PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat getting replaced...what more should I do?

Born2be
February 20th, 2011, 23:54
At the shop now waiting for Fidelity rep to authorize.

Timing belt done at 35k
Current mileage 55k
Just had 55k service done

Any thoughts of what else I should have them do on my dime while they're in there?

Thanks.

W>

ben916
February 21st, 2011, 01:58
you know what I think :) I/C

V8weight
February 21st, 2011, 02:10
Like Ben said, this would be a good time to upgrade or replace the intercoolers, or do the Venair hoses since they're easily accessible at that point. I personally would replace the water pump since it is not replaced during the 35k service.

DHall1
February 21st, 2011, 05:51
Pull the invoice for 35k service. Make sure all the rollers and idler pulleys were changed along with timing belt.

If above was done then...

1. Replace the timing belt. I would not reuse the old belt.
2. Have the tech inspect the two small rollers.
3. Have the tech inspect the waterpump for any signs of seeping or leaking. (Then Fidelity can pay for wp)
4. Have the tech inspect both intercoolers for any signs of leakage. (signs will leave a trail of oil debris on the intercooler core seams.) Again, Fidelity can pay if they are leaking and they will be.

Done.

ben916
February 21st, 2011, 06:03
Pull the invoice for 35k service. Make sure all the rollers and idler pulleys were changed along with timing belt.

If above was done then...

1. Replace the timing belt. I would not reuse the old belt.
2. Have the tech inspect the two small rollers.
3. Have the tech inspect the waterpump for any signs of seeping or leaking. (Then Fidelity can pay for wp)
4. Have the tech inspect both intercoolers for any signs of leakage. (signs will leave a trail of oil debris on the intercooler core seams.) Again, Fidelity can pay if they are leaking and they will be.

Done.

Wade and I installed the Apikol RDM and Sportec cooling mod to the belly pan last week.
This was at the same day as "SNAP, SHIT" thread...

It was noted that there was oil on the outside right side flexible tube of the I/C.
Upon inspection with a flashlight of the I/C from the bumper, there was a 2" circle of oil/dirt on the I/C.
We decided to remove the tube to check for oil and sure as $hit, there was oil, about 1/2 cup or more.

Good point on the old belt...

Wade, get those photos up here...

Born2be
February 21st, 2011, 16:08
1102211021Sir, yes Sir.....

Born2be
February 21st, 2011, 19:56
Update from the SC:

"...also for your future reference: leaks by the extended warranties are defined by active leaks to a drip, seepage and residue is not considered active leaks<O:p></O:p>
<O:p> </O:p>
In speaking with the technician the oil inside is due to a set of failed check valves, which we do have set for inspection as well.<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
<O:p>W> </O:p>

DHall1
February 22nd, 2011, 03:19
The leaks pictured are not leaks from the intercooler core seams. As noted from the dealer reply, check valves could explain the blowby oil inside the tubes. Check valves/pcv needs to be inspected.

1102211021Sir, yes Sir.....

Born2be
February 22nd, 2011, 03:36
Thanks for all your feedback.

W>