PDA

View Full Version : RS6 C5 manual conversion help...... wiring loom

icelightblue1
March 3rd, 2011, 23:12
Hey Guy's

A newbie from England here, I actually own a B5 S4 saloon that I converted to RS4 widebody. My engine died on me and while searching a C5 engine came into my hands, I have done the mechanical work to fit the engine into the B5 engine bay, (moving turbos, IC's etc) where I come unstuck is that I have the manual drive train and wanted to know what I need to do to the loom for it to work with a RS6 ECU.

I found this site via the manual conversions done by a few forum members and was hoping someone could guide me in the right direction?

Many Thanks and Kind Regards

Icelightblue1

yagey
March 5th, 2011, 01:40
What in particular about the wiring loom are you trying to figure out?

icelightblue1
March 5th, 2011, 12:20
Basically I have the RS6 engine loom, which is setup I believe for automatic transmission, I also have my S4 (1999) loom which is set up for manual transmission. what I am after is a solution so that I can have manual transmission on a RS6. I have read about the manual conversions done on a RS6, and wanted to know what people did to the loom in order to get it working with the 01E gearbox?

I have mailed the forum members here whom have done it but have not had any response as yet

JSRS6
March 5th, 2011, 12:51
As far as I know, the people who have done the O1E conversions(it's on my list as well) have done only one thing...unplug the tcu. Then it defaults back to manual.

yagey
March 5th, 2011, 23:10
As far as I know, the people who have done the O1E conversions(it's on my list as well) have done only one thing...unplug the tcu. Then it defaults back to manual.

That's what I did with my z32(300zx) conversion too, but I had to also rig a reverse light switch and the neutral safety switch to get the car to start

JSRS6
March 5th, 2011, 23:35
Of course. Those things will need to be done.

icelightblue1
March 6th, 2011, 13:12
That's awesome ... Thank you guy's