PDA

View Full Version : Sway bar ball joint broke

sheatisdale
March 21st, 2011, 16:43
I was having a groaning sound from the front drivers side when turning occasionally. Apparently my front left sway bar ball joint was bad and the bolt broke during inspection according to my dealer. They want $280 to fix it. I can't imagine a bolt and replacing it would take that long and cost that much.

Thoughts?

JSRS6
March 21st, 2011, 17:23
most of that is labor...lift, belly pan, remove sway bar. remove broken bolt. r & r wait....ball joint?

TozoM8
March 21st, 2011, 17:56
It is by the lower front control arm, right behind the wheel. The belly pan stays on. They probably want to replace the swaybar linkage.

V8weight
March 21st, 2011, 18:13
I have a pair of front sway bar links if you need.

sheatisdale
March 23rd, 2011, 17:45
That is a very nice offer. I'll PM you.

On a related note, the techs diagnosed a problem that had caused my check engine light.
Crankcase ventilation combination valve fault. They have quoted me $754 to fix. Is this something easily fixed? Is the part that costly?

I'm going to clear the code and see if it comes back (it has before after some random time period) while I figure out what to do.

V8weight
March 23rd, 2011, 18:50
The vent valves are $80 a piece, and are right on top of the motor and in plain view (circled here in yellow). There are two spring clamps holding them in place. I can send you a pair with your swaybar links if you'd like.
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/002-21-2.jpg

sheatisdale
March 23rd, 2011, 19:01
I can't see the pic for some reason. I'll PM you.