PDA

View Full Version : Another new Craigslist RS6 turned up in my area. 65Kmiles

hahnmgh63
March 1st, 2011, 20:54
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/2239642379.html

vitalian
March 1st, 2011, 21:45
Same color combo as mine. Too bad you can't view the Carfax without paying $$$. Would be curious about its history. I wonder if it's on Ben's VIN list.

ben916
March 1st, 2011, 21:53
Wonder if the rims are for sale if OEM's are replaced? :)

New to the list (905627).
Wood-Tone Accents... no, that is carbon.
Looks like it will need some new "breaks" soon
Free Carfax? not really, but 20 records
Free Autocheck? not really, but 17 records

HUH?

Did someone dump HER car in Kent with new rims? :)

vitalian
March 1st, 2011, 21:58
Did someone dump HER car in Kent with new rims? :)

Heck no! Mine's still up on a hoist in Bellevue.

ben916
March 1st, 2011, 22:12
Damn it!!!! Sorry to hear that!

I just stumbled upon this...
http://www.theautogallery.com/used/Audi/2003-Audi-RS6-244fc37f0a0a00650118d1f984c21a77.htm
The VIN is 7th on my list, so it looks like it was one of the earliest RS6's in the US!!! (04/03 on sticker)
Fairly clean but no Nav(not to say it is worth a $hit) or Warm Weather package (me likey) ...

vitalian
March 1st, 2011, 22:24
That's a sharp-looking car.

4everRS
March 2nd, 2011, 03:15
Ran a quick carfax on this one. Involved in an accident with a parked car between 9600 and 18600 miles. Doesn't list what the mileage was when it happened. Also doesn't go into any detail on the repair or who did the repair. University Audi did most all the service work, and it was also sold originally through that dealer. I also can't see that the 35k service was done, but one could always call university Audi and ask. Oh, and it was sold at auction at 64,851 miles on 1/10/2011
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/2239642379.html

FacePalm
March 2nd, 2011, 22:02
Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster. Thought I'd sign up since I went and checked this one out today. I've been in the market for quite a bit now, so was fairly excited to finally test drive one. When I got to the dealership, I noticed the beast was parked across the street in the Les Schwab lot. Looked dirtier than Christina Aguilera, but whatever.

Anyway, Max (the fifteen year old sales guy) tells me it was over at the tire shop cause the front passenger tire was losing air. Apparently the BBS wheel is so beat up the tire isn't fitting right. Sure enough, upon inspection, it looked like a pit bull's chew toy. So no test drive. :cry: Other than that, I'm told, it needs nothing but a new owner. Yeah ok...

Max hands me the key and I jump in. I fire it up and it sounds pretty good. Somewhat of a rattle upon start-up, but I'm no mechanic. The inside looks terrible. Nothing a good detailing wouldn't fix, but it broke my heart to see the beast so dirty. Strangely, the passneger seat looked more worn than the driver. Both could use a good cleaning, though. The pixels in the cluster look good. A line is out on the stereo display. The arm rest storage part was broken. The seat warmer worked; at least on the driver's side.

Not a single document in the glovebox. I'm told by Paco (Max's replacement) not to fear, however, because there is a carfax with some mainetenance records. I go inside and check out the carfax. Like 4everRS said, it was in an accident with a parked vehicle. I could only see 3 or 4 maintenance records. Most alarming was the gap from 35k-current without any records.

Overall, pretty disappointing. I think one could do better for the 27k they're asking. My search still continues...

Oh and thanks vitalian for sniping the beast from Barrier. I was going to check it out the day you bought it... ;)

ben916
March 2nd, 2011, 22:14
FacePalm,

Here
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=281193398&dealer_id=65377461&car_year=2003&doors=&systime=&position=top&position=top&model=RS6&search_lang=en&style_flag=1&start_year=2003&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=0&min_price=&drive=&rdm=1252615205509&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&end_year=2003&showZipError=n&make2=&certified=&engine=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=&max_mileage=&address=91943&color=&sort_type=distance&max_price=&awsp=false&make=AUDI&seller_type=b&num_records=100&cardist=24&standard=false

Disclaimer:
I am receive no kickback or $$$ on sharing this ad for the benefit of others.

I WILL be seeing this car this weekend unless Jay sells it before then...
If you are asking for photos or something, please PM me. It is bone stock.
From what Jay has indicated, he is the 2nd owner, all services performed at Hoehn Audi Carlsbad.
No warranty.

FacePalm
March 2nd, 2011, 22:19
Thanks, Ben-
Saw this a while ago, but figured with the amount of views it would be gone by now. Looks like it's in great condition. If you're going to be looking at it, mind letting me know how she looks/runs? Assuming, like you said, it hasn't sold by then.

ben916
March 2nd, 2011, 22:24
from the 30 minute conversation about his car, Jay stated that he didn't want to sell the car BUT with a drive to LA every day in the near future, he didn't want to pile the miles on it.
If he offers a test drive, I will take it.
I will listen to the rollers at the front grill,
photo the front R/L axles,
check DRC,
check trans shifting.

I don't have a VAG COM, but if there were issues, I don't think this would be for sale.

There is the Black one in San Diego with a ton of mods on it and then there is this one that is stock.

FacePalm
March 2nd, 2011, 22:31
That would be great. I wonder if the T-belt was done during the major service mentioned in the ad. If so, this sounds like the one to get. Thanks for the help.

ben916
March 2nd, 2011, 22:34
I can confidently tell you that the 35k TB was performed, the 75k has NOT...
That doesn't say that if time goes by, that he might get it done before selling it.

FacePalm
March 2nd, 2011, 22:43
Got it. Appreciate the info and keep me posted

vitalian
March 2nd, 2011, 23:56
Oh and thanks vitalian for sniping the beast from Barrier. I was going to check it out the day you bought it... ;)

Sorry FacePalm. Rest assured it's in good hands. Good luck with your search!