PDA

View Full Version : It might be fire sale time...my RS6 is available, $20K 89,650 miles excellent

mmaturo
March 29th, 2011, 20:08
shape as exterior has had front bumper and rear bumper resprayed (clear bra now on front) and every last scratch taken out, so paint here and there but perfect blend/match...have photos of all. Work done at top Chicagoland shop (Ultimate Paint Shop). No real accidents only parking lot bumps. All service done (timing belt, DRC, recent transmission). Engine is very strong, never modded...dyno'd years ago at 395 at the wheels. Its fast. Everything is working and looks good.
Daytona/Silver interior w/ wood inserts. Cold weather package.

I may just trade the car in but i do have a full RNSE set up i will sell separate of the car for $1300 complete (all wiring, GPS antennae etc., has nav disk but needs an updated one as it is getting long in the tooth and hard for the unit to read, never mind 5 years of new roads).

Also have my OEM 19" 5 spoke titanium finish wheels with still good (half) Michelin PS2 rubber on them to sell. One is perfect, 3 have very minor rash at the edge that I will photograph. I would rather not ship them. A few here wanted them.

I may buy a new S5 cabriolet this week hence the sudden urgency.

JSRS6
March 29th, 2011, 20:19
It's ok Mark, you can still bring out the cabbie to the HPT meet:hihi:

mmaturo
March 29th, 2011, 21:05
What sucks is I really want to drive the RS at the Daytona track in December for the Audi DE event. TT will not be the same as the beast. Torn on whether to just keep the car but really want some new toys too (that do not cost as much to maintain).

JSRS6
March 29th, 2011, 22:37
Just dont drive the beast as much...or make it a dedicated track car...lol, that'll cut down costs!

mmaturo
March 30th, 2011, 23:27
Ok, I have a deal already for the wheels/RNSE. Car hopefully will hit the trade in number I want. Replacing it till RS5 comes out with this VVV if the deal works out on the trade. Looking promising. RS is in the body shop getting a small wound taken out then will know for sure when i take it to dealer this weekend.

fluidmotorunion
March 31st, 2011, 00:09
Where were you six months ago when I needed a new car? :(

mmaturo
March 31st, 2011, 00:51
Where were you six months ago when I needed a new car? :(

lol...here always saying its for sale for less than anyone else's. Actually commenting on how soon my last tranny might blow up or not. I don't think anyone here would take my car seriously after a search here so easier the trade in route if it works out. Car is nearly 100% now so its time to put it back in the system. Love it but no warranty at the moment keeps me from enjoying it the way i used too which was as a daily driver. Now split with my TT and the TT is winning with gas prices and doing anything that would make me need to do maintenance on the RS. Who knows...this could fall apart. Then time to buy some rotors and suck it up for longer.

stubro
March 31st, 2011, 14:28
Mark I know over the years you have looked to move you RS but you always came back :) Good luck. I agree the RS5 looks like a contender for replacement but since I am still under extended and only at 45K I am going to hold out a few years for the new RS6, if they bring it. You car would be a steal for anyone wanting to get into a solid car.

mmaturo
March 31st, 2011, 18:18
Mark I know over the years you have looked to move you RS but you always came back :) Good luck. I agree the RS5 looks like a contender for replacement but since I am still under extended and only at 45K I am going to hold out a few years for the new RS6, if they bring it. You car would be a steal for anyone wanting to get into a solid car.

If i had a warranty still I would keep it....especially with only 45K miles...there is still nothing like it out there...maybe 750/ B7 Alpina with the AWD but its still heavy and not as pure a beast as the RS. Just too risky without warranty on my car...too gun shy after so many tranny/TCs in my particular car. Its been a great 5 years but time to go as costs are there and I barely drive it anymore. RS5 will work and next RS6 will replace that. I wish they had sent the C6 RS6 as i would no question have bought that. The Stasis tuning on the cabriolet says 410hp and 4.3 0-60...I might be ok.

JSRS6
March 31st, 2011, 19:21
If i had a warranty still I would keep it....especially with only 45K miles...there is still nothing like it out there...maybe 750/ B7 Alpina with the AWD but its still heavy and not as pure a beast as the RS. Just too risky without warranty on my car...too gun shy after so many tranny/TCs in my particular car. Its been a great 5 years but time to go as costs are there and I barely drive it anymore. RS5 will work and next RS6 will replace that. I wish they had sent the C6 RS6 as i would no question have bought that. The Stasis tuning on the cabriolet says 410hp and 4.3 0-60...I might be ok.

Just take it over to Jerry...:race: