PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug / Software Survey

terrytcl
February 23rd, 2011, 16:29
Just trying to see what people are using and with what software... and if you are getting any misfires.

I'll start.

NGK BKR8EIX (2668) with REVO (boost at 8, timing at 4)

hahnmgh63
February 23rd, 2011, 16:50
Terry, you should run Vagcom Groups 20(knock sensor cyl 1-4) & 21(cyl 5-8). I was getting timing pull back with boost set at 7 and timing at 4 with 92 Octane. If you get numbers higher than 3 regularly at any RPM's in these groups you have too much timing or boost. They talk about this in the back of the Revo SPS users manual. I finally have done a bunch of logs with mine at different settings.

terrytcl
February 23rd, 2011, 17:16
hm... i'll have to take a look - i think the original revo settings were 6 boost and 4 timing.

thanks mark

what plugs are you using with your revo?

i think i'm going to go with the FMU software as soon as the intakes are completed and i head down there to pick mine up.
wonder if there's a way to sell the REVO flash and configuration tool to a new RS6 owner.

hahnmgh63
February 23rd, 2011, 18:53
I'm using the OEM NGK's (PFR7Q) with a .030" gap. I tried Denso Iridiums and found no difference and then I noticed on the Denso website that there change interval was less than OEM's so when I did my coilpacks I just swapped back to the NGK's.

terrytcl
February 24th, 2011, 19:42
how about people running the FMU software?

what plugs are you guys running?

4everRS
February 24th, 2011, 21:04
Just replaced mine with stock NGK's running APR. Gapped at .026.

Not sure if anyone has FMU software, but they run plasma coilpacks on their project rs6. They are great but you'll need a loan from your 401k to buy them. The new 1.8 coilpacks are also very good but you'll need to trim a little and get hold downs as they only come as a push on. I'm mentioning coilpacks as they are the weakspot in our ignition system.

terrytcl
February 24th, 2011, 21:39
F version coilpacks, like this?
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_A4-Quattro-2.0T/Engine/Ignition/ES260103/

with this?
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Coil/ES260956/

hahnmgh63
February 24th, 2011, 21:55
Terry, my 225bhp 1.8t tt uses the 115E version coilpack as our car and the tt guys (I am obviously one of them) think in general that the Hitachi 115E is the best of the coilpacks out there. Notice in the ECS add is says the "F" version: superscedes the "A","B" "C" and "D" versions but doesn't mention the "E" version. And for the Hitachi made "E" version ECS ad says: Most recent coil pack revision from Audi/Volkswagen. Solve those random mis-fires and hesitation problems caused by coil packs manufactured between 2000 and late 2002.