PDA

View Full Version : S FL to Houston report....

covertw12
March 22nd, 2011, 13:26
Made the trip Sunday night in a little over 13 hours with stops..... the car ran amazing as usual, especially as the temps cooled down later at night, went thru a full mini-bottle of Aces and averaged 14.7 with an average speed of 89 ( stops included). Had a decent run with a Conti super-sport but short of that no one really was a contender..... the Conti was a soft gray with blacked rims/ trim - truly stunning..... an older driver but he didn't spare the gas.... we ran from Orlando to Ocala together - he had a bit of a jump on initial take-off but i seemed to be able to reel him back in from 80 on, hard to know if he was still WTO tho'..... other then that it was an occasional run with a mustang ( one Rousch gave me a decent run) and the usual Chargers and misc.... as before I saw few Audi's .... with a single S4 Cab being the only "runner" ....

The car amazes me at how easily it covers ground without beating up it's driver.... even with a bit of extra weight the ride and handling were perfect. It was quickly clear thatI do need to get a Ipod adapter for the RSN-E.....any suggestions ??

Have a full day ahead of cleaning the beast..... she needs a good claying and extra love. She earned it !

Cheers~

JSRS6
March 22nd, 2011, 13:32
I've heard good thing about the dice adapter. I think pat has one in his.

speedtrapped
March 22nd, 2011, 14:30
Nice Erich, sounds like fun.....glad U made it safe, and that the beast was a blast.

covertw12
March 22nd, 2011, 14:44
Thanks Stephen - how goes the surgery on the beast ? I can't imagine what the car would be like with a 100 more HP.......

E

DHall1
March 22nd, 2011, 14:54
or 250 more. ;-)

Thanks Stephen - how goes the surgery on the beast ? I can't imagine what the car would be like with a 100 more HP.......

E

speedtrapped
March 22nd, 2011, 14:59
Damn tooting Dave.....Erich, its slow going, there were some issues of dropping engine, and my mechanic was really jammed, but as of yesterday, I have been told engine comes out today. after that, all lines, seals, TB will be replaced. VC and Manifold, painted, then swapped back, button up the Special Sauce tune with Jerry, add the FMU intake, and hopefully 10 days back in my sweaty hands....

covertw12
March 22nd, 2011, 15:52
Damn ! time seems to creep by when we're waiting for our toys doesn't it ...... !!

What are you thinking you'll be at for HP/ tq ?

if there is a hood " core" program I'm in BTW...... I really, REALLY want to do get some vents..... thinking I'll truly need them here in Houston !! doing the Sportec mod this week.....

Did Headshot sell his car ? haven't seen anything from him in a LONG time...... I know he travels a ton but....

E

speedtrapped
March 22nd, 2011, 16:01
current set up, with dahlback tune, was 488/560 @ wheels.....With EC, Jerry we are looking at 535/605 @ wheels, snarky.....The hood core sounds great, but man that would be big cake to ship around. I am not sure about the MTM setup, too many vents....I was hoping headshot had some for sale, guess not....

JSRS6
March 22nd, 2011, 16:06
I think the dahlback tune was conservative to preserve a stock tranny...I think we will see around 600awhp/700awtq after the initial file and a retune.

speedtrapped
March 22nd, 2011, 16:13
given bigger turbos, bigger injectors, more powerful fuel pump, meth injection,bigger IC's, 3" DP's, 100 cell cats, yep Dion said the DBR tuner was clueless.....only problem with 600awhp is the internals of the engine are maxed??? I thought cosworth stock can handle max 700hp(crank)?

speedtrapped
March 22nd, 2011, 16:34
Erich..sorry to go off topic

ben916
March 22nd, 2011, 19:00
if there is a hood " core" program I'm in BTW...... I really, REALLY want to do get some vents..... thinking I'll truly need them here in Houston !! doing the Sportec mod this week.....
Did Headshot sell his car ? haven't seen anything from him in a LONG time...... I know he travels a ton but....

E

I think he would post it on here if he were to entertain the idea of selling it.
His last project was a rear defuser (sic) simuliar to R8 technology to control the air and to make things "better looking".

given bigger turbos, bigger injectors, more powerful fuel pump, meth injection,bigger IC's, 3" DP's, 100 cell cats, yep Dion said the DBR tuner was clueless.....only problem with 600awhp is the internals of the engine are maxed??? I thought cosworth stock can handle max 700hp(crank)?

Not to trump your bud, Dion, but have you looked at what MRC is doing to the C5 in UK?
Double fuel pumps,
Probably a custom fuel rail,
Bigger turbos - checked off,
Bigger injectors - checked off,
Air assembly - good thing you are getting the FMU

Um, isn't Gumpert Apollos using the same Audi 4.2 V8 RS6 lump and developing 650-800hp?? >:)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumpert_Apollo

speedtrapped
March 22nd, 2011, 19:04
Ben ur not trumping, But I bet ya mine cost alot less.........

ben916
March 22nd, 2011, 19:11
Ben ur not trumping, But I bet ya mine cost alot less.........

True!
AND you have the upgraded Trans so all that power will be xfered to the ground...