PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes CL65 AMG 2005, Yeah or Nay????? Open fire fellas

speedtrapped
March 7th, 2011, 01:34
So the S8 is about sold. I currently only have the RS6(she is enough, but I rather have 2)...I do have the Bronco but its only used in summer. So I was originally going to p/u up Phil's cherry 02 996TT. But wife doesnt think its practical with kids in back. So I came across a Pewter/darkgrey CL65 with 39k miles and 3/40k left on a transferrable bumper to bumper. I got seller down to $44500.00(amazing this car was $188k in 2005...Mercedes...) The car is local to me and is mint. I have never owned a Mercedes, always thought they were alittle boring, but an AMG V12 Biturbo has me drooling a little....I know Dave had issues with gas tank, but curious if any memebers have a Mercedes or just eneral Opines.....

AndyBG
March 7th, 2011, 02:47
Go for it, first thing in the morning!

ben916
March 7th, 2011, 03:25
Fonzie Audi had in the following order: an RS6, E63, S65 and currently has a new S4.
IIRC, the gas mileage was worse than the RS6...

That V12 twin turbo is WICKED sounding!!!!!!!!!!!!

JSRS6
March 7th, 2011, 03:25
Have you gone for a test drive yet?

DHall1
March 7th, 2011, 04:55
4 x gas tank leak in less than 2.5 years and 20k miles.

Its leaking again just 6 months after almost everything was changed.

And the gas gauge is not reading properly. Car left me stranded on the hwy for nearly 2 hrs.

I may just hot rod the sucker for a drag car. 10s are easy in that platform.

Practical? Like a 750hp RS6. Hehe

So the S8 is about sold. I currently only have the RS6(she is enough, but I rather have 2)...I do have the Bronco but its only used in summer. So I was originally going to p/u up Phil's cherry 02 996TT. But wife doesnt think its practical with kids in back. So I came across a Pewter/darkgrey CL65 with 39k miles and 3/40k left on a transferrable bumper to bumper. I got seller down to $44500.00(amazing this car was $188k in 2005...Mercedes...) The car is local to me and is mint. I have never owned a Mercedes, always thought they were alittle boring, but an AMG V12 Biturbo has me drooling a little....I know Dave had issues with gas tank, but curious if any memebers have a Mercedes or just eneral Opines.....

speedtrapped
March 7th, 2011, 12:05
LOL, u know me and how pratical I can be.....gas mileage, whats that?...RS6, 71'Bronco,and possibly CL65....all hybrids to me:hahahehe:

speedtrapped
March 7th, 2011, 12:06
Have you gone for a test drive yet?

tomorrow or weds....

vitalian
March 7th, 2011, 19:57
For your entertainment, if nothing else, here's Top Gear's take on the CL65:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=882iGcz5er8

And here's the Stig driving it around the Top Gear track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg-Ooec7OIU

JSRS6
March 7th, 2011, 20:21
Stephen, I stick by my advice per our talk last week. But if you like it, it's your money.

ZCD2.7T
March 7th, 2011, 20:23
I've driven one.

It's a rocketship in a straight line, but it left me completely cold other than that. It's so quiet and smooth that there's no sensation of speed at all.

Still, at $44K (which is all they're worth), it would be fun to put some drag radials on it and terrorize the kids at the local drag strip's test 'n tune days!

speedtrapped
March 7th, 2011, 20:25
see its a perfect family car.....the RS6 is for the fun

JSRS6
March 7th, 2011, 20:34
:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Aronis
March 7th, 2011, 20:51
that car sounds like a great buy! 1/4 the original price with a full bumper to bumper warrantee! Grab it!

ben916
March 7th, 2011, 21:53
It's a rocketship in a straight line, but it left me completely cold other than that. It's so quiet and smooth that there's no sensation of speed at all.

I thought Fonzie put a custom exhaust/DP/Resonators on his SL65 and THAT made it sound WICKED!

speedtrapped
March 8th, 2011, 01:27
hmmmmmmmmmm.....she is mine when I want to pull trigger, butttttt what about trans? lets just say if you are me, I drool over monster power, but I miss 6 speed.....And I only want German...Porsche 911 I luv, but not a family car....M5???? or by the mercedes and down road drop some dough into 6 speed conversion on RS6, absolute perfection......sorry guys, I tend do drop on cars on emotion, the RS6 was the BEST whim I ever had......

JSRS6
March 8th, 2011, 01:53
hmmmmmmmmmm.....she is mine when I want to pull trigger, butttttt what about trans? lets just say if you are me, I drool over monster power, but I miss 6 speed.....And I only want German...Porsche 911 I luv, but not a family car....M5???? or by the mercedes and down road drop some dough into 6 speed conversion on RS6, absolute perfection......sorry guys, I tend do drop on cars on emotion, the RS6 was the BEST whim I ever had......

If you do the swap and I don't, I call dibs on your L10 trans/tc!

speedtrapped
March 8th, 2011, 02:12
LOLLOLOLLOL, ofcourse my man.......after I take it too Etown a couple of times, ya know just to test it out and such...

JSRS6
March 8th, 2011, 02:34
LOLLOLOLLOL, ofcourse my man.......after I take it too Etown a couple of times, ya know just to test it out and such...

I might have to take a trip up and join ya then. I would have to try it out before I decide :hihi:

speedtrapped
March 8th, 2011, 02:58
U have a place to stay always.

Jimmy
March 8th, 2011, 20:34
Get one, they are VERY nice...however, the rear seats are a joke, even for children.

Even so, you feel like a billion dollars driving one.

speedtrapped
March 8th, 2011, 20:38
whoa....Jimmy, a joke in rear? same room as 911 rear seats?

Jimmy
March 8th, 2011, 22:22
Def more room than a 911, but not much more in the leg area unless the front passenger and driver are very short....I'm not sure why they even put seats in the back of a 911.

My 5'3" wife barely fit in the back of a friend's 2003 CL600...although I had plenty of room up front for all my 6'1". Did you drive one? They are sooo classy and cool....pretty spacious up front, just not in the back.