PDA

View Full Version : 2 for 2 ... rant

LIRS6
March 7th, 2011, 04:52
I think I'll go long NuStar again .. they refine asphalt, and with all of the potholes in the NY metropolitan area alone, asphalt will have to be in great demand - assuming the local municipalities can afford to fill them. Meanwhile I've got 2 Dunlop snows with their sidewalls blown out from a pothole encountered on the way to the movie theater tonite. I think the rims survived. Limped home after the movie and threw on the summer tread.

Oh, and Jennifer Anniston looked hot in a bikini. :hihi:

vitalian
March 7th, 2011, 15:07
Wow, that's terrible. It's been a really bad year for potholes here in Seattle as well. Most of the roads in my neighborhood look like the surface of the moon and I have to drive like I'm on a slalom course. One of my neighbors broke an axle on his Camry and the city DOT people were like, "bummer, watch where you're going."

Anyone who believes in government conspiracies has obviously never tried dealing with the government.

Majestic
March 7th, 2011, 15:57
It sucks here in NY, I also got a flat in my left front tire, I tried to put on the spare but the spare is 18 inches with different size bolts so I cant even get the tire off.
I am going to have to get the car towed to the dealership or somewhere, I just bought all 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 XL and EBC Reds Front and rear break pad set.
Might as well get them all done at once, anyone know what it might cost to get it done at the dealership?

LIRS6
March 7th, 2011, 16:09
I am going to have to get the car towed to the dealership or somewhere, I just bought all 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 XL and EBC Reds Front and rear break pad set.
Might as well get them all done at once, anyone know what it might cost to get it done at the dealership?

Where are you located in NY? .. if in metropolitan area, try Tyrolsport in Queens .. Mike is great. Has done work for me on my RS6 many times, including EBC Reds

JSRS6
March 7th, 2011, 16:42
It sucks here in NY, I also got a flat in my left front tire, I tried to put on the spare but the spare is 18 inches with different size bolts so I cant even get the tire off.

Can you elaborate? The stock spare won't fit?

ben916
March 7th, 2011, 17:55

Yeah, this would be a big fookin' boondoggle if the OEM inflate-o-spare didn't fit as advertised...

SAF
March 7th, 2011, 19:15
Maybe he has the wrong one, because mine worked fine.

Aronis
March 7th, 2011, 20:54
Um, pot holes? D O N ' T H O L D Y O U R B R E A T H. Its expensive paying a 1/4 of the country NOT to work! So if you want those pot holes filled, get your shovel!

Mike

(My road is like a dirt road, but fortunately my taxes are very high! D'ooh)

Majestic
March 8th, 2011, 04:34

When I tried to take off the bolts on my tire the tire iron doesn't fit the bolts that I have on the car, I guess the previous owner changed the standard bolt size to something larger.
I live in Great Neck, its on the border of Queens and like 1 or 2 miles away from Beiner Audi, I don't like going to the dealership so if anyone has any suggestions on where to go let me know.
Also if If I am trying to take the bolt off the tire incorrectly let me know, I have never changed the tire on this car, I would rather drive it there with a spare than pay to get it towed.

JSRS6
March 8th, 2011, 04:42
When I tried to take off the bolts on my tire the tire iron doesn't fit the bolts that I have on the car, I guess the previous owner changed the standard bolt size to something larger.
I live in Great Neck, its on the border of Queens and like 1 or 2 miles away from Beiner Audi, I don't like going to the dealership so if anyone has any suggestions on where to go let me know.
Also if If I am trying to take the bolt off the tire incorrectly let me know, I have never changed the tire on this car, I would rather drive it there with a spare than pay to get it towed.

Go to auto zone/advance auto/pepboys and get a 4-way tire iron. Or better yet, a socket set.

Majestic
March 8th, 2011, 14:51
Go to auto zone/advance auto/pepboys and get a 4-way tire iron. Or better yet, a socket set.

Sounds like a good idea, I will go do that.
Another question where do you jack up the car?
I dont have the owners manual on where to safely jack up the car.

Thanks again

DonS
March 8th, 2011, 15:46
There are some arrows on the rocker panel that indictae the optimal jacking point on the frame rail.

Like JSRS6 dais, tThose 4-way lug wrenches are the best. They allow a firm and strong torque.

hahnmgh63
March 8th, 2011, 19:17
Stock bolt size should take a 17mm socket and they are a ball seat bolt. Most aftermarket wheels take a cone seat bolt. I always recommend to install with a Torque wrench, I think it is about 90 lb/ft.

marklar182
March 8th, 2011, 22:16
Stock bolt size should take a 17mm socket and they are a ball seat bolt. Most aftermarket wheels take a cone seat bolt.

BINGO! RS cars use/recommend these; http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-RS6--4.2T/Wheels/Lug_Bolts/OEM/ES8756/

DHall1
March 9th, 2011, 02:36
I think spending blasted past 25% of GDP back in Feb of 09.

We may be 40% by now.

Just sayin

Um, pot holes? D O N ' T H O L D Y O U R B R E A T H. Its expensive paying a 1/4 of the country NOT to work! So if you want those pot holes filled, get your shovel!

Mike

(My road is like a dirt road, but fortunately my taxes are very high! D'ooh)

DHall1
March 9th, 2011, 02:40
You may frame this statement and post it at every city hall around this great country. Except Arizona sold all its government buildings last year to pay debts. I guess our 12% sales tax is not enough. Or the fact that AZ poverty rate is climbing faster than any state or how about the fact that nearly 60% of the patients at our local hospital are on AZ Medicaid.

Fantastic.

Wow, that's terrible. It's been a really bad year for potholes here in Seattle as well. Most of the roads in my neighborhood look like the surface of the moon and I have to drive like I'm on a slalom course. One of my neighbors broke an axle on his Camry and the city DOT people were like, "bummer, watch where you're going."

Anyone who believes in government conspiracies has obviously never tried dealing with the government.

MaxRS6
March 9th, 2011, 03:01
Just keep paying and move along sir....

DHall1
March 9th, 2011, 04:09
Eagle 3

Fox 20

Think I will go golfing instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-KKYfQ8n8Q&NR=1