy a flash loader from him,that allows you to go from stock to flash and back. If $ tight, Jerry may lend u device, but would want a deposit...the equipment is not cheap.

Ps I am not affiliated with Eurocharge, just a fan:hey:

JSRS6
April 6th, 2011, 11:45
I notice people giving you their vin and you asking for it, what is this for again?

Thanks.

There is a list, that has been growing since the beginning of RS6 time. It was originally compiled to discern a pattern in the Vin code for color combos and options. It is now also cross referenced when someone is looking at a car and has the vin. If it is already on the list, ben let's the prospective owner know about what history he has on it. If not, it's added.

Sorry for the noob question, so if I don't need to remove my ecu for the Eurocharged flash, how do I obtain the flash and what software, etc. will I need?

Thanks

Like Stephen said, call Jerry. Or call one of the other companies. I am not "steerin" ya:hihi:
The diagnostic, or OBD-II, port is located in a recess on the lower dash on the left hand side of the beast close to your knee when sitting. That's where the magic happens, lol.

ben916
April 6th, 2011, 21:44
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2307289798.html

Take another one up there....

YANORS6
April 6th, 2011, 22:55
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2307289798.html

Take another one up there....

Haha you guys are hilarious. Vin# 3N904866. Now you can tell me the flashes have been done already from the previous owner right? Haha.

YANORS6
April 7th, 2011, 05:25
Nice!
VIN please...

Hi,

Do you mind checking out my VIN#3N904866 to see if there is any records?

Thank you,

YANORS6
April 12th, 2011, 04:58
I received the beast today. All I can say is wow!

JSRS6
April 12th, 2011, 05:10
She's a beaut! Enjoy her and treat her right.

YANORS6
April 12th, 2011, 05:33
She's a beaut! Enjoy her and treat her right.

Thank you sir! Ooo and it came with the Sound Enhancing exhaust! Ok first noob question (I'm about to read the manual) is there a way to pull back the sun roof cover when it's just on tilt?

YANORS6
April 12th, 2011, 05:34
Hi,

Do you mind checking out my VIN#3N904866 to see if there is any records?

Thank you,

Everything else looked stock. Would anyone be able to check the database on here to see if there were other mods done from the previous owner?

Thanks!

JSRS6
April 12th, 2011, 05:52
Thank you sir! Ooo and it came with the Sound Enhancing exhaust! Ok first noob question (I'm about to read the manual) is there a way to pull back the sun roof cover when it's just on tilt?

Not sure what you mean. When the sunroof is closed or tilted up, the sun shade should slide back.

Beastly
April 12th, 2011, 05:55
Ebony Pearl + Black interior = Pure hotness

enjoy!

YANORS6
April 12th, 2011, 06:12
Ebony Pearl + Black interior = Pure hotness

enjoy!

My friend who just bought a black GTR said the same thing. He said black equals power. HAHA. The black is sexy I must admit.

ben916
April 12th, 2011, 17:53
Everything else looked stock. Would anyone be able to check the database on here to see if there were other mods done from the previous owner?

Thanks!
Sorry for the delay on checking the VIN ... it is new to the list :)

Looking at photo #4, you have the warm weather package.
Your sunroof is a solar cell which powers/runs the interior fans to keep the interior somewhat cool with "fresh" air via the cabin air filter...
You have the option to tilt, close or open the sunroof....

amanda
April 12th, 2011, 18:40
I have the REVO stage 1 also.

currently looking for a better tune... posibily Eurocharged or a custom tune by FMU.

I would not use Revo under any circumstances but thats my choice ;)................................go Viper you will not be disappointed ;)

YANORS6
April 12th, 2011, 19:44
Sorry for the delay on checking the VIN ... it is new to the list :)

Looking at photo #4, you have the warm weather package.
Your sunroof is a solar cell which powers/runs the interior fans to keep the interior somewhat cool with "fresh" air via the cabin air filter...
You have the option to tilt, close or open the sunroof....

Thank you. To be honest I wish I didn't have the solar sunroof. You can't pull the sun roof cover back and enjoy the sun while the sunroof is closed! Or can you? Anyone know if this can be done?

PALETTE
April 12th, 2011, 21:23
Thank you. To be honest I wish I didn't have the solar sunroof. You can't pull the sun roof cover back and enjoy the sun while the sunroof is closed! Or can you? Anyone know if this can be done?

hmmm Never looked at mine for that. I know i can pull the cover back .

as350
April 12th, 2011, 23:56
She's a beauty! But then I'm also predisposed towards liking a black/black RS6....

YANORS6
April 13th, 2011, 08:37
Can someone confirm that if you have the solar sunroof, it is impossible to pull back the sunroof cover to enjoy the sun without opening the sunroof?

Thanks!