PDA

View Full Version : In case anyone is looking for a beast

Gustaf
February 25th, 2011, 14:35
I found this one listed this morning that is local to me. I don't know the car or the owner or if he/she is on the board but I thought I would pass along.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/2233611067.html

hahnmgh63
February 25th, 2011, 14:49
Nice looking car from the poor pics in the ad but a little overpriced for todays market. The K&N filter is not an upgrade, just a quicker death to the Mass flow sensors but the MTM chips are a plus.

DHall1
February 25th, 2011, 14:56
Given the low miles, 1 owner, nice couple of mods and detailed vehicle condition.....that is more than fair for a price. It sounds like a beauty.

mmaturo
February 25th, 2011, 17:49
KBB of $34K, keep dreaming Kelly Blue Book. Really wish i had sold mine years ago sometimes. I feel like at 89K miles my car is worthless.

devon
March 1st, 2011, 15:08
I'm going to try to go look at it this week. Might make my move up from my B5 S4 to a RS6:) If I end up buying it, I'll be on here a lot more, so "Hello everyone!".

vitalian
March 1st, 2011, 16:11
I'm going to try to go look at it this week. Might make my move up from my B5 S4 to a RS6:) If I end up buying it, I'll be on here a lot more, so "Hello everyone!".

Do your homework, check those maintainance records very carefully, and good luck! It looks like a nice beast!

devon
March 1st, 2011, 16:19
Do your homework, check those maintainance records very carefully, and good luck! It looks like a nice beast!

Thanks! I will, and I'm bring my friend Christian who has a beast already and knows what to look for. Price seems fair based on mods, miles, and condition? (assuming there's no tranny codes or other red flags).

vitalian
March 1st, 2011, 16:26
Assuming the car is as nice and well-maintained as advertised (and assuming, as you note, there are no tranny issues, turbo problems, or DRC nightmares), I don't think the price is totally insane. It ain't cheap, and you could probably find a better deal, but there aren't a ton of these cars, so pricing is kinda subjective, IMHO...

JSRS6
March 1st, 2011, 16:40

That's what I switched from. Never looked back, I love it.

mmaturo
March 1st, 2011, 16:45
offer less. not sure if there was mention of warranty but you will need one...that's $3 to $5K more. And yes you need one. To me the price is a bit high by a few K. ...there is plenty out there and it is a waiting game (shooting myself in the foot here). The car will still drop like a rock in value as you add miles so don't just eat it. Trade in/auction prices for a car like that would be surprisingly low. But if it is in great shape cosmetically and the trans is ok....its a fantastic car with the really the only necessary mods already. I would prefer a car that was not already pushing 500+hp through the transmission but that's me. I'm sensitive that way.

Gustaf
March 2nd, 2011, 14:32
Devon,
Do you or your friend have a VAGCOM device? If so, I would make sure you scan the car for any potential codes. I did this on mine and got the seller to cover the cost of the TC replacement.
If you don't have one, let me know. I am local to the car and can help out.
Dave

ben916
March 2nd, 2011, 18:19
... there aren't a ton of these cars...

so wait until the right one comes along...
Just when you think that there aren't any low mileage ones out there, sure as $hit a 18k mile one (Yreka) or a 23k mile (Keyser Soza) one shows up.
The craziest one was an 85 mile one in Oregon!!! (I can't remember who purchased this one)

vitalian
March 2nd, 2011, 18:31
"Keyser Soza"? Like in "The Usual Suspects"?

ben916
March 2nd, 2011, 19:03
"Keyser Soza"? Like in "The Usual Suspects"?

Yep, Verbal Kint... :)