PDA

View Full Version : OT- Small World

MaxRS6
February 17th, 2011, 03:13
Soooo- the other day a friend sends a link for a Porsche track car that is for sale in TX. I'm not exactly in the market but look at the link. I forward the link to our resident expert Guru (do I need to even mention the Great Pat's name). Pat provides back a page worth of notes and comments on his quick look at the link and pics. With that input, I round canned the idea.

Tonight- Pat calls me. One of his customers called him describing a car they had just purchased. You guessed it- the details of the car rings a bell with Pat and it is in fact the same car. The client now has it on the way to Pat's shop for a laundry list of items. They shoulda called Pat first is all I will say.. :)

V8weight
February 17th, 2011, 03:48
LOL, thanks for the endorsement Randy. Doesn't it feel great knowing that you bothered to make an inquiry or two before plopping down money on a whim?

MaxRS6
February 17th, 2011, 03:52
You got that right...Guess I'll just have to take the RS6 onto TWS this weekend- have to make do.. :)

Thanks again for your input and I always enjoy our conversations. Come to Arkansas and collect some beer and grub...

4everRS
February 17th, 2011, 04:18
Great story. I always wonder why some people just don't ask about stuff like this. I just bought a GMC Acadia (hey, it's what she wanted) for the misses and called the 2 dealerships that had done service to the car to make sure there wasn't something messed up with it. That way I could make an informed decision. Now I just have to wait for it to get shipped from NC.

JSRS6
February 17th, 2011, 04:22
Great story. I always wonder why some people just don't ask about stuff like this. I just bought a GMC Acadia (hey, it's what she wanted) for the misses and called the 2 dealerships that had done service to the car to make sure there wasn't something messed up with it. That way I could make an informed decision. Now I just have to wait for it to get shipped from NC.

Did she opt for the hemi?

4everRS
February 17th, 2011, 04:50
hehe, nope. Of course only chrysler has the hemi. The Acadia has a 3.6 v6. Not a terrible engine. 275 hp. Wonder if Jerry at EC can tune it? It's really just going to be a family hauler for us. It does have the bells and whistles, nav, backup cam, dvd, panoramic roof, tow package, heads up display, awd(of course) 19" wheels, blah blah blah.
Did she opt for the hemi?

ben916
February 17th, 2011, 05:58
LOL, thanks for the endorsement Randy. Doesn't it feel great knowing that you bothered to make an inquiry or two before plopping down money on a whim?

PERFECT! Pat, can you possibly shed some light/knowledge on a 1997 Porsche Turbo S and why the hell it is $275k for a 14yo Porsche????

ttboost
February 17th, 2011, 11:39
PERFECT! Pat, can you possibly shed some light/knowledge on a 1997 Porsche Turbo S and why the hell it is $275k for a 14yo Porsche????

1997 is the last year off the air cooled turbo Porsches. The Turbo "S" is the very top of the line too...oh, and some people just want too much for their stuff...

4everRS
February 17th, 2011, 12:48
well, there were less than 200 of them ever sold. Collector

skribe
February 17th, 2011, 15:47
Yes, the last of the air-cooled 911's... 993-series Turbo S is the just ultimate ultimate 911 for the purists. So rare, probably 150 exist in the world.

Don't know which particular car you're referring to, but $275k is the Seinfeld price. But if Jerry doesn't pay it, somebody else probably will.

speedtrapped
February 17th, 2011, 16:20
I am thiiisssss close to getting a new set of keys....and the seller i know, trust, and is 40 minutes from me!...just waiting on the buyer of the S8 to pull trigger(happy, manheim results for abv average 2007 s8, sold $52k at auction!)

ben916
February 17th, 2011, 16:50
Yes, the last of the air-cooled 911's... 993-series Turbo S is the just ultimate ultimate 911 for the purists. So rare, probably 150 exist in the world.

Don't know which particular car you're referring to, but $275k is the Seinfeld price. But if Jerry doesn't pay it, somebody else probably will.

Here ya go, Skribe-ster
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/22220-Question-regarding-a-1997-Porsche-911-Turbo-S

vitalian
February 17th, 2011, 17:44
Ben, if you think Barrier Motors in Bellevue is overpriced (and it is), Park Place Ltd. is the mother of all overpriced Bellevue car dealerships...or the whole universe for that matter. Have looked at cars there several times in the past, and they're always asking far more for their cars than comparable cars anywhere else. Heck, I bet they charge $20 for a cup of bad coffee in their lobby. Snooty buggers, too. Every time I've been there they looked at me like I wasn't worthy to peer into the windows of their overpriced inventory, let alone actually take a test drive of anything.

speedtrapped, whatcha buyin'?!

speedtrapped
February 17th, 2011, 17:51
well i tend to be superstitous, but what the hell.....I am hopefully selling S8 today/tomorrow and will be replacing it with a 02' 996TT, 13800 miles....i will have pics up shortly, cherry condition(and a little faster then stock)

ben916
February 17th, 2011, 17:52
I have been in to PPL before and they didn't give me the time of day, not that I was purchasing, more of drooling...
I wonder what they would do if I pulled up on a Veyron? or a 69 Hemi Daytona? Or a Shelby Daytona? or a 1984 GTO?

I bet their story would change and then I would give them the big ol' fat middle finger.

vitalian
February 17th, 2011, 17:56
Ben, if you do that, bring me along for the ride and I'll give 'em a double bird. I have a buddy who'd probably let us borrow his fully restored '66 GTO, that might do the trick!

speedtrapped, sounds sweeeeeeeeeet, fingers crossed!

Chung
February 17th, 2011, 18:06
I looked at a couple of RS6s at Park Place and they would also not give me the time of day. Plus they are crazy overpriced. I assume more of their cars sell for much below the asking price.

It is a fun place to look at cars though. Where else are you going to see Spykers, LM002, Carrera GT, and more.

ben916
February 17th, 2011, 18:12
I looked at a couple of RS6s at Park Place and they would also not give me the time of day. Plus they are crazy overpriced. I assume more of their cars sell for much below the asking price.

It is a fun place to look at cars though. Where else are you going to see Spykers, LM002, Carrera GT, and more.

http://www.symbolicmotors.com (http://www.symbolicmotors.com/)

edit: you mean in Seattle/Bellevue/Kirkland area - yep, you got that right...