PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Rs6

surferdude
February 25th, 2011, 16:49
I know it has a salvage title, but relatively cheap for the mileage. Any one know the history? (I'm not thinking of buying it, just thought I'd post it.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-AUDI-RS6-4-2-QUATTRO-BI-TURBO-TURBO-A6-S6-/150566635325?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item230e78873d

ben916
February 25th, 2011, 17:45
New to the VIN list, thanks!

That cut in the back seat shouldn't be that bad.
O2 sensors could be a turn off to some.
Nothing stated about service history or DRC or trans, which in my opinion, the most important items to disclose versus how good you will look behind the wheel.

Speedtrapped might know of this person/car since they are close? Just a guess.

hahnmgh63
February 25th, 2011, 18:13
There is one on Craigslist Las Vegas now for $21.5K with a supposedly new trans. Car looks good in the pics.

skribe
February 26th, 2011, 11:44
"450HP STOCK! AND IT IS NOT THAT BAD ON GAS, BECAUSE TURBOS HELP IT OUT TO MAINTAIN SMOOTH RIDE."

What... the... hell is that supposed to mean.

ttboost
February 26th, 2011, 13:00
It sounded good when he said it in his head...

vitalian
February 26th, 2011, 14:41
I didn't realize that gas mileage was a function of smoothness.

PALETTE
February 26th, 2011, 15:43
"450HP STOCK! AND IT IS NOT THAT BAD ON GAS, BECAUSE TURBOS HELP IT OUT TO MAINTAIN SMOOTH RIDE."

What... the... hell is that supposed to mean.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! guess he is paying 1.20 a gallon somewhere!

speedtrapped
February 28th, 2011, 15:38
nope, dont him, I would remember a mook like that......better gas mileage cause of smooth turbo action, putz. anyway hightstown is about 40 minutes from me if somebody wanted me to check it out.

vitalian
February 28th, 2011, 19:50
Random question: Did many beasts come with white interior? Seems awfully impractical, and makes the interior look like my husband's Grady-White sportfishing boat, IMHO...

V8weight
February 28th, 2011, 19:57
Random question: Did many beasts come with white interior? Seems awfully impractical, and makes the interior look like my husband's Grady-White sportfishing boat, IMHO...
Hey, easy......I happen to like the contrast of the silver interior.

vitalian
February 28th, 2011, 21:04
Hey, easy......I happen to like the contrast of the silver interior.

I agree, silver looks nice. But white?

mmaturo
February 28th, 2011, 22:27
I agree, silver looks nice. But white?

It really is silver...light gray. Just looks lighter in some pics. Its fine. I like mine, and actually prefer it as it really opens up the interior.

vitalian
February 28th, 2011, 23:46
Those must be some very light pics, because it does look white. Plus, the eBay ad itself lists the interior color as "white." Then again, this is the guy who says he gets good gas mileage because his turbos are smooth, so who knows...

hahnmgh63
March 1st, 2011, 00:48
Mine is the silver leather w/ Black trim too, including black dash etc... Looks more white than Silver but I do like the contrasting Silver(Whitish) and black. I have 4 other vehicles with a solid black interior(Cayenne Turbo S, tt, older 911, 944T) so this is a nice change.

4everRS
March 1st, 2011, 03:12
I have "silver" too. It's called silver, but it is really off white. It stays pretty clean actually. It doesn't get beat up by water and sun though like a boat would. Very easy to clean with a little leather cleaner/conditioner every few months. I like it so much, that our Acadia we got recently has almost the same color interior.

skribe
March 1st, 2011, 03:42
Full disclosure: my Avus silver beast has ebony interior. It was the right car for me to buy after a year of looking. But I think the "silver" interior is sexy like a white golf shoe. In other words I kinda wish I had it.

vitalian
March 1st, 2011, 13:29
"Sexy like a white golf shoe" -- What a colorful image (no pun intended)! Throw in a pair of Jack Nicklaus plaid pants and now you're talkin'! (I'm serious.)

hahnmgh63
March 1st, 2011, 18:39
I think what he really meant is "Sexy like a White RS6" :)

vitalian
March 1st, 2011, 21:46
I think what he really meant is "Sexy like a White RS6" :)

No doubt!

bmlee007
March 9th, 2011, 01:49
Hi all. I checked this one out, and bought it. It was front-hit, and the guy spent a ton to get it back on the road. Pretty nicely done too, although there are some runs in the paint work. The interior looked better in the pics than in person, thinking about swapping with the all-black interior of my C5 A6. I like all black better, and won't mind getting the rough transplant dirty as the A6 will remain my work car.

I drove it about 230 miles home, and averaged over 20 mpg with some spirited testing on I-78. It's interesting to watch the display drop to 5 mpg pulling onto the highway and still get 20+ cruising at speed.

I scanned it with vag-com and it returned the O2 code, as well as a need for a new motor mount. Already ordered both from ECS, will have my local guy install when it goes in for safety inspection. Also ordered EBC Redstuff pads. I don't have a track close enough to get in some real action, so I'll just have to enjoy the mountain twisties around home.

It rained the night I drove it home, then turned to snow and ice the next day. I'll post pics after the weather breaks and I make the interior swap.

I consider it well bought, even though it's got an accident history. I could put in about $5k and still be well under average sale price. I'm also realistic in knowing that it will never pull a great resale price should I decide to move it in the future, but I plan on having a lot of fun with it before that happens. It drives well, doesn't pull left or right on the highway, but I'll be changing the tires soon. Seller put on some no-name cheapies to get it on the road, and I have a nice set of Contis in the garage that I didn't have time to get mounted last summer.

speedtrapped
March 9th, 2011, 01:55
Congrads and nice to seed another junkie on board.

ben916
March 9th, 2011, 05:05
Hi all. I checked this one out, and bought it. It was front-hit, and the guy spent a ton to get it back on the road. Pretty nicely done too, although there are some runs in the paint work. The interior looked better in the pics than in person, thinking about swapping with the all-black interior of my C5 A6. I like all black better, and won't mind getting the rough transplant dirty as the A6 will remain my work car.

I drove it about 230 miles home, and averaged over 20 mpg with some spirited testing on I-78. It's interesting to watch the display drop to 5 mpg pulling onto the highway and still get 20+ cruising at speed.

I scanned it with vag-com and it returned the O2 code, as well as a need for a new motor mount. Already ordered both from ECS, will have my local guy install when it goes in for safety inspection. Also ordered EBC Redstuff pads. I don't have a track close enough to get in some real action, so I'll just have to enjoy the mountain twisties around home.

It rained the night I drove it home, then turned to snow and ice the next day. I'll post pics after the weather breaks and I make the interior swap.

I consider it well bought, even though it's got an accident history. I could put in about $5k and still be well under average sale price. I'm also realistic in knowing that it will never pull a great resale price should I decide to move it in the future, but I plan on having a lot of fun with it before that happens. It drives well, doesn't pull left or right on the highway, but I'll be changing the tires soon. Seller put on some no-name cheapies to get it on the road, and I have a nice set of Contis in the garage that I didn't have time to get mounted last summer.

Very nice to see one "rescued" and back on the road!
Could you please remind me of the VIN?

vitalian
March 9th, 2011, 17:44
As Linus said of Charlie Brown's Christmas tree, "All it needs is a little love!"

Congrats on the "rescue" and welcome to the fun!:addict:

bmlee007
March 10th, 2011, 01:35
Thanks for the welcomes. I look forward to spending quality time both here and in the car.

VIN is WUAPV54B23N905357 for the record keeping.

Yeah, I'm a junkie. Speed freak. Live life in the fast lane, even if there isn't one available. That said, I'm not going to rush this project to completion. I've got time. And a daily driver. It's all good.

NYRS6TT
March 10th, 2011, 18:34
check the link that's how your car looked before repairs http://www.usedcarpost.net/Salvage-AUDI-RS6-4-2L-V8-PFI-DOHC-32V-NP-2003_zjwtwxfxwtqwuxtjuflo.html

marklar182
March 10th, 2011, 20:49
check the link that's how your car looked before repairs http://www.usedcarpost.net/Salvage-AUDI-RS6-4-2L-V8-PFI-DOHC-32V-NP-2003_zjwtwxfxwtqwuxtjuflo.html

eek! .........................

DHall1
March 10th, 2011, 20:55
Just a quick look....looks like a easy fix.

Amulet-S6
March 10th, 2011, 21:47
I had that same light grey interior in my Amulet Red C5- S6 Avant. Surprisingly easy to keep clean, even with two young children. I miss that car!

Gustaf
March 10th, 2011, 21:52
Looks like a body shop took it apart before it was determine to be a salvage.

ben916
March 10th, 2011, 23:42
Thanks for the welcomes. I look forward to spending quality time both here and in the car.

VIN is WUAPV54B23N905357 for the record keeping.

Yeah, I'm a junkie. Speed freak. Live life in the fast lane, even if there isn't one available. That said, I'm not going to rush this project to completion. I've got time. And a daily driver. It's all good.

Also, bmlee007, can you update your location on your profile? It helps to know where you are and if someone is close to you, maybe turn a wrench or whatnot...

bmlee007
March 11th, 2011, 01:55
Waiting patiently for the new pads and such to arrive. Itching to get inspected and hit the twisties!

JSRS6
March 11th, 2011, 02:12
Do you know cmore? He also lives there.

bmlee007
March 31st, 2011, 20:18
So I finally got home from another extensive road trip and got to play a little. The fresh coat of snow on the ground was a rude awakening, but I hit some of my favorite roads anyway to wring things out. I had to replace the wiper motor to pass inspection, so the appointment is set for next Friday. It's the end of the month now, and all the shops are booked until then. I'm also replacing the tires with some Conti ExtremeDWs I had in the garage that I had planned to use for the A6. Everything else is ready to go, so the inspection should be a snap. Can't wait to drive it legally (at least, with all of the required documentation.)

This car is gonna be a lot of fun, and I can see it getting me in trouble a time or two, but I'm pretty sure that's why I bought it. Even with the bargain tires, it grips and rips through the roads around my house. A couple quick stabs of the throttle on short straights told me that wheels need balanced, but even so was still pretty calm at speed.

Here are a couple pics from the driveway...
http://img43.imagevenue.com/loc238/th_597034589_DSCF2332_122_238lo.JPG (http://img43.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=597034589_DSCF2332_122_238lo.JPG) http://img228.imagevenue.com/loc51/th_597081249_DSCF2333_122_51lo.JPG (http://img228.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=597081249_DSCF2333_122_51lo.JPG)

And one post-drive, before I hit the car wash...

http://img182.imagevenue.com/loc481/th_596973825_DSCF2331_122_481lo.JPG (http://img182.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=596973825_DSCF2331_122_481lo.JPG)

vitalian
April 1st, 2011, 00:17
Glad you're having a good time with it, and I'm glad the car has a good home!