PDA

View Full Version : Sad to say I may decide sell my beast.... thoughts on what to ask from the experts ?

covertw12
March 10th, 2011, 17:59
Life is increasingly complicated, the beast was my post-diivorce therapy project and I truly love the car. Unfortunately along with my divorce went my job ( I ran my ex's father's Commercial RE company...) so I'm chasing thing in TX ( where my new GF lives) but I also have a really unique opportunity in the Carribean I'm looking at that would put me out of country for at least 2 years, with no real chance to use the car.

All that said I'm torn on giving up my dream car for a dream job ! but if I do, I can afford to take the time to find the right buyer. The car was lift kept by an 70+ yr old gentleman prior to my purchasing at 26k and religiously taken care of with full records, new tranny at 23k and new rotors/ 35k service at 24k as well. It is in almost perfect condition - a minor 1 /8" ding on the front bumperskin and the driver door handle interior soft touch paint has lifted a bit.

best of all it still has 35k and 3+ years on the Fidelity Plat warranty. the car currently has just under 40k and has always been fully serviced with no ongoing issues now ( finally found that damn defective N75 valve...).

Thoughts on asking price factoring the current modifications ? I'd obviously love to see it go to someone who respects what it is and can continue the vision....

I appreciate your input.... Also,if you're interested or know anyone who might be feel free to PM me.

Cheers~

speedtrapped
March 10th, 2011, 18:22
Erich....say it aint so????? Good Luck with whatever job u take, there will always be another beast to be had.

Jimmy
March 10th, 2011, 22:05
Looks to be a very well sorted ride from your list of mods... I wish I had all that stuff on mine !

....35 grand ? Any lein on it? Suck-ass time to sell any car tho.

ben916
March 10th, 2011, 23:37
You could part out some of those tasty items.... :)

speedtrapped
March 11th, 2011, 01:34
Erich your car has great value with fidelity, unfortunately mods do not translate well, from my experience you can expect .25-.35 on $ for mods, I think $35k is likely for quick sale, or wait for higher. I know the guy in Texas, sorry don't remember his name, but he has a pristine car with a big fidelity warranty. He was looking for $42k for a while, not sure if he sold it for that.

TozoM8
March 11th, 2011, 02:36
If anyone give you $30K, take it and don't look back. They are great cars, but 07' D3 S8s are as low as $40K.

speedtrapped
March 11th, 2011, 02:59
Tozo...my friend has a manheim license, showed me the recent 6 d3 S8 sales, hi mileage, 45k sold for $46k, 2 with above average condition and about 24k miles sold for $52k....

TozoM8
March 11th, 2011, 04:46
35K miles http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-S8-2007-AUDI-S8-2007-AUDI-S8-V10-NAV-BACK-UP-CAM-CL-CR-FX-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0eb08145QQitemZ18063 5074885QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks
There was one a couple weeks ago with 65K miles for $35K. I love the RS6 ,but for that much $$$ I would pick the S8. Same power, same weight, more comfort and gadgets 4 years newer, V10, much better trans..........

speedtrapped
March 11th, 2011, 14:16
funny, to each his own, I have the D3 07' S8, with a tune...makes 525hp crank....great car, and yes fast.....But I luv my RS6 more, I really luv hitting gas and feel rockets ignite behind me....matter of fact, thats why I am selling my S8(and if any one is curious, its going to Manheim on thursday...I will all let ya know what I get....any betters?)...

covertw12
March 11th, 2011, 15:36
Tozo I agree the S8 has become a relative bargain, but the cars potential tune level are utterly different. As my handle indicates I used to have an A8 W12 with Full S8 suspension- lowered and with Hsports, MTM Exhaust, Mov"it brake kit etc..... it might of been 500 Hp or so and it was truly a sleeper with turbine-like acceleration but ultimately that was the issue..... there is little that replaces the RS6 tuned, with a decent suspension as the Turbos come online......

I'll know which way I need to go by early next week. Appreciate any and all suggestions and the input.

E

vitalian
March 11th, 2011, 16:03
For what it's worth, I think $35K would be a more than fair price for your car given its condition and mods. The warranty alone would cost about $4-5K (I know, I very recently bought one). Maybe my perspective is skewed, since I live in an area where the price of everything is grossly inflated, but still...

ben916
March 11th, 2011, 17:21
Tozo I agree the S8 has become a relative bargain, but the cars potential tune level are utterly different. As my handle indicates I used to have an A8 W12 with Full S8 suspension- lowered and with Hsports, MTM Exhaust, Mov"it brake kit etc..... it might of been 500 Hp or so and it was truly a sleeper with turbine-like acceleration but ultimately that was the issue..... there is little that replaces the RS6 tuned, with a decent suspension as the Turbos come online......

I'll know which way I need to go by early next week. Appreciate any and all suggestions and the input.

E
Just a thought but have you contacted Fonzie Audi to see if he needs a stable mate for the S4?

JSRS6
March 11th, 2011, 17:29
Just a thought but have you contacted Fonzie Audi to see if he needs a stable mate for the S4?

They would match well, wouldn't they? :hihi:

ben916
March 11th, 2011, 18:16
They would match well, wouldn't they? :hihi:

Well yes they do!
But the REAL question is which one Jen gets to drive??? :)

Elevens
March 11th, 2011, 18:43
Hey Erich sorry to hear the predicament your in. I was at Coral Springs Audi a couple weeks ago. Saw your Beast sitting in the Lot. What a beauty. Perfect in all aspects. With all the Mods and its perfect condition Its worth $40,000 easy. If any one gets this for $35,000 there getting away with Murder. What, with a Warranty also. Any way good luck in the direction you choose...............