PDA

View Full Version : Removed the final two cats today

V8weight
March 13th, 2011, 03:18
The fact that I had neglected to remove the main cats on my downpipes has kind of been eating at me since gutting the pre-cats last summer. I decided to cut them out of there today, and holy crap what a difference. I wasn't anticipating such a drastic increase in noise, the thing sounds down right wicked. Luckily I was able to just cut the main cats out, gut them, then weld them back in place without dropping the motor and removing the downpipes all over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn23CjlvtsI

4everRS
March 13th, 2011, 03:29
Sounds great Pat

hahnmgh63
March 13th, 2011, 03:32
Sounds awsome. I think I'm going for the more relaxed Pre-cat removal this spring though, maybe do the pre-cats on the New for me Cayenne too. The Cayenne's pre-cats look bigger but a whol lot more room under there to get at. I just drove it 2945 miles from Wilmington DE, to my place in Roy, WA in 3 days. A great ride, 500Bhp in a SUV is a lot of power.

Elevens
Welcome to the Zero Cat Club. Beautiful, aint it. Every time you step on the gas, you hear nothing but Turbo's spooling up. Absolutely Marvelous......

JSRS6
...and then he gets out and walks away all cool like...
:hihi::hihi::hihi:

MaxRS6
March 13th, 2011, 03:40
Made for Hollywood Chaos- Sounds great!

V8weight
March 13th, 2011, 03:40
Welcome to the Zero Cat Club. Beautiful, aint it. Every time you step on the gas, you hear nothing but Turbo's spooling up. Absolutely Marvelous......
To be honest, the first time that I've heard the turbo's was in the video. While driving I can't hear them over the exhaust roar. :)

Aronis
March 13th, 2011, 03:41
No emisions testing in your state?

V8weight
March 13th, 2011, 03:42
No emisions testing in your state?
Nope..........We ran out of money for that in 2001.

MaxRS6
March 13th, 2011, 03:50
It was the school teachers wasn't it????

V8weight
March 13th, 2011, 03:56
It was the school teachers wasn't it????
Think of the children!!! LOL. This the only situation where their uncontrollable spending has had any benefit to me.

Elevens
March 13th, 2011, 03:57
To be honest, the first time that I've heard the turbo's was in the video. While driving I can't hear them over the exhaust roar. :)

As a matter of fact the Catless Milltek Downpipes mated with the Milltek Non Res Exhaust system is not that bad. Very Strong sounding but not annoyingly Loud, and I am able to hear my Turbo's spooling up very easily. Sounds like a jet getting ready to take off.......

V8weight
March 13th, 2011, 04:02
As a matter of fact the Catless Milltek Downpipes mated with the Milltek Non Res Exhaust system is not that bad. Very Strong sounding but not annoyingly Loud, and I am able to hear my Turbo's spooling up very easily. Sounds like a jet getting ready to take off.......
Yeah, from what I've heard on other cars, despite still retaining the factory resonators, my Eisenmann exhaust seems to be louder than the Milltek non resonated. Go figure.

speedtrapped
March 13th, 2011, 04:24
Pat that exhaust is def more beastly sounding, honestly I prefer that to mine, I had the gutted DP mated to millteks, sounded food but easy to hear spool...yours is a little more throaty and I luv it.

JSRS6
March 13th, 2011, 04:29
Pat that exhaust is def more beastly sounding, honestly I prefer that to mine, I had the gutted DP mated to millteks, sounded food but easy to hear spool...yours is a little more throaty and I luv it.

I wish my exhaust sounded that food...lol. I'm looking at the 18th for the dyno day btw.

speedtrapped
March 13th, 2011, 12:32
Damn Ipad instant spell....

PALETTE
March 13th, 2011, 15:02
Sounds good! I have to say it sounds very muscle car no real import whine to it thank god! Should turn some heads around your area LOL

vitalian
March 13th, 2011, 19:03
Positively beastly! Love it!

covertw12
March 13th, 2011, 19:32
That sounds Great Pat........ Did you do an X pipe at all ? My Eissenman was just the rear cans is yours the same ? that really has a nice deep roar...... I love my current setup but the Eissenman had an amazing tone to it..... truly sounded like a big block stock car...

V8weight
March 13th, 2011, 23:52
That sounds Great Pat........ Did you do an X pipe at all ? My Eissenman was just the rear cans is yours the same ? that really has a nice deep roar...... I love my current setup but the Eissenman had an amazing tone to it..... truly sounded like a big block stock car...
Yep, the Eisenmann is just an axle back exhaust, so the factory resonator section is still in place. Definitely had a unique roar to it though, even when I had all of my cats in place. I haven't done an X pipe yet, it's in the works.

ben916
March 14th, 2011, 02:21
Nope..........We ran out of money for that in 2001.

Maybe you could let CARB and ask them to relax the sphincter here...

Yeah, from what I've heard on other cars, despite still retaining the factory resonators, my Eisenmann exhaust seems to be louder than the Milltek non resonated. Go figure.

So the loudest from top down:
Straight pipes,
Eisenmann,
Millys, Super Sprint? Billy boat???
SE
Junk OEM non SE...

JSRS6
March 14th, 2011, 02:46
Maybe you could let CARB and ask them to relax the sphincter here...

Straight pipes,
Eisenmann,
SE
Junk OEM non SE...

I'm eventually gonna do 3"straight pipes to milltek tips. I'm interested in how that x-pipe will sound on Pats.

MaxRS6
March 14th, 2011, 03:07

Straight pipes,
Eisenmann,
SE
Junk OEM non SE...

You left off the list Lil Sis sitting on a bag of cheetos

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:crfTwfRUD1ZbdM:http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g129/apeanut58/fatgirl31.jpg

V8weight
March 14th, 2011, 03:16
You left off the list Lil Sis sitting on a bag of cheetos

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:crfTwfRUD1ZbdM:http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g129/apeanut58/fatgirl31.jpg

The only thing louder is Lil sis sitting on a biodegradable bag of Sun Chips.