PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Used set of front brake pads.

SteveKen
February 15th, 2011, 18:06
I think I've asked this before within another thread.

I just need them with enough meat on them to satisfy my driving needs until summer when I'll spring for new rotors and pads.

Anyone out there?

ben916
February 15th, 2011, 18:15
I have a set but they are toast ( 5 rivets poking thru each and tearing the $hit out of the rotor surface)

Brav
February 15th, 2011, 20:14
I may have some used for 1500 miles. EBC Reds, will know in a few days if I will reuse them or switch.

SteveKen
February 15th, 2011, 21:08
Thanks Brav. Please let me know.

Anyone else out there, too???

JSRS6
February 15th, 2011, 21:14
Sorry, if id known, i would have held on to mine back when i did mine.

hahnmgh63
February 15th, 2011, 21:17
I have a new set of front & rear EBC Reds I'll put up for best offers. I am doing new rotors, Phaeton ducts, and EBC Yellows this weekend and had already purchased the Reds but now have decided to go with the yellows.

SteveKen
February 15th, 2011, 21:37
Unless I can resurface them when I get new rotors, I'm afraid it's not worth it to get new ones. I'd buy the new rotors now but don't want them to sit and oxidize while the car is being converted.

Just some leftovers should do me fine for a few hundred miles. The vagina light came on just this weekend.

hahnmgh63
February 15th, 2011, 22:05
I've had a new set of rotors on my shelft for two years and they have not rusted, they come with a light coating of oil on them like most. I spray off both sides of the rotors with "Brake Clean" before installing them to get the oil off. Stock up on rotors when you find the good deal, rust shouldn't be a problem.