PDA

View Full Version : Way off OT: Anyone with experience with 07-08 Wrangler??

twinsteve
February 22nd, 2011, 12:06
Looking to get an 07 or 08 Wrangler Unlimited as around town/kid mobile (I have 2...)....any one have opinions on these? I have test driven several and like...

sallyh
February 24th, 2011, 10:15
Hi

Well, very off topic! I've got a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Diesel 5 speed auto. with
Renegrade option. Great for lugging stuff/ 3 kids/lots of animals. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. Cheap to service, although twice a year due to diesel. About to get an ECU tune for it just to beat those Cayennes at the lights! Lots of torque with the diesel, simple, rugged car that can go off road extremely well. Iconic.

Best wishes if you get one.

RSSIK
March 31st, 2011, 19:29
I am the General Manager of a dealership in NJ and i actually have 3 Wranglers here 2 of which are the 07 unlimiteds. One is a Sahara edition and the other an Unlimited X. Sahara is maroon soft top with 67k auto and the unlimited X is Green with hard top 5 speed. I am willing to swap tops if you prefer one or the other. let me know if you have any other questions. www.towneautosaleslongbranch.com (http://www.towneautosaleslongbranch.com) 732-222-2280

bmlee007
March 31st, 2011, 20:29
I had one for a rental in Hawaii and really enjoyed it. Beat the crap out of it, but it never felt like we did anything damaging.

"Hey, what's on the other side of this hill?"
"Let me check...Oh, nothing. Well, the ocean really. Better back down and find another way home."

I had an older wrangler when I lived in Florida. Only ever put the top on in *cough, cough* winter. Not sure you'd get away with that in Atlanta, but great fun nonetheless.