PDA

View Full Version : opinion on which diverter valves to use please

aussie rs6
March 4th, 2011, 19:31
I have just splashed out on APR ecu and tcu upgrade.

on search, I see forum members that have changed diverter valves choose either APR R1, Hyperboost or Forge.

I am looking for a diverter valve which will not give off ricer sound when DV diverts excess boost.

Any advice from fellow posters appreciated. :vhmmm::vhmmm:

I have also seen DHalls comment that standard oem diverter valves are adequate.

john

ps for some light relief, latest advice on how to get free health care:

If you can't afford a doctor, go to an airport - you'll get a free x-ray and a breast exam,

and if you mention Al Qaeda, you'll get a free colonoscopy.

ben916
March 4th, 2011, 20:16
on search, I see forum members that have changed diverter valves choose either APR R1, Hyperboost or Forge.
I am looking for a diverter valve which will not give off ricer sound when DV diverts excess boost.

john

If you can't afford a doctor, go to an airport - you'll get a free x-ray and a breast exam,

I would search some, as there are one's that honk like geese, which IMO, I would rather have squealing rotors than honking D.V.

marklar182
March 4th, 2011, 21:02
Stock valves (710P) are a little soft, but are adequate for stock boost pressures, and very quiet. I think 710N valves are a good choice for a chipped RS6, but I have experienced some goose honk with the 710N's.

hahnmgh63
March 4th, 2011, 21:04
Stay away from R1's. I bought a set from APR and they are noisy, make honking sounds all the time. APR said it was a known issue and to return them to be modified. At my cost of return postage I received them back and almost no change. I just went back to new OEM valves.

johnnie27
March 4th, 2011, 21:45

john

love the health care quote john...as far as the valves go unless you are looking for some honk tunes, i would leave the stockers in...they've been in std on the car i now own for over 4 years with the same tune no issues..keep the coin for tyres mate! or brake pads...john in melb

on my evo 6 we uded an evo 8 MR factory blow off valve , just b/c it was slightly beetr than the 6 valve for a tuned car. but made no additional sounds....how do you liek the tune!! banana's hey

ttboost
March 4th, 2011, 23:46
Factory 710N's...

speedtrapped
March 5th, 2011, 00:43
I have the hyper boost on chipped ecu, making 1 bar, pretty quiet.

Elevens
March 5th, 2011, 00:57
Factory 710N's...

+1 on the 710N's. That's what mine are being replaced with right now. My mechanic though prefers to run Forges on his 2.7T. He runs about 21PSI and claims to have blown a couple of sets of 710's. I doubt that any of us will run that high of a boost, so I believe that the 710N's will be quit adequate...

Holiday
March 5th, 2011, 21:36
I have the hyper boost on chipped ecu, making 1 bar, pretty quiet.

Same experience here.

V8weight
March 5th, 2011, 23:16
I run the Forge 007's, they were the first thing I bought for the car. The nice thing about the Forge valves is that you can data log the car and change springs/ shims to custom tailor their open/ close point.

speedtrapped
March 5th, 2011, 23:16
Hey holiday how are u? Coming to June VA dyno day?