PDA

View Full Version : tranny cooler?

2TURBOV8
March 22nd, 2011, 00:59
Has anyone ever researched putting a transmission cooler on this car? Is it possible? If so, what company makes them? I think TOZO might be the man to ask on this if you're out there.

marklar182
March 22nd, 2011, 01:08
The car has a (not very adequate IMO) trans cooler system. The fluid passes through the radiator then to a small oil/trans cooler.

Sportec made separate Oil/Gearbox oil coolers for their intercooler kits. These sat behind the intercoolers and aux radiators. I believe they used 25row Setrab coolers on each side. (I am looking to this route down the road)

FMU is developing a large front mount oil/trans cooler combo, but blocking the rad/condenser further is asking for trouble IMO.

speedtrapped
March 22nd, 2011, 01:59
I still may consider the FMU oil cooler with my set up. The unit sits low, underneath the sub bumper. There are not many options. I actually have a derale trans cooler mounted on my 71 bronco(swapped to an auto), rated for 28k lbs gvw. It has a temp sensor fan, easy to wire an plumb, wish I had room because the unit is actually pretty small and helps out big time( I have a temp gauge on the dash to monitor. Off roading heats the heck out of a tranny.

JSRS6
March 22nd, 2011, 02:23
Off roading heats the heck out of a tranny.

You don't say?!? Those Tranny's can get pretty hot up in Jersey, eh? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

speedtrapped
March 22nd, 2011, 10:14
@ss smart u are......I have to pu up last item, pump from dion and ship that off to u. I won't see him till Thursday night.

JSRS6
March 22nd, 2011, 13:27
Hahaha, you know me...looking forward to doing the install...

HeadShot
March 24th, 2011, 22:13
MTM had a tranny cooler kit for the RS6 a few years back. With hoses I think it ran about $1000. If you Google you may find the old info. Might be worth contacting them. I was always tempted by I'm not set up to do the work at the house.
Anyway good luck and let us know if you do the mod. I think it would be a great benefit eh.

H.s

Stephencl
March 24th, 2011, 22:23
HEADSHOT>>>>>>WOW>>>>>>>>Where have you been my friend. Great to see you here. Hope you have been well.

Stephen

JSRS6
March 24th, 2011, 22:37
MTM had a tranny cooler kit for the RS6 a few years back. With hoses I think it ran about $1000. If you Google you may find the old info. Might be worth contacting them. I was always tempted by I'm not set up to do the work at the house.
Anyway good luck and let us know if you do the mod. I think it would be a great benefit eh.

H.s

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/9507-MTM-Gearbox-Oil-Cooler-for-RS6

JSRS6
March 24th, 2011, 22:50
http://www.sportec.ch/page4399.html

JSRS6
March 24th, 2011, 22:55
http://www.mrctuning.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=45:audi-c5rs6&Itemid=59

ben916
March 24th, 2011, 23:20

H.s

welcome back from somewhere!

HeadShot
March 25th, 2011, 21:54
Thanks... I have kinda been in limbo. Back to New Zealand after last years quake. Sad it was flattened again. Still we don't have nuke plants so or Tsumanis so its not so bad. Best wishes to all in Japan! Had a juiced up dodge magnum come up hard on me today on the way down from Santa Barbara.. after I let the beast run a bit he backed way off and behaved Haha. Poor dodge. So that was fun :) And divorce is looming. I will fight hard for the car :)

Best regards to all. Where's duck?
The tranny cooler is on the list of to do's. Lots of pics please if anyone attempts it.

H.s

ben916
March 25th, 2011, 23:14
Duckity duck is in Taiwan and hasn't been heard from in quite some time!

speedtrapped
March 26th, 2011, 00:09
I believe I'm driving his RS6 now, but aside from body, the engine/tranny are transplants;)