PDA

View Full Version : Lime Rock Park, Memorial Day weekend

bmlee007
March 20th, 2011, 00:38
If anyone is in the Nor'east, join the Car Corral, and the first 25 Audis at the track get a parade lap before the Grand Am race...

http://tickets.limerock.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=10

I'm trying to manually align my stars to be there early enough.

ben916
March 20th, 2011, 04:51
wouldn't that be the cat's meow if SEVERAL RS6 show up !!!

bmlee007
March 21st, 2011, 01:32
Yeah, it would be great to have a large turnout. I'm sending the vacation request tomorrow.

speedtrapped
March 21st, 2011, 01:37
Bummer, would love to...Memorial day weekend tough, opening weekend at beach club.

Jimmy
March 21st, 2011, 11:57
I've never seen in my 20+ years at LRP enough Audis show up for a corral...its usually the BMWs and Porsches that come gather in large numbers.

Thats said, I'll be there on Saturday, as usual, againt the fence where the RVs park on the south side of the skid pad (corral)...I'll bring the RS6 if others say they will show. I usally go with a bunch of Mercedes but will break tradtion !

bmlee007
April 4th, 2011, 00:38
Time off approved and ticket purchased. I'll be there early Saturday morning.

Jimmy
April 4th, 2011, 16:28
http://www.limerock.com/images/stories/Track_Map_2011.jpg

I'd like to meet up with you....but there's NO WAY there will be a 25+ Audi-car corral set-up for us on the skid pad (unless they lump us with the VW crowd) How familiar are you with LRP? When you drive over the bailey bridge to the infield; the corrals will be set-up on the right. They won't let us Audis in but if you drive around to where they inevitably will try to park you (west bend area) just keep driving to where the RVs are parked along the uphill and we can meet up at the back side of the skid pad... back-dooring the corrals if you will ! Always a few oddball cars like us gather there.

Another good time to meet when there are other Audis gathering is for the LRP Vintage Fest in Sept....last year for the Sunday show on the track there they had a spot for Audis. A good 8-10 Audis (no RS6s tho) showed.

There's also the Audi S-fest too in Connecticut at the end of August....usually 3 or 4 other local Rs6s show. www.sfest.com (http://www.sfest.com)

PM me so we can try to meet up on that Saturday for the Memorial Day weekend of races....beware tho, cellular coverage is spotty in the CT hills....so best to have plan that doesn't require the reliance on the wireless !

bmlee007
April 4th, 2011, 21:16
I know where you're talking about, been there a few times when I lived in MA, always walked the entire track during the ALMS weekend. Still, it would be nice to have enough cars there for a good showing, RS or not. It's a bummer that they don't have the Audi corral for ALMS, I think there would be a better showing.

Yeah, I also know about the cell coverage, last time I was there my phone said "emergency only" the whole weekend.

S-fest looks like a good time, not sure I'll be able to get up for that, just have to see when the time comes. I also would like to go to Waterfest in NJ in July. I will be back at LRP for the Ferrari weekend at the end of July, taking part in the Nikon photo seminars around the track.

I'll PM you when it gets closer to nail things down.