PDA

View Full Version : Part Numbers for Valve Cover Gasket for RS6.

Aronis
March 13th, 2011, 02:16
Does anyone know the part numbers for the gaskets for the Valve Cover for the RS6?

Is it different than the A6/S6 V8 part?

Thanks,

Mike

V8weight
March 13th, 2011, 02:22
The valve cover gasket set for the RS6 is the same part number for the A6 4.2 and S6 (077 198 025A).

Aronis
March 13th, 2011, 02:26
Thanks. I was looking at several source sites and they all listed the same gasket for all of the V8's. Just wanted to be sure. So it's even the same one for each side!

Everytime I look at the Bentley manual I curse those bastards..>Passenger side PITA..remove this, remove that ,flex this ,flex that...Driver's side might was well be a zip lock bag in comparison.

Mike

MaxRS6
March 13th, 2011, 02:27
^ What Pat said- Confirmed on my invoice same part# both sides as I had this done during the coolant repair

SAF
March 13th, 2011, 02:29
I believe it's 077198025A.

SAF
March 13th, 2011, 02:30
Guess I'm too slow pulling up ETKA. ;)

V8weight
March 13th, 2011, 02:34
Guess I'm too slow pulling up ETKA. ;)
LOL, I was going to say, how long did it take you to type that?

Aronis
March 13th, 2011, 03:40
MaxRS6,

three questions:
How many miles on the car when that was done?
Where they leaking?
Did they do an Engine Pull?

Thanks,

Mike

MaxRS6
March 13th, 2011, 03:43
MaxRS6,

three questions:
How many miles on the car when that was done?
Where they leaking?
Did they do an Engine Pull?

Thanks,

Mike

It was done most recently when they had the engine out for a oil cooler leak. It was at about 133K miles this time. No leakage this time and I just had them do it while convenient. I've had those replaced several times during opportune times.

Aronis
March 13th, 2011, 03:44
ya, when they had my engine out at 102,000 miles I told them to replace any seal which they feel should be done....cricket noises....nothing.......oh well, I am sure it was seaping back then, it's only been 7,000 miles.

MaxRS6
March 13th, 2011, 03:49
^ The freakers- I hear ya- I have to demand it and they half the time go "Why- they aren't leaking?". I just ask them to do it anyway to appease me and at least provides 12K/12 months of warranty on it. They love to go in and in and in agin to the engine/wallet and to heck with preventative opportune maintenance. This forum is great with all of you posting great information.

Aronis
March 14th, 2011, 00:43
So, I tightened down 4 of the 5 lateral bolts on the passenger side which I could reach without taking the air cleaner off.

I first cleaned all the old oil away, including cleaning out the torx heads, then use a universal joint and a 30 torx socket. I was able to turn them all about 1/8 a turn. I wish I could have reached the most rear bolt, but it's pretty hidden...

After a short drive I rechecked and could not see any oil YET...

Mike

Hy Octane
March 14th, 2011, 19:58
How many hours of labor should it take to replace the right side cam adjuster gasket, the right side valve cover gasket and the right cam plug cover gasket?

Aronis
March 15th, 2011, 17:11
Got me!

I was picking up my gaskets yesterday and ran across a happy to see familiar face in the service department. A Porsche mechanic (Audi also) who had done some work on my car before who had moved on to green pastures came back! He's an excellent mechanic. I was tempted to just let him do the valve cover gaskets. We discussed the access issue on the left he said absolutely there is no reason to remove the engine to work on that side. He also is very confident that he could do the cam adjuster gasket as he mentioned that very thing to me as we discussed my plans of DIY VC gaskets.

I was happy to see he's back!

Mike