PDA

View Full Version : Question: What is "Snap, Shit"?

Born2be
February 16th, 2011, 19:25
Answer:

The noises from under the hood of Ben916's RS6 as he torqued down the LAST bolt on his new coil pack install...

:mech:

W>

skribe
February 16th, 2011, 19:31
HAHAHAHA! At least he didn't drop anything into the turbo this time.
Ben, you need a red phone direct to the pat cave.

ben916
February 16th, 2011, 19:48
Ah, there is nothing quite like the feeling of accomplishment to be utterly destroyed in a millisecond with a single sound of threads being snapped with 75 in/lb on the coilpack bolt...
(I had called Pat about the tq spec on the Apikol, but he was in the middle of a lake sliding around in a 944)

V8weight
February 16th, 2011, 19:57
HAHAHAHA! At least he didn't drop anything into the turbo this time.
Ben, you need a red phone direct to the pat cave.
There's a downpipe swap scheduled at the Pat cave this weekend that may interest you ;)

skribe
February 16th, 2011, 20:10
There's a downpipe swap scheduled at the Pat cave this weekend that may interest you ;)

Indeed it does. Pat gets things done.

Are you guys going with the bung-relocation route or the program around it route?

V8weight
February 16th, 2011, 20:12
Indeed it does. Pat gets things done.

Are you guys going with the bung-relocation route or the program around it route?
He has the APR file, so no relocation necessary.

V8weight
February 16th, 2011, 20:13
We have a full day.....New downpipes, O2 sensors, spark plugs, injector o-rings and coil packs.

vitalian
February 16th, 2011, 20:17
Sounds romantic...

JSRS6
February 16th, 2011, 20:26
Sounds romantic...

:hihi::hihi:

ben916
February 16th, 2011, 22:00
Sounds romantic...

I am just gonna go ahead, mkay, and leave this one alone...

4everRS
February 16th, 2011, 22:15
Sounds romantic...oh hell. My wife is already having a field day with this. So I tell her "I am heading down to Pat's to do some work to the beast". She says "isn't that cute, you guys getting together the week of valentines day, is there something your hiding from me". So I tell her she's a freak.

vitalian
February 16th, 2011, 22:46
Tell me about it. When I was checking my smart phone every 5 seconds when all you nice fellas were sending me information/advice when I was buying my RS6, my husband kept needling me, "are you talking to your new gearhead boyfriends again?" (I'll be sure and remember that the next time he spends the whole day at West Marine buying stuff for his boat...)

In any event, I can think of things that would be far less romantic than spending a whole day working on an RS6 (*winks*). :R8kiss:

V8weight
February 16th, 2011, 23:31
oh hell. My wife is already having a field day with this. So I tell her "I am heading down to Pat's to do some work to the beast". She says "isn't that cute, you guys getting together the week of valentines day, is there something your hiding from me". So I tell her she's a freak.
On my birthday no less.....Rachel asked what I wanted to do for my birthday, I had to let her know I already had plans.

4everRS
February 17th, 2011, 00:11
I'll bring the beer. Rachel can join us! I'm sure this is exactly what she wants to do with her Saturday.
On my birthday no less.....Rachel asked what I wanted to do for my birthday, I had to let her know I already had plans.

nistah
February 17th, 2011, 02:36
my husband kept needling me

Just curious: are you female? In any event, cheers on the new purchase and welcome to the club!

SAF
February 17th, 2011, 05:32
Just curious: are you female? In any event, cheers on the new purchase and welcome to the club!

Ya think?

nistah
February 17th, 2011, 05:55
Ya think?

I do...but I asked b/c I assume nothing. These days we have gay marrige in DC and several other states last I checked - so you never know. I'll go on record thinking it's cool to have female gearheads among us:)

vitalian
February 17th, 2011, 15:13
Yes ,for the record I do not have a Y chromosome. Some of us girls love cars too! Totally loving my RS6...when I can manage to pry the keys out of my husband's death grip. He didn't even want me to buy the beast and now he begs me to drive it every day...go figure!

vitalian
February 17th, 2011, 16:06

And here's my baby.:addict:

ben916
February 17th, 2011, 16:44
Yes ,for the record I do not have a Y chromosome. Some of us girls love cars too! Totally loving my RS6...when I can manage to pry the keys out of my husband's death grip. He didn't even want me to buy the beast and now he begs me to drive it every day...go figure!

He will have to get his own...
The begging could be useful when mods/upgrades are on the horizon...

vitalian
February 17th, 2011, 17:19
He will have to get his own...
The begging could be useful when mods/upgrades are on the horizon...

Eeeeexcellent, Smithers! Will keep that tip in the hip pocket for sure.

JSRS6
February 17th, 2011, 17:31
Eeeeexcellent, Smithers! Will keep that tip in the hip pocket for sure.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

eurotunedrs6
February 17th, 2011, 17:35
Your car matches mine vitalian. Maybe ill see you around town. Did you buy it directly from Barrier?

vitalian
February 17th, 2011, 17:48
Your car matches mine vitalian. Maybe ill see you around town. Did you buy it directly from Barrier?

Yes, and spent a whole day dickering with them.

DHall1
February 18th, 2011, 04:42
Glad you like the car. As a side note my wife drives our E55 AMG (that I have a secret tune file installed) and I can hardly ever get the keys from her. "go put miles on your car" is the common phrase or "give me the keys to your car" the other quote.

I typically only see the car when it needs washed, detailed or serviced. But I get my moneys worth. hehe

RS5_Power
February 18th, 2011, 05:16
A little off topic. Does anyone knows if does exist windows that are capable of becoming black at a switch of a button? How much does it cost and what company makes them?
I saw some years ago a Citroen prototype to this technology and i was wondering about that.
I imagined a cop stoping me and saying why do you have black windows and before i stopped switched them to clear visibily and saying: no sir i do not have something like that:))))

JSRS6
February 18th, 2011, 11:17
I know it is POSSIBLE, as they have made flexible LCD panels in labs. It would be pretty fragile, though.

hahnmgh63
February 18th, 2011, 14:04
Oh they are very possible and in use today but a custom set would cost a fortune. The Boeing 787 airliner has them instead of slide up/slide down window shades. Some upper end office buildings have them. A certain high level Microsoft exec has them on his house on Lake Washington.

JSRS6
February 18th, 2011, 14:29
Oh they are very possible and in use today but a custom set would cost a fortune. The Boeing 787 airliner has them instead of slide up/slide down window shades. Some upper end office buildings have them. A certain high level Microsoft exec has them on his house on Lake Washington.

Exactly, and in all those applications, the material is in between panes of glass or pc. The only viable way, as you said, would be for a custom dual-pane window made for our cars, with the material in between. That would be outrageously expensive. Just like up-armoring our cars(I got bored one day in Iraq and got a quote).

twinsteve
February 18th, 2011, 15:31
Exactly, and in all those applications, the material is in between panes of glass or pc. The only viable way, as you said, would be for a custom dual-pane window made for our cars, with the material in between. That would be outrageously expensive. Just like up-armoring our cars(I got bored one day in Iraq and got a quote).

How much to armor?

JSRS6
February 18th, 2011, 15:45
How much to armor?

Haha, do you really want to know??? IIRC, it was around 80-100k for the full package for up to .45cal pistol or 5.56 rifle(non-AP). This included all windows and sunroof, doors, window frames, roof liner, floorboards, engine compartment, trunk and boot were extra. Uprated suspension to handle the extra weight, armored tires. Their armor and glass is proprietary, and a good deal lighter than Conventional. They can make their glass to the same thickness as regular glass.

They also Increase engine output so that the car still has the same power to weight ratio as before.

www.armormax.com

Chung
February 18th, 2011, 15:59
It isn't black but I guess it has been installed in cars before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_glass
"Smart glass has been used in some small-production cars. The Ferrari 575 M Superamerica (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_575M_Maranello#Superamerica) had an electrochromic roof as standard, and the Maybach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maybach_57_and_62) has a PDLC roof as option. Some Polyvision Privacy Glass has been applied in the Maybach 62 car for privacy protection purposes."

RS5_Power
February 22nd, 2011, 09:25
Thank you guys. I really want that in a car, it's fantastic because i need my privacy in a car, especially when are girls involved...
Maybe in the future cars will be like this, like the new SLK, all windows to be like the sunroof...