PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Motor Union Rocks!

speedtrapped
March 23rd, 2011, 01:55
All I can say is wow... I got my intake in the mail today, the quality is the best I have seen, funny the design is so simple, and I say that out of respect. I know the conceptualize and then produce is a big undertaking, FMU nails it. The directions are simple to follow and clear! The welds are clean , and powder coating is nice. The BMC cans are huge. So bottom line, will it improve airflow?.. Jury is out, the tubing and air boxes are huge, the path of flow is simple, But I won't know till it is installed. It def is custom, unique and will look awesome on my engine. I will def buy from FMU in the future. Andrew has been a pleasure to work with.
I promise pics tomorrow...I got home late tonight from client dinner.

Beastly
March 23rd, 2011, 02:08
pictures - yes.

Was someone doing the pre and post dyno?

speedtrapped
March 23rd, 2011, 02:15
I think it was supposed to be Erich, however not sure if he still plans to. My car is going thru an engine swap, diff components.

PALETTE
March 23rd, 2011, 15:01
Thats Great!! 2 Thumbs up for FMU!

ben916
March 23rd, 2011, 15:32
pictures - yes.

Was someone doing the pre and post dyno?

Yeah, I am interested in the pre/post dyno numbers.
Same day if possible.
Same temperature/humidity/etc.
Same distance to the moon - j/k

kevin
March 23rd, 2011, 15:33
Looking forward to pics, prices and dyno comparisons!

Stephencl
March 23rd, 2011, 15:51
I just got mine as well....yipee. Quality is superb. Poweder coating is very nice. Woll look just as good as the carbon covers coming out...hmmmm, now I need to paint my intake manifold and cam covers....yikes...

Stephen

covertw12
March 23rd, 2011, 16:04
Cant wait to get mine..... Hoping to find a shop here in Houston that can do the install/ Dyno soon ....... I'm really going to miss USP I think !

Cheers ~

2TURBOV8
March 23rd, 2011, 16:47
I will get mine tomorrow, can't wait!! Shipping an extra day to California. Install and pics this weekend. Glad to hear the quality and directions are outstanding!!

2TURBOV8
March 23rd, 2011, 16:49
I wish I had a shop like USP near me, thats for sure!!

ttboost
March 23rd, 2011, 22:16
Of the 5 guys,. SOMEONE has to dyno BEFORE AND AFTER...so the only change is the intake..

2TURBOV8
March 23rd, 2011, 22:25
I would if I could. I am in BFE California. No Dyno around here. I plan on getting a few more parts, then do the work, tune, and dyno all at once in LA.

ttboost
March 23rd, 2011, 22:29
I would if I could. I am in BFE California. No Dyno around here. I plan on getting a few more parts, then do the work, tune, and dyno all at once in LA.

Then do it the old fashioned way with real world street performance...

PS..workin on your stuff...

Stephencl
March 24th, 2011, 00:00
I could do an after run in Fairfax where we did our testing back in Jan. At least we would have my car as a baseling before and after on the same dyno

Stephen

JSRS6
March 24th, 2011, 00:16
Don't forget we will be having another test and tune in June...

speedtrapped
March 24th, 2011, 00:24
That is gonna be another solid outing Josh, I will be there.

JSRS6
March 24th, 2011, 00:31
I should hope so! Had a thought...how are you gonna bring both beasts? :hihi:

2TURBOV8
March 24th, 2011, 02:49
I do have a G-Tech Pro SS performance meter. I will do a before and after with that.

fluidmotorunion
March 24th, 2011, 19:43
Andrew has been a pleasure to work with.

If only all the ladies agreed with you, Stephen. If only. :nana:

But returning to my professional demeanor...

Thanks for all the kind words, guys! The true test of the system will be the pre-and-post dyno. I just got off the phone with Stephencl and it seems that he's going to do one once he gets the time, which will be a benefit for all parties involved.

As this is our first group buy as a small company, we put a great amount of effort into every detail to make sure we set the bar high. And from what I've heard from the two Stephens, we seem to be succeeding!

Now let's see some unboxing pics! :addict:

terrytcl
March 26th, 2011, 02:00
Got mine on Wednesday, but had to go to the hospitals early Thursday morning for the birth of our second son. Was offered by fmu for a ore and post dyno, but doing that would've really put me on the hot seat with the wifey. Still catching up on sleep and soon I hope to head down to fmu for the dyno as well as a better tune. I started the install and was not able to complete it. Love the look of the kit as well as the thorough instructions using solidworks models. Give me a heads up Andy if you guys are looking for some part time solidworks work. :)

terrytcl
March 26th, 2011, 02:02
Stupid iPhone autofill. Sorry about the spelling and grammar errors

Aronis
March 26th, 2011, 02:29
TerryTCL, Congratulations on the new baby boy!

Enjoy....

Mike (three son's myself)

speedtrapped
March 26th, 2011, 02:37
Terry con grads!, I see u have the family pusher in your signature.....

fluidmotorunion
March 28th, 2011, 16:02
Got mine on Wednesday, but had to go to the hospitals early Thursday morning for the birth of our second son. Was offered by fmu for a ore and post dyno, but doing that would've really put me on the hot seat with the wifey. Still catching up on sleep and soon I hope to head down to fmu for the dyno as well as a better tune. I started the install and was not able to complete it. Love the look of the kit as well as the thorough instructions using solidworks models. Give me a heads up Andy if you guys are looking for some part time solidworks work. :)

We're good on SolidWorks, Terry, but we appreciate the inquiry! We're expanding, so ya never know :)

Glad you like it. Everything's pointing towards a very positive install for everybody.

micdee
March 29th, 2011, 12:07
Was expecting some picies of the new intake.. but even after 5 days ..... :cry:

no picies of your setup mr Speedtrapped. How come?

speedtrapped
March 29th, 2011, 13:02
micdee.....I know lame, but my beast is still in engine swap process....its at my mechanics, and I dropped my FMU intake as soon as I got it. My special sauce will likely be ready by saturday or Monday, provided no issues with the engine swap.
Stephen

micdee
March 29th, 2011, 18:28
Ohhhh....... well, hope to see some (lots) more picies of the swap and end result then.. ;)
I'll keep my fingers Xed that the car will be ready this saturday...

Michael

or as an American friend always said Mike