PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins.....Special Sauce

speedtrapped
March 23rd, 2011, 18:43
Ok...this thread should be heavy with pics, the 1st i am sharing dont show much, other then Aldwin, the head RS/Audi mechanic, the strapped swap engine, and final stage before the engine drops....I am told todayXXXXXX-fingers

Stephencl
March 23rd, 2011, 19:21
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! Man this is getting exciting. Can't wait for the photos to start rolling in.

Stephen

JSRS6
March 23rd, 2011, 19:30
I can't wait to get her on the dyno, and drive her! E-town, here we come!

speedtrapped
March 23rd, 2011, 19:42
Hell yes Josh/Stephen...anyone going to the ACNA Pocono event, May 6th? I will have the Special Sauce out for a day at the track:race:

JSRS6
March 23rd, 2011, 20:06
Wouldn't that be a dream come true! :race:

Ruergard
March 23rd, 2011, 20:28
More pics! And videos.. and Dyno... and Everything! :D

DHall1
March 23rd, 2011, 22:58
Hi-test

keeper

speedtrapped
March 24th, 2011, 00:17
Was ist das Dave?

speedtrapped
March 24th, 2011, 15:20
more pics....and the carcass, junkyard tonight...my beast on lift now, engine removed by end of day...

4everRS
March 24th, 2011, 16:20
make sure the oil and tranny pan don't get even a slight dent in them. Maybe their safe but I can't tell from the pics.

2TURBOV8
March 24th, 2011, 16:28
Can't wait to see the dyno numbers!! What kind of dyno is it going on?

micdee
March 24th, 2011, 16:28
make sure the oil and tranny pan don't get even a slight dent in them. Maybe their safe but I can't tell from the pics.

Ahhhh that explains the dent and scratches in the paint in my old oilpan....

speedtrapped
March 24th, 2011, 16:38
oil pan is being swapped off my pristine 73k mile cali car.....the DBR engine's oil pan got pinged and dented from accident, no puncture, but my current pan is niceeee....

Dyno-dyno jet 4 now, the mustang dyno guy I used before was killing tranny.....manny mode 3 gr pull, redline, then bam shifter back into D, before using brakes on dyno drums, I was cringing after 3 rd time and told him to stop

JSRS6
March 24th, 2011, 16:44
Can't wait to see those numbers either! So does this mean what I think it means? :hihi:

DHall1
March 24th, 2011, 16:45
Stephen,

Do you have your special driving suit ordered yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh5TLwd0TqY&NR=1

All kidding aside....I cant wait till you get it on the street. This is the only thread worthy of any attention this month. ;-)

The making of Special Sauce....we need a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJq2NqzhHyE

speedtrapped
March 24th, 2011, 16:46
well yes, buttttt it was snowing today, so i took bus into city, not driving CL rwd slippy in snow into NYC, so I will p/u tomorrow after work....ahhh I miss my Audi.

speedtrapped
March 24th, 2011, 16:48
lol Dave.....btw, Jeremy hooking me up with some spice for the CL65!, ordered flash loader to go with, so I can swap back to stock if need warranty fix.....Eurocharge Mercedes monstrosity!!!!

JSRS6
March 24th, 2011, 16:58
So......is there a plan for bringing both beasts to the June test and tune?

DHall1
March 24th, 2011, 17:00
Yeah, the AMG. Well finally our E55 is getting everything replaced including the entire gas tank, fuel pumps, regulator, level sensors, everything inside the gas tank and all the dashpot valves or whatever MB calls them. And the ABS actuator/accumulator is getting replaced as well. I think the bill is about 7 grand to the warranty company.

What did it take? I pulled into the service drive with the tank full. It took 3 minutes to fill the entire service drive with gas fumes. I simply said "Now, do you think we have a problem here?" Monkeys were all jumping at that point. I wanted them to replace the gas tank last year and they didnt do it at the time. I also told them there was something wrong with the brakes and SBC but they "could not" find anything. Well this time the friggin brake light came on and the pressure was just 3 bar off spec. They never listen.

Oh yeah, I also have Jerry tune on the AMG. ;-)

http://idology.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/most_interesting_man.jpg

lol Dave.....btw, Jeremy hooking me up with some spice for the CL65!, ordered flash loader to go with, so I can swap back to stock if need warranty fix.....Eurocharge Mercedes monstrosity!!!!

speedtrapped
March 24th, 2011, 17:03
always thirsty.......

Josh, not a chance that I lend either car to a couple of friends that I know by me. They are lead footed, and last thing I would want to be is responsable for thier's or other motorists well being. Short trips always, 360 miles each way, too tempting for my guys.
Special Sauce only....

JSRS6
March 24th, 2011, 17:43
always thirsty.......

Josh, not a chance that I lend either car to a couple of friends that I know by me. They are lead footed, and last thing I would want to be is responsable for thier's or other motorists well being. Short trips always, 360 miles each way, too tempting for my guys.
Special Sauce only....

Guess I'll just have to wait till E-town....:race:

DHall1
March 24th, 2011, 19:02
Guess what? Its official. I get the hand-me-down E55 to drive everyday. Wife wants a new car.

Pulley, headers, retune with Jerry=600hp and low 11s for a daily driver.

ben916
March 24th, 2011, 19:16
Stephen,

Since the motor/TRANS is out, are you gonna do any of the regular maint stuff like:
flush/fill the TRANSmission,
oil/filter change,
N75 valve - check
O2 sensors, if they aren't already deleted
Downpipe gutted or cat delete and some ceramic coating (yeah I see the DP's are wrapped...)
etc
etc
etc

Guess what? Its official. I get the hand-me-down E55 to drive everyday. Wife wants a new car.

Think you can get that thing sideways on your 1 mile long on-ramp?

speedtrapped
March 24th, 2011, 19:30
Ben, all seals, swap my new o2 sensors, egt's, n75, swap to my HB DV's, new rebuilt alternator, oil/filter, tranny no, the level 10 has only 4600 miles on it, all vac hoses replaced with silicone, swap my newer coils/plugs, etc, etc....also have VC and manifold removed and painted, now that the CF airbox will be removed permenantly

speedtrapped
March 24th, 2011, 19:32
no on the ceramic coat DP's, keeping them wrapped...the DP's are dahlback, so gutted into a 100cell secondary 3"

JSRS6
March 24th, 2011, 19:34
And the dp's are dahlback 3".

JSRS6
March 24th, 2011, 19:34
Damn, I am slow today!

JSRS6
March 24th, 2011, 19:36

Hand me down? Poor Dave...

JSRS6
March 24th, 2011, 21:17
A vid from stephen, and a few pics of the wrecked shell being towed away from Dions shop to the junk yard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5QOorR7pqA

ben916
March 24th, 2011, 21:39
And please confirm you have sent me the VIN on the totaled one...

DHall1
March 24th, 2011, 23:11
RIP to the RS6 that donated the driveline for Special Sauce.

Update on the fuel tank in our AMG. All new parts including the gas tank. Leaking from the sensor yet again. That makes 6 frigging level sensors in 2 years. Find me the bridge to make a Dukes jump onto the tow truck with the totaled RS6.

BTW, my thread on the AMG forums is still on the first page. After over 7 months. Just clicked over 10,000 page views. I feel sorry for MB...the bad press from just that thread is killing the name.

And please confirm you have sent me the VIN on the totaled one...

ben916
March 24th, 2011, 23:12
RIP to the RS6 that donated the driveline for Special Sauce.

Update on the fuel tank in our AMG. All new parts including the gas tank. Leaking from the sensor yet again. That makes 6 frigging level sensors in 2 years. Find me the bridge to make a Dukes jump onto the tow truck with the RS6.

Shirley you meant AMG????

DHall1
March 24th, 2011, 23:19
Shirley?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5t5_O8hdA

Shirley you meant AMG????

And whatever you do....dont eat the fish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkGR65CXaNA&NR=1

speedtrapped
March 24th, 2011, 23:40
Great movie, LN will be missed

SteveKen
March 25th, 2011, 03:01
Looks like I'm too late for the carpet. Oh well. Car might be gone in two weeks anyway. Fingers crossed.

speedtrapped
March 25th, 2011, 11:22
XXXX for u...sorry mechanic wanted carcass out of shop, he is jammed with cars

speedtrapped
April 6th, 2011, 18:01
ok...its been a while, as we speak Dion has bolted in the fire breathing dragon, now just hoses, lines, and harness to finish..... I have some pics...

speedtrapped
April 6th, 2011, 18:03
ok, so 1st pic is my current beast, with its heart ripped out....2nd pic is VC , duh, 3rd pic is new alternator, 4th is special sauce basically ready to go, 5th is new stern MM, and lastly the old heart, nice clean California engine.....

SteveKen
April 6th, 2011, 18:36
While you're at it, you should try and work out an SAI delete. I'm sure EC can do the ECU work arounds. You just need to fab up some block off plates.

speedtrapped
April 6th, 2011, 18:43
Steve, I have'nt had my beast for 5 weeks...I am going thru major withdrawals...new heart is buttoned up, also Jerry couldnt mess with DBR chip in the ECU, so until I see Jerry in June, I am keeping the DBR tune to go with stage 3 kit, meaning deleting SAI and not being able to code it until mid June aint gonna happen.....now kind sir, mind explaining what a SAI delete is? please....

JSRS6
April 6th, 2011, 18:47
Secondary Air Injection Pump, not necessary without cats(not really necessary with them either, lol) a couple little plates to seal up the downpipes and no worries. sai can give you MIL lamp even though you dont use it anymore, so might as well get rid of it. A little less strain on the electrical system i suppose as well.

speedtrapped
April 6th, 2011, 18:52
ahhh, gotcha, apparently the SAI pumps are gold in the 4sale mkt, I had several guys ask for the one from the wreck, but it was crushed...i only replaced the alternator, because engine was out, so no real albor cost(additionally that is) and a reman alt was $475.00, cheap insurance...especially for a NE car.

SteveKen
April 6th, 2011, 19:18
Was the alternator damaged? You still have the core?

speedtrapped
April 6th, 2011, 19:34
no the alternator was not damaged, but he used core when he bought reman

JSRS6
April 6th, 2011, 19:36
and it was still that much WITH core?

speedtrapped
April 6th, 2011, 19:44
honestly I trust Dion, so I guess yes....considering what he is charging me to swap 2 engines/trannys, pull pieces off for buyers-not charging me, swapping sensors, lines, VC's, TB service,coil packs, etc, etc....I dont hastle him...he has always been very fair with prices and labor costs

ben916
April 6th, 2011, 21:17
I seem to remember someone paid close to $600 for a re-manufactured one within the last 6 months... And there was a DIY ...

terrytcl
April 6th, 2011, 21:42
speedtrapped...

noticed that you have sterns now and will be using the FMU intake setup.

i have stern MMs and am running the FMU setup.

you can either PM me or PM Andrew, but you'll need to make some modifications of the FMU for the hood to close.

speedtrapped
April 7th, 2011, 00:58
Ah oh, I guess MM make engine sit a little higher?

speedtrapped
April 7th, 2011, 02:43
Stern motor mounts for sale, brand new.....Terry, Andrew from FMU told me u eliminated the holding brackets which I do not want to do, adds heat soak protection...so I am reinstalling stock motor mounts and selling the Sterns, anyone interested? Pics above....

speedtrapped
April 7th, 2011, 03:28
Sterns pending.....

V8weight
April 7th, 2011, 03:41
Sterns pending.....
Sold to me?

JSRS6
April 7th, 2011, 03:48
Sold to me?

yessir :hihi:

speedtrapped
April 7th, 2011, 12:11
yes sir....fingers crossed, car is getting fluids this am, MM swap(damn), and ECU getting coded for car, then maiden voyage....I should have some more pics as well.

MaxRS6
April 7th, 2011, 12:43
^ Good luck with lighting the candle!

http://craziestgadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/banzai-titan-blast-rocket2.jpg

speedtrapped
April 7th, 2011, 13:11
LOL!! Thanks Max.....but that candle is missing a couple of boosters, ;).....

speedtrapped
April 7th, 2011, 14:30
Damn ruined a perfectly god thread.......where's the beast???

speedtrapped
April 7th, 2011, 14:31
thats good thread....oh hell, you all know what I meant

SteveKen
April 7th, 2011, 14:59
As for the motor mount issues. . . Are the Sterns specifically made for the 4.2? I'm thinking that they are for the 2.7T and this is where the problem occurs.

I've been told that the trans mounts on the 4.2 are different from the 2.7T as well.

The manual conversion on my S6 (RS6 soon, too) retains the stock V8 mounts even though the trans will have the 2.7T mounting brackets. Using the 2.7T trans mounts goofs up the geometry.

terrytcl
April 7th, 2011, 15:16
i compared the difference between the stock mount and the sterns. the sterns were manufactured with the hard urethane to the unloaded height of the stock mount.

Even with a brand new stock mount, you'll get a little bit of compression. with the sterns, there is no compression, so... as andrew has mentioned to you already, i had to install the FMU intake kit without the brackets.
still works fine, but yea... probably getting more heat soak. i'll probably end up putting a thermal blanket under the filters to minimize heat soak.

had to also take the cover off of the oil cap. the filters wouldn't sit flat enough for the hood to close without this modification.

i bought a set of Rev F coils with ECS tie down brackets... didn't realize that they would sit 1" higher than the Rev E versions, which will not help me out with the FMU intake and the Stern mounts....

speedtrapped
April 7th, 2011, 17:52
btw Terry TYVM for the heads up, saved my mechanic some headaches....

speedtrapped
April 8th, 2011, 16:00
check this out....so the original owner of the engine(special sauce), had pics and dyno sheet...this is what i have.

DonS
April 8th, 2011, 16:07
Holy bejesus, sweet mother of torque. Hang friggen on!! Get that baby back on the road. We need a driving impression - NOW!

Does the 'drag power' on the dyno sheet indicate drivetrain loss? That's 20% to input into my Dynolicious program.

You are one lucky and crazy SOB.

speedtrapped
April 8th, 2011, 16:27
LOL!!! thanks Don... I am going nuts to drive her...was suppossed to be operational yesterday, and as with swaps, I had many diff add ons, small stuff...catch cans, the now removed Stern MM's, FMU intake, new alternator, new lines, my newish MAF's etc, etc....well as they had it all buttoned up, one little part screwed everything up...$25 part, and they had to drop engine again yesterday...
I bought the Bufkin Engineering Oil cooler part, that sits in the oil filter housing, its basically machined aluminum vs the plastic piece Audi uses that eventually fails....it was sitting on Dion's desk, and he noticed after the fact, and had a oh sh#t moment...its a very small part...anyhoo...that screwed yesterday up big time, backed up ECU recode for my car, which got done last night. Engine is 95%, and he will be testing after lunch, and all day. I am suppossed to p/u up tonight, but I might wait a couple of days and let him drive it....:rs6kiss:

speedtrapped
April 8th, 2011, 16:52
Don...this link explains Maha dyno's, from what i understand extremely accurate.....

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3965266

DHall1
April 8th, 2011, 17:25
x2

Hot dog the boss is in the house.

Holy bejesus, sweet mother of torque. Hang friggen on!! Get that baby back on the road. We need a driving impression - NOW!

Does the 'drag power' on the dyno sheet indicate drivetrain loss? That's 20% to input into my Dynolicious program.

You are one lucky and crazy SOB.

ben916
April 8th, 2011, 18:48
check this out....so the original owner of the engine(special sauce), had pics and dyno sheet...this is what i have.

You better make sure that Driver's and passenger's seats are bolted down well!!!!!
788TQ!!!! 645HP!!!!

F/S!!! 2003 Audi RS6 Avus nearly stock with 47k on the clock.... needs a good home.... can't compete with Special Sauce...

speedtrapped
April 8th, 2011, 18:51
you would nt dare Ben.....Btw, the duck's driver seat does wobble....

Elevens
April 8th, 2011, 19:03
Warp 3 mister Sulu. Fantastic Numbers Speedtrapped. Torque Rules......................................

ben916
April 8th, 2011, 19:09
you would nt dare Ben.....Btw, the duck's driver seat does wobble....

you called my bluff....
I wouldn't........ unless the wife hits the lotto and then I would get something that starts with a "B" and rhymes with "Gotti"

I have to figure out the wobbly seat issue also...
But first are the outta-control arms...

speedtrapped
April 8th, 2011, 19:13
I ended up replacing sways, control arms, tie rods vis a vis a Pat kit....

speedtrapped
April 8th, 2011, 19:17
Warp 3 mister Sulu. Fantastic Numbers Speedtrapped. Torque Rules......................................

"oohhhh myyyyyyyyy" Ty Elevens
Stephen

JSRS6
April 8th, 2011, 19:48
you called my bluff....
I wouldn't........ unless the wife hits the lotto and then I would get something that starts with a "B" and rhymes with "Gotti"

Dont lie, you'd keep it as well and get some special sauce, lol!

ben916
April 8th, 2011, 21:11
Dont lie, you'd keep it as well and get some special sauce, lol!

Oh, the RS6 would still be the daily driver as the EB would not come out to play as a daily.... the crowd would go too wild...

MaxRS6
April 8th, 2011, 23:17
What else can be said???? I expect the Earth's rotation to be effected...

PALETTE
April 8th, 2011, 23:28
Holy crapola if that thing is correct it's a rocket. Keep us posted on this!

speedtrapped
April 9th, 2011, 04:01
Palette we haven't met, but I luv the sig, sums up my obsession completely.....

ben916
April 9th, 2011, 05:33
We should have a pool to bet on the fastest Special Sauce 0-60MPH:

I am gonna say 3.1 seconds...

speedtrapped
April 9th, 2011, 13:02
whoa.....Ben, I still have to practice the art of duck/rat etc for launching.....the beast is being test drove this weekend

PALETTE
April 9th, 2011, 14:37
Palette we haven't met, but I luv the sig, sums up my obsession completely.....

Oh its a great feeling for a Few days is it not LOL

We should have a pool to bet on the fastest Special Sauce 0-60MPH:

I am gonna say 3.1 seconds...

I agree with you on that one!

PALETTE
April 9th, 2011, 14:38
whoa.....Ben, I still have to practice the art of duck/rat etc for launching.....the beast is being test drove this weekend

So a little video with sound ! running and launching would get me all excited!!!
Man i miss not having the car right now!!! I think i need to take the Porsche out for some fun!! the weather here is PERFECT today!

speedtrapped
April 9th, 2011, 14:45
Test driving is with my mechanic....I wanted him to have it for a couple of days, just to make sure no issues....

DHall1
April 9th, 2011, 15:32
Have a Vag hooked up to that bad boy for a month. Just make a stand in the pass seat for the Vag. ;-)

JCviggen
April 9th, 2011, 21:38

MAHA has double rollers. 2 contact patches on each tire, hence very high drivetrain loss compared to single roller dynoes (or a road) its basically mostly tire rolling resistance.
While the "drivetrain" like gearbox and diffs certainly have some loss, it is a very small amount compared to the inertia to get the wheels spinning and the abovementioned tire losses (hence why they get HOT)

Also, the losses are not a consistent percentage of power. It depends at what rpm and mostly at what speed during the dyno run the power was made. You will see losses increase on the graph even while peak power has passed, because losses increase with tire speed and have little to do with the power you make. So in other words the more power the lower the percentage would be. Put a stock RS6 on there with the same tires and wheels and you could end up with "30 percent loss"

Anyway thats just me trying to say don't take dynoes too seriously and don't try to use them for any mathematical models if you want them to make any sense :)

kevin
April 10th, 2011, 00:33
^^^ well said, they are a great tuning tool as long as you're consistantly using the identical dyno and car to dial it in.

speedtrapped
April 10th, 2011, 01:18
Mehh....I did not dyno this engine yet, this is the dyno to the engine I swapped that previous owner dyno'ed. Also from what I have heard from a couple tuners and mechanics, the maha dyno is more conservative then a mustang dyno. In one respect I agree with not relying completely on dyno results, I can say this post VA dyno day, when I stage 2 flashed, the car was balls out fast, and I know Josh can attest he drove her that night. What I do know is the DBR stage 3 will make the last driving experience seem slow.....

JSRS6
April 10th, 2011, 02:33
No kidding! Cant wait till the dyno day and E-town.

speedtrapped
April 12th, 2011, 03:01
The thrill of victory....and the agony of defeat! The beast is buttoned up, starts, no codes, yet and yet she still is at shop, drip,drip,drip...coolant leak where I had dion install the buskin machined aluminum bypass into the oil filter housing to replace the stock plastic. Yup it leaks, I called buskin and James wasn't around. They said it's first time they ever heard that happening. So engine has to be dropped! Oh joy, so I am leaving for Florida Friday and won't have my beast till I return, this sucks....

JSRS6
April 12th, 2011, 03:05
Boooooo!

ben916
April 12th, 2011, 03:08
If that is all it is, you are headed for 650hp and 750TQ!!! shortly...

Patience, grasshopper...

PALETTE
April 12th, 2011, 03:43
Oh man I feel your pain! not to worry when you get back you have something to look forward to!

MaxRS6
April 12th, 2011, 03:47
Daaaaannng- that is a double whammy with that crazy part! The crazy thing is I regret not having done that during my oil cooler repair. Jeez- I can just hear the Audi tech wailing if that thing leaked after I asked them to install it. I feel your pain and give a shout out for a speedy recovery. At least at the end of the tunnel- a rocket awaits...

http://www.boiledbeans.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/934b12144df0fdb05b7bf8d977a6d73f.jpg

SteveKen
April 12th, 2011, 04:21
Keep me posted on this.

I've got three of the Bufkin pipes for my 2 RS6 engines and my S6's 4.2.

The research I've done says that they're the same. I even mic'd and calipered my stock one for James before I ordered them.

They should be the same. Maybe the issue is with the install, etc.?

Hopefully it get resolved. Good luck.

speedtrapped
April 12th, 2011, 13:28
i thought that as well Steve, but Dion was adamant that he put new seals on the whole area, all o-rings were intact, but it leaks, he sent me a video, its leaking..

speedtrapped
April 12th, 2011, 13:29
Ty Max, palette...a long process, and I have never been a patient man....

Ruergard
April 12th, 2011, 14:08
Who can be patient when that much power is in the near future? :D

Keep us posted, so lookin forward to numbers and driving impressions!

Stephencl
April 12th, 2011, 14:32
Cross threaded?????

SteveKen
April 12th, 2011, 15:03
Was this replaced for preventive maintenance or was the old one leaking. If to original one was cracked, there might be remnaants of the old pipe still inside the ID?

Or maybe the IDs of one of the surfaces is scored, rendering a bad o-ring seal?

They're just a press fit, so no threads to cross.

speedtrapped
April 12th, 2011, 15:04
no stephen, the piece pops in....sooooo when it rains it pours, now full disclosure, when I received the FMU box, i did open it, and took one side and mocked it together...so just my luck, Dion had done some testing on engine last2 days, and finally decided to fit the intake on motor today, and guess what....see if ya can figure out whats wrong...btw Andrew rectified quickly..

JSRS6
April 12th, 2011, 15:24
two driver side holders...

speedtrapped
April 12th, 2011, 15:27
ding,ding we have a winner!!!!

PALETTE
April 12th, 2011, 16:17
i guess someone has 2 passangers sides? Never mind the intake.. Did you get the drip drip fixed? Heck if it was back in my Camaro days i would have had the Silicone out or the Jb Weld LOL

speedtrapped
April 12th, 2011, 17:00
rtv would fix that no problem...best gasket/seal maker....no drip requires a little work for them to remove coolant pipe and piece, his shop is again jammed, and since i'm leaving friday for 8 days, i'm not a priority....I told him pls take your time, and please drive the crap out of it, I am picking up Monday 24th.

ben916
April 12th, 2011, 17:23
rtv would fix that no problem...best gasket/seal maker....no drip requires a little work for them to remove coolant pipe and piece, his shop is again jammed, and since i'm leaving friday for 8 days, i'm not a priority....I told him pls take your time, and please drive the crap out of it, I am picking up Monday 24th.

As I have a reputation with Randy that requires proof every so often, I think there needs to be PROOF on the first drive by Stephen - Not callin' you out, it would awesome to see your initial impression and then watch everyone else's wallets fly open... :)

PALETTE
April 12th, 2011, 17:31

aaaa yea Florida, i forgot! i cant wait to get there to. Vacation mode is almosr settling in!

I am sure a few Memeber would be happy to Take your car out and Beat on it abit while your gone! HAHAHA!!

ttboost
April 12th, 2011, 17:49
The thrill of victory....and the agony of defeat! The beast is buttoned up, starts, no codes, yet and yet she still is at shop, drip,drip,drip...coolant leak where I had dion install the buskin machined aluminum bypass into the oil filter housing to replace the stock plastic. Yup it leaks, I called buskin and James wasn't around. They said it's first time they ever heard that happening. So engine has to be dropped! Oh joy, so I am leaving for Florida Friday and won't have my beast till I return, this sucks....

I feel your pain and agony too...only worse because I am doing the work!!! My engine and tranny is back in for the second time, and got it running last night. Tranny fluid, PS fluid tonight and it should be ready for road trip. I had a "drip drip" too, but was caused by my 1st install....stupid mistake, that I know NO ONE will guess....congrats Stephen, you have the patience of a saint. I almost sold my car 10 times in the last 3 weeks...in pieces...with engine out...:lovl:

speedtrapped
April 12th, 2011, 17:50
no doubt......but its best to leave it Dion's hands......that said, Ben I totally agree, this has been a 2 month project, from finding the wreck to completion. Frustrated, a little, but I also have to remember that I did p/u a sick engine set up for roughly $1k out of pocket, +the FMU $1k.......but its meaningless until I drive and actually scare the crap out of myself, as stated she was fast before, I want to be scared.

speedtrapped
April 12th, 2011, 17:51
Ty Mike and honestly, my patience doesnt hold a candle to the fact your doing it yourself.
Stephen

ttboost
April 12th, 2011, 17:55
Ty Mike and honestly, my patience doesnt hold a candle to the fact your doing it yourself.
Stephen

Not sure about that, but I will say we are getting good at it!!! From motor/tranny sitting out of the car, on a box, to in the car running...less than 5 hours...

ttboost
April 12th, 2011, 17:56
I want to be scared.

Buy mine or Coreys turbo...

speedtrapped
April 12th, 2011, 18:20
ha, as I'm sure your TT's are fast, I will have plenty to handle with the new set up on the RS6....

ttboost
April 12th, 2011, 18:43
ha, as I'm sure your TT's are fast, I will have plenty to handle with the new set up on the RS6....

Too heavy to be scary. From 60-130, my RS6 went 14.3 stock. Haven't tried flashed yet. My 996 Turbo went 11's or 12's stock as I recall. It now runs 5.99 and will be quicker soon. Corey's turbo has 100 more whp than mine.

speedtrapped
April 12th, 2011, 18:46
we shall see, if 640/780 isnt enough for me...then i guess i do have a problem

ttboost
April 12th, 2011, 18:54

It won't be...and you will... Rule of thumb: Don't ever ride in a vehicle you suspect is faster than yours. If you do, you will be upgrading yet again. Problem is, a 640/750 car that weighs 4500lbs isn't as fast as a 500/500 car that weighs 3200lbs...can't wait to hear your impressions and meet you at E Town soon.

PALETTE
April 12th, 2011, 18:54

You do have one! LOL

Mikie, hope you got it all buttoned up buddy. Keep me posted on the test drive. Mine is now ripped apart and the guys are laughing at the shop cause i said next month i want to do PORTED heads with Cams! HAHAHAh i think they had a heart attack cause they tought i was Serious!

ttboost
April 12th, 2011, 18:57
You do have one! LOL

Mikie, hope you got it all buttoned up buddy. Keep me posted on the test drive. Mine is now ripped apart and the guys are laughing at the shop cause i said next month i want to do PORTED heads with Cams! HAHAHAh i think they had a heart attack cause they tought i was Serious!

Actually started it last night......again. Need to top of fluids tonight...wait......you're NOT serious about cams and head work?

PALETTE
April 12th, 2011, 19:04
Actually started it last night......again. Need to top of fluids tonight...wait......you're NOT serious about cams and head work?

Oh good! I feel bad its been already 4 weeks for you! What heads and cams?? I have nooooo idea what your talking about.. This is my Daily driver

ttboost
April 12th, 2011, 19:06
Oh good! I feel bad its been already 4 weeks for you! What heads and cams?? I have nooooo idea what your talking about.. This is my Daily driver

Yeah right...tell it to your wife...:)

sorry for the thread rape Stephen...

PALETTE
April 12th, 2011, 20:00
Steve i forgot to ask. Any other work do to this like Bigger Fuel pump? piggy back pump, Injectors or Regulator?

speedtrapped
April 12th, 2011, 20:05
Yes, Yes, and Yes...the fuel pump is a bosch(DBR slaps a sticker on it), rated for 750HP(ours is 550), the FPR is 5bar, and the injectors are also bigger, but let me ask dion, they came in original DBR kit.

Stephencl
April 12th, 2011, 20:16
I have an x50 package tt as well. 2003. Awesome ride. Unmodified it feels about the same my rs6 from both 0-60 as well as 40-70. There is something special about the way the rs6 gets it done. It is stable, smooth, and forcefull. It is like it is a 4.2 v8 and it is going to show you. The tt feels flighty by comparison, and I bet at 650hp, feels very highly strung for a 3.6 v6. Neither is better, just different. Love them both.

Actually the most fun to drive car I have is the Audi tt alms car, the boost comes on like a freight train and in that little package, it is super fun to drive at the limit.

RS6...
April 20th, 2011, 12:19

Sppedtrapped - What are the details on the turbochargers?

JSRS6
April 25th, 2011, 17:26
Stephen is picking up later today, heres a preview...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7zA5cafSRkE?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7zA5cafSRkE?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

V8weight
April 25th, 2011, 18:49
Who put Michael J. Fox in charge of video?

speedtrapped
April 25th, 2011, 18:58
the service manager...I know bad video...I am driving her home tonight! I will get a better video posted as well as some finished photos of bay and her new shoes

PALETTE
April 25th, 2011, 20:30
the service manager...I know bad video...I am driving her home tonight! I will get a better video posted as well as some finished photos of bay and her new shoes

Thats great!! happy that you got it back fast!!

speedtrapped
April 25th, 2011, 20:36
Corey Ty....service manager/owner Dion is going to kill me...he has had my car for 47 days...I have been bugging him for the car the last 3 weeks...we ran into some issues, minor leaks, etc....but he says its running great, no codes, no leaks, and pulls like a rocketship

speedtrapped
April 25th, 2011, 21:56
Ughhh, huge traffic jam due to overturned tractor trailer, picking up tomorrow....wouldn't be able to get to their shop till 7pm, damn.

PALETTE
April 25th, 2011, 22:00
Ughhh, huge traffic jam due to overturned tractor trailer, picking up tomorrow....wouldn't be able to get to their shop till 7pm, damn.

Dont you have a Spare key? Have them leave it for you outside and pick it up late! It would make it more ideal picking it up late just my 2 cents.. Makes for a great excuse to open it up, less cars on the road

Brav
April 25th, 2011, 22:46
sounds like loud PS pump?

JSRS6
April 25th, 2011, 23:11
i was thinking the same thing Chris...sounds just like mine!

speedtrapped
April 26th, 2011, 02:13
Ask about that, ps res was not filled to top, it's my ps pump, and I had no issues, he made video ad hoc cause I was bugging him.

speedtrapped
April 26th, 2011, 03:00
Dont you have a Spare key? Have them leave it for you outside and pick it up late! It would make it more ideal picking it up late just my 2 cents.. Makes for a great excuse to open it up, less cars on the road
Corey, I would of, but his shop is hour away, it took me 2+ hours to get home, about 8pm, and I had no way up there from my house wo leaving my mb there. Always tomorrow

PALETTE
April 26th, 2011, 03:21
Corey, I would of, but his shop is hour away, it took me 2+ hours to get home, about 8pm, and I had no way up there from my house wo leaving my mb there. Always tomorrow

Don't you hate that it's like a fat kid going to the candy store and they are closed! Not that I would know anything about that LOL

MaxRS6
April 27th, 2011, 01:43
^- LOL

Looking forward to the updates as you experience the roar- Great to hear it is ready to roll!

speedtrapped
April 27th, 2011, 01:43
:jlol::jlol::jlol::revs::addict::fastm:

They say it all! She is home and whoa! I never expected the pull, I am ready for a tractor pull competition. I love the beast!
I promise pics, and if I can twist josh's arm he can download the mechanic pulling out today, not too aggressive, but you all will get the picture.
MB feels slovenly compared to the beast!

JSRS6
April 27th, 2011, 01:50
Ill do ya one better...wait one.

JSRS6
April 27th, 2011, 01:58
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5ldjNS9cEGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zqPwbqPzSR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fEu4h5KBEz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JSRS6
April 27th, 2011, 02:00

MaxRS6
April 27th, 2011, 02:05
Wooo Hooooo! That is one bad a$$ looking and running machine!!

speedtrapped
April 27th, 2011, 02:25
Ty Josh !!

JSRS6
April 27th, 2011, 02:28
Np, here to help.

na1mt
April 27th, 2011, 04:02
I need a ride!!!!!!! Now if I can only get the X back we can go terrorize all the local cars and coffee meets....lol We can hustle some suckers for some extra mod money.....lol

nistah
April 27th, 2011, 04:16
Looks amazing, enjoy it!!! What is the zero to sixty, 1/4 mile and top speed on this monster? Oh & LMK if you are now thinking about moving your CL 65;)

PALETTE
April 27th, 2011, 04:31
Very nice! Glad she is safe and sound! I bet you won't be late to work ever again LOL

speedtrapped
April 27th, 2011, 11:09
Looks amazing, enjoy it!!! What is the zero to sixty, 1/4 mile and top speed on this monster? Oh & LMK if you are now thinking about moving your CL 65;)

Lol!,, Dion asked same question....at least 12 months

fluidmotorunion
April 27th, 2011, 15:51
Stephen,

Good to see the Beast is back in operation! Enjoy it! I don't have sound on my work computer (speakers decided to crap out), but I'll listen to the vids as soon as I get home.

If you get some good shots, I'd definitely throw it up on the Fluid blog as a seriously insane customer ride.

speedtrapped
April 27th, 2011, 16:23
Andrew Ty, I will take some better pics.....got home last night and promptly washed her, need to do a couple of coats of sealent...I have to figure out how to record better sound in car, the spool, on these dahlback turbos are awesome

skribe
April 27th, 2011, 17:38
http://i31.tinypic.com/spwsaf.gif

speedtrapped
April 27th, 2011, 17:44
LOLOLOL....I just spit my water all over my desk!

MaxRS6
April 27th, 2011, 17:46
Kermit's desk looks worse...

speedtrapped
April 27th, 2011, 18:36
ewww...Randy u had to go there.

speedtrapped
April 29th, 2011, 16:22
"Thats Franken steeeen", aka jerry going to get his magic fingers on my sauce, me thinks I need just a pinch more salt....Going to datalog 1st, and share some Dahlback for you all....

PALETTE
April 29th, 2011, 21:58
lets see some Vbox runs!!

speedtrapped
April 30th, 2011, 02:44
Tomorrow corey....hey, launch....heavy brake and gas -1500 rpm release brake gas heavy?

PALETTE
April 30th, 2011, 02:59
Tomorrow corey....hey, launch....heavy brake and gas -1500 rpm release brake gas heavy?

Hold the brake to the floor and gas to the floor. Car won't creap. As soon as you feel the car starting to raise on all 4s usally about 3 seconds release the brake Will pm you a few tricks

PALETTE
May 7th, 2011, 04:35
Aaaaaa hello. What's the update!

speedtrapped
May 7th, 2011, 22:25
Well, now I have a new PROBLEM! I live in NJ, too many people on roads, trying to data log, 2nd gear 66mph, 3rd...95+, every time I approached smashing pedal in 3rd forget it, cars out of no where , or was it I was coming onto them in a heart beat....good problem to have!

ttboost
May 7th, 2011, 22:34
Well, now I have a new PROBLEM! I live in NJ, too many people on roads, trying to data log, 2nd gear 66mph, 3rd...95+, every time I approached smashing pedal in 3rd forget it, cars out of no where , or was it I was coming onto them in a heart beat....good problem to have!

I feel your pain....same problem with me and the turbo with my Pbox...oh and traction issues too...

speedtrapped
May 7th, 2011, 23:27
engine porn...btw what do you all think of the new shoes? u can flame if u like......

JSRS6
May 7th, 2011, 23:32
http://files.sharenator.com/drooling_homer_RE_Bacon_Bacon_Candy_Bacon-s314x360-69434.gif

speedtrapped
May 7th, 2011, 23:59
lololol....believe it or not, I was screwing around and vag the car, MAF fault codes, 1 was no signal, 1 was intermittant....they are new, 300 miles on them, I did have to completely remove the intake yesterday, to see why the driverside can wouldnt see flat, very hard to install the intake, sorry Andrew- I love it, but man o man.....anyway, I sprayed some wd-40 on the boots to get the cans into them...i did wipe down residue, but I am concerned I may have fouled them, or when I was returning the airbox/maf's, maybe i didnt set them correctly, u have to pull on the box to get the cans in....car runs soooo strong, silly fast...I will check out the maf's tomorrow(actuallly mondaynight). I am going to spray the maf's off with maf cleaner as well.

ttboost
May 8th, 2011, 00:36
Very interested to see some performance numbers on that thing....Get to E-town already...

speedtrapped
May 8th, 2011, 00:52
Mike, it's been this, that, etc... The oil leak screwed me up last week, she is tight now, this weekend a wash, especially with mday tomorrow...I had my 2 oldest daughters all day, in the rs but tame, ofcourse. Funny I am getting a little screwy in the head, ya think?....the MB with eurocharged flash is insane, and getting into the rs6 is totally different. It's like a rabbit to a bull, the rs rabbit is so light and lightening quick, and the mb is like a charging bull. I had a mechanic friend of mine take the car out today, he was grinning. He is really good at brake boosting, and he literally kept running out of road, early on in the power band. He was so impressed he started a special sauce Facebook page, not kid din. I will one of these mornings, get a vbox 0-60 run, Corey gave me some pointers on launch. So as long as I have the flash card in it will save?

speedtrapped
May 8th, 2011, 00:56
Btw, I was pulled over on nj turnpike Friday, so much for thinking jersey doesn't use laser. I passed, right accelerated to 90, and beeeeeep laser warning went off. Trooper was awesome, great driving history, totally polite to him, gave me a$30 seatbelt ticket, nice car- slow down. No joke. Btw, I had seatbelt on, but my gut getting big, had to unbuckle to get registration. The trooper was awesome, 5 points and $500 bucks if he wanted.

ttboost
May 8th, 2011, 01:28
Mike, it's been this, that, etc...
So as long as I have the flash card in it will save?/QUOTE]

All I hear is Blah Blah Blah...

and yes...don't forget tp push the card in...or it didn't happen.

[QUOTE=speedtrapped;213164]Btw, I was pulled over on nj turnpike Friday, so much for thinking jersey doesn't use laser. I passed, right accelerated to 90, and beeeeeep laser warning went off. Trooper was awesome, great driving history, totally polite to him, gave me a$30 seatbelt ticket, nice car- slow down. No joke. Btw, I had seatbelt on, but my gut getting big, had to unbuckle to get registration. The trooper was awesome, 5 points and $500 bucks if he wanted.
Lucky!!! Might go out tonight with the turbo...hope I'm that lucky...

4ringking
May 9th, 2011, 02:14
Steve, thanks for throwing me the keys on Saturday. It was a great way to start my Saturday and Special Sauce is no joke. I can not believe how driver friendly she is with all that power. That car is begging for a day on the track!!! Here are those before Special Sauce pictures:

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/boomdoger5/JA%20Autowerks/CIMG3831-1.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/boomdoger5/JA%20Autowerks/CIMG3842.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/boomdoger5/JA%20Autowerks/CIMG3839-1.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/boomdoger5/JA%20Autowerks/CIMG3850.jpg

I will shoot you the original jpegs via email!

speedtrapped
May 9th, 2011, 02:30
Ty John they came out great, and I am still in possession of that wonderful engine in your shots, pre special sauce work John was doing for me, btw great central Jersey Audi/VW mechanic.

PALETTE
May 9th, 2011, 03:30
Yur not running the intake system on it?

4ringking
May 9th, 2011, 03:36
Those pictures are before the special sauce work was performed.

speedtrapped
May 11th, 2011, 18:25
anyone want see some logs? actually one log, block 3.31.115...my maf's(as of 4 days ago, new btw) are not giving signal? I have to take the fmu off again, and run voltemeter to connectors, either wire frayed or dirty maf..the cans are BMC, so not sure if residue did it....anyhoo was going to do a bunch of pulls, late lastnight on NJ's GSP....not a lot of traffic on there @10:30, so I get on parkway, kick 2nd into 3rd(2200rpm), press log(start) and WOT.....screaaammmmmm's 6k rpm, 107mph and oncoming rear ends, I upshift to 4th and press the brakes....I wasnt able to get it 6500, a- got pulled over friday for speeding b-didnt want to be kissing another rearend...besides the 0.0 reading in maf, and as dave stated, bank1 a little lean swayed me to wait until maf's are fixed before i redline it again..
2 pulls, 1st was in 3rd to WOT...2nd was 2nd gear WOT...trying to see what DBR set up
.damn, cant download an excel file......user error...anyone want to try for me?

PALETTE
May 11th, 2011, 19:38
2 pulls, 1st was in 3rd to WOT...2nd was 2nd gear WOT...trying to see what DBR set up
.damn, cant download an excel file......user error...anyone want to try for me?

Sure send me the car i will give it a try for you.........:incar:

speedtrapped
May 11th, 2011, 19:47
ha, only if I can drive the 996tt.........

PALETTE
May 12th, 2011, 14:24
sounds good. We need to set up a meet and drive. Or a track rental

speedtrapped
May 12th, 2011, 14:48
corey, what I have been thinking about, but havent confirmed is the texas mile in october......I really want to do the event.

PALETTE
May 12th, 2011, 14:52
Yea but Florida has one to and its alot closer to you no?

speedtrapped
May 12th, 2011, 14:56
really? was not aware.......yes it is closer, where in flo-rida?

PALETTE
May 12th, 2011, 15:20
http://milemarker-1.com/

JSRS6
May 12th, 2011, 16:09
oooooh....can i come?

speedtrapped
May 12th, 2011, 16:21
I def will do a guys weekend for one event. I am waiting on response from site as to next dates.

JSRS6
May 24th, 2011, 14:33
Stephen, I was browsing ebay and saw this and thought you would get a kick out of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-3D-CHROME-DEVIL-DECAL-DEMON-STICKER-EMBLEM-LOGO-/180650246677?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AAudi%7CModel%3ARS6&hash=item2a0f980215

He he he

speedtrapped
May 24th, 2011, 14:38
thats all me Josh, still trying to figure out what color neon underbody looks best....
Ty for your help last night. Car is nasty fast, the MB for anyone else looking

JSRS6
May 24th, 2011, 15:36
No problem. My wife was funny, she said after i got off the phone that when i was talking car stuff with you i sounded like Charlie Browns teacher...

JSRS6
May 24th, 2011, 15:47
thats all me Josh, still trying to figure out what color neon underbody looks best....
Ty for your help last night. Car is nasty fast, the MB for anyone else looking

As for the neon underbody kit, how about this:

I mean, if your gonna gay out your car, you might as well use their color: rainbow....:lovl:

speedtrapped
May 24th, 2011, 16:59
when in Rome.....

JSRS6
May 24th, 2011, 17:39
:lovl::lovl::lovl::lovl::lovl:

ben916
May 24th, 2011, 18:23
Stephen, I was browsing ebay and saw this and thought you would get a kick out of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-3D-CHROME-DEVIL-DECAL-DEMON-STICKER-EMBLEM-LOGO-/180650246677?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AAudi%7CModel%3ARS6&hash=item2a0f980215

He he he

I will see this in the near future in So Cal...

I only put stickers on my car from my racing sponsors.... (gratuitous Benman...> BWAAAWAAAWAAA!!!!

PALETTE
June 3rd, 2011, 19:01
Any update on this HOTROD??? Times? something!!

speedtrapped
June 3rd, 2011, 19:33
corey, hey man....been busy with work and life, and god forbid, a stage 1 tune on the MB...no its not RS6, but its different.....bigger issue is the ability to crush the throttle on the rs6, I live in a NO speeding area, where straightway dead end clear for miles type of roads dont exist. My option is the airstrip, but it doesnt open for 2 more weeks...been wanting to dyno, but even that is a PIA, working on a dyno shop about 25 miles from home, but shop is bad about returning calls

PALETTE
June 4th, 2011, 14:04
Well at least its at home with you and not at the shop so there is a plus. And trust me i feel the pain. Work, Family and Planning a trip to HOT SWELTERING Florida in July. Ughhhhhh!!!

JSRS6
June 4th, 2011, 14:47
corey, hey man....been busy with work and life, and god forbid, a stage 1 tune on the MB...no its not RS6, but its different.....bigger issue is the ability to crush the throttle on the rs6, I live in a NO speeding area, where straightway dead end clear for miles type of roads dont exist. My option is the airstrip, but it doesnt open for 2 more weeks...been wanting to dyno, but even that is a PIA, working on a dyno shop about 25 miles from home, but shop is bad about returning calls

Haha, don't forget Stephen, you will be dynoing on the 18th...

speedtrapped
June 4th, 2011, 16:29
Well at least its at home with you and not at the shop so there is a plus. And trust me i feel the pain. Work, Family and Planning a trip to HOT SWELTERING Florida in July. Ughhhhhh!!!

I will be in Naples 3rd week of July where are u staying?