PDA

View Full Version : Audi RS5 Facelift

Pages : [1] 2

Fehli
February 13th, 2011, 08:28
Hallo together,

becomes the RS5 in November or later a Facelift?
The A5 Facelift is on the IAA in September to see but the RS5?
What do you think change Audi by the A5 or RS5, perhaps new lights?

LittleDevil
February 15th, 2011, 06:41
From what I heave heard yes. I think.

- new front grill
- new lights (I hope for full LED in the front - optional)
- interior change

Kind Regards

Fehli
February 15th, 2011, 08:14
New lights on the front, okay full LED would be nice but ...

I think also a new MMI, the MMI from the A7.

Audi must have an answer for the new C Coupe its a nice car.

LittleDevil
February 15th, 2011, 08:23
Yes it will be nice if some interior changes will be done.

From my info production of new A4/A5 starts in November 2011. RS5 February 2012, and first cars will be available April 2012.

Kind Regards

Fehli
February 15th, 2011, 08:37
I found something to the facelift:

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_6506.shtml

Fehli
February 15th, 2011, 08:58
Really, RS5 February 2012 to have in Germany? So long not earlier?
I hope on the end of the year:RS5fan:

ZeroRisk
February 15th, 2011, 13:25
I found something to the facelift:

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_6506.shtml

Old news, just one guys speculation. Nothing definite., just more rumours.

I'll believe it when I see it - glad I took delivery last month. I absolutely love my RS5, and will get to enjoy it for at least a year (but I'm betting longer) before I need to think about an upgrade. I'm betting on them building the Quattro Concept - I'll be happy to trade up to that!

RXBG
February 15th, 2011, 13:51
i also expect the FL A4/A5 in 2013 MY. not sure how that will affect the RS5 in the states.

darkop
February 15th, 2011, 17:20
i also expect the FL A4/A5 in 2013 MY. not sure how that will affect the RS5 in the states.
How can you expect it only in MY 2013 when we are already running MY2011 which is 4th year of production! So what goes after 4th year of production??
Bravo! - The FACELIFT!!!
ps. Are we going to go on and on about this, when everything is so simple that it's really funny and annoying when someone gets it wrong, on and on again! (am not saying about you RXBG!)

Best
D

AndyBG
February 15th, 2011, 19:29
How can you expect it only in MY 2013 when we are already running MY2011 which is 4th year of production! So what goes after 4th year of production??
Bravo! - The FACELIFT!!!
ps. Are we going to go on and on about this, when everything is so simple that it's really funny and annoying when someone gets it wrong, on and on again! (am not saying about you RXBG!)

Best
D

Once again, same opinion as main... This is getting scarry... :D

youry
March 13th, 2011, 14:20
recent info from Switzerland is that orders for current RS5 cannot be placed anylonger.... RS5 facleift orderabel as of August 2011.... sounds weird to stop for a while the orders.... or matybe its just in that country that they went over their quota.... as in other countries i belive orders can still be placed...

what I hope for RS5 owners is that we will be able to upgrade easility with some mods on our cars or that changes are so small that one would not care...

can you imagine all the RS5 owners buyign a car at 100 K EUR and less than one year later have ign an old car.... this is matter to send a bomb to Ingolstadt...

darkop
March 13th, 2011, 14:35
recent info from Switzerland is that orders for current RS5 cannot be placed anylonger.... RS5 facleift orderabel as of August 2011.... sounds weird to stop for a while the orders.... or matybe its just in that country that they went over their quota.... as in other countries i belive orders can still be placed...

what I hope for RS5 owners is that we will be able to upgrade easility with some mods on our cars or that changes are so small that one would not care...

can you imagine all the RS5 owners buyign a car at 100 K EUR and less than one year later have ign an old car.... this is matter to send a bomb to Ingolstadt...

Don't worry man! It won't be noticeable that much! Think of TT-RS facelift that happened last year!
You should have expected it anyways, as we are running 4th year of production for A5 and a facelift was due and inevitable!
Cheers!

LittleDevil
March 13th, 2011, 15:32
Steering wheel will be for sure different which is already in ETKA and also alot of other things (MMI, lights, new grill....etc etc).

RXBG
March 13th, 2011, 15:49
i guess the us will get the facelift as a MY 2012. audi is finally ramping things up to get the us in line with the eu. good for audi.

yes. i think there'll be minor changes only as in the Tt facelift.

Fehli
March 13th, 2011, 16:00
I think we see a new RS5, new front new lights and a new MMI inside!

Is that true order from August 2011?

youry
March 13th, 2011, 16:45
Steering wheel will be for sure different which is already in ETKA and also alot of other things (MMI, lights, new grill....etc etc).

in ETKA the pictures don't correspond to reality.... and even for model year 2012. only ref 7 has a ref number which is same as current...

Joker
March 14th, 2011, 07:53
Here's an idea for you lot to chew over.

Imagine if Audi with the introduction of the facelift model also offered a RS5-PLUS, similar to what is being done with the TT. Only instead of a power hike they just switch panels, seats, wheels, etc to make it lighter and more responsive, a driver's version of this Grand Tourer. What an idea that would be.

Oh well, we can all dream can't we. Did you hear that Audi. :hahahehe:

RXBG
March 14th, 2011, 19:17
Here's an idea for you lot to chew over.

Imagine if Audi with the introduction of the facelift model also offered a RS5-PLUS, similar to what is being done with the TT. Only instead of a power hike they just switch panels, seats, wheels, etc to make it lighter and more responsive, a driver's version of this Grand Tourer. What an idea that would be.

Oh well, we can all dream can't we. Did you hear that Audi. :hahahehe:

i wouldn't be surprised. a harbinger of the next gen. give it same engine and gearbox but kill 300lbs. it would be somewhere between an R8 V8 and V10 except for the weight distribution.

Joker
March 14th, 2011, 19:35
i wouldn't be surprised. a harbinger of the next gen. give it same engine and gearbox but kill 300lbs. it would be somewhere between an R8 V8 and V10 except for the weight distribution.

I reckon it's extremely likely to happen, it mightn't happen straight away with with the facelift model but I bet it will come at the time that the F30 M3 gets launched.

There's fundamentally nothing wrong with the sum of the parts that make up the RS5, in fact I would go as far as to say it's technically the most advanced in this category with the best engine, best gearbox and best chassis, the only thing missing is lightness, the car is crying out to go on a diet. If Audi could help it lose 100-120kg this could be a quite remarkable car to drive.

Fehli
March 28th, 2011, 14:23
Any new news about the facelift, to order at August 2011?
What about the Quote in Swiss?

RXBG
March 28th, 2011, 19:44
probably nothing till frankfurt. shanghai and new york are at the same time (in a month).... and if we are lucky we'll see the S6/S7 or S8. but in all reality we may not see any of these. just a hybrid concept of the next A3.

MPT
March 30th, 2011, 19:26
Have Audi accidentally slipped the new A5 interior, or part of it?

Take a look: http://www.worldcarfans.com/111033031210/audi-introduces-a5-e-tron-quattro-plug-in-hybrid-prototype/highphotos#5

Also photo of tacho/FIS/speedo. Steering wheel also looks like the one found on the mounting-guide..

M

darkop
March 30th, 2011, 20:20
haha, could be!! Did you notice the LED strip position on that graphic of the car?

http://cdn1.worldcarfans.co/2011/3/30/large/90088780150206231.jpg

rs4some
March 31st, 2011, 04:58
car also seems to have updated center console with built in arm rest and 1 cup holder. Looks much nicer than the current A5 spec

MPT
March 31st, 2011, 12:05
rs4some Well, what do you think i was talking about? That's the only thing changed besides instrument cluster and steering wheel...

Regarding LEDs, it look like they are changed, but i cant tell if it's just a reflection..

ChicagoAudi
March 31st, 2011, 18:10
One of the major questions I have regarding the planned facelift or product improvement, in Audi-speak, of the A/S 5 is with respect to the basic MLB (MLP for the English speaking world). Much has been written about Audi's efforts to reduce product weight and several sources suggest that the A5 e-tron utilizes one of the lightweight platforms featured in Audi's idea factory articles. If that's the case, I am lead to believe that the first stages of Audi's MLB-evo will appear with the planned product improvement. Even a reduction of 100 kgs will have a positive benefit on performance and fuel economy.

Fehli
April 8th, 2011, 19:45
New LED's on the back:

http://www.motorauthority.com/pictures/1058085_spy-shots-2012-audi-s5-facelift_gallery-1#100346028

youry
April 8th, 2011, 20:56
well if that is the facelift that means that for RS5 you ll just need to replace the lights and that's it.... good news.... i was fearing for more than that....

RXBG
April 8th, 2011, 21:38
interesting that they are testing an S5 on the ring again. could be an update to 350 hp V6T?

darkop
April 8th, 2011, 21:59
interesting that they are testing an S5 on the ring again. could be an update to 350 hp V6T?
Exactly, but probably not with 350 but 333ps .

Fehli
April 8th, 2011, 22:43
well if that is the facelift that means that for RS5 you ll just need to replace the lights and that's it.... good news.... i was fearing for more than that....

I think it is not a small Facelift for the RS5 new front new back and inside many new things ...
I hope I can order him in August/September.
And the Facelift RS5 comes to the states early 2012, that's why Audi so long wait the bring the Facelift to the US.

rs4some
April 9th, 2011, 00:05
Hoping that the new facelift incorporates the new grill and headlight design of the A6. Should also have new interior console as per the image above.

Ritchy
April 9th, 2011, 07:01
I've heard (from germany) of minor changes. First RS5 FL delivery on september 2012. MMI, lights and that's almost all.

As you can see on a simple S5, no significant changes. They are even going to do less with the RS5, for sure. Just have a look on the TT-RS FL.

Fehli
April 9th, 2011, 08:11
First delivery on September 2012, it is to late, I think the first comes in November 2011 in Germany or you means the market in US?
The new back and the new front becomes the RS5 and I hope for the new MMI with telephone online and google maps?!

darkop
April 9th, 2011, 10:47
Also a video where you can clearly hear there is no more V8 in S5...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0XDy3LZtdg

Joker
April 9th, 2011, 14:04
I got it confirm from someone who definitely knows and the S5 is getting the v6TFSI. Other interesting info was the basic shape of the new A3 is similar to the current in that the 3dr hatch looks like a hatch and not a 3dr coupe like early suggestions, the same goes for the Sportback.

More interestingly was when I asked about the rumored v8TFSI going into the new S6 he said that the development S6 he seen was running a v10. Your guess is as good as mine about this. :vhmmm: As for the bi-turbo diesel, it's now looking to be more likely that the UK will get it in the new year but he added that Audi UK are being tight lipped about there even being a more powerful diesel so maybe this date might come forward within the next few weeks, afterall there's no official statement from Audi that this unit even exsist.

P.S.
The dual park assist modes are very impressive, this technology has come on greatly in the last couple of years and the car drives remarkably well, the 245hp TDI has plenty on go in it, much more than you would expect.

Fehli
April 9th, 2011, 14:42
Perhaps that MMI comes in the A5 Facelift:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/07/next-generation-audi-mmi-touch-dashboard-with-nvidia-tegra-power/

You see an S5 on the screen

LittleDevil
April 9th, 2011, 17:00
I think new MMI will be in new A5/S5/RS5 like it was posted in that video.

I also think there will be new rear + front lights and new front grille.

I got info from dealer about FL RS5, that production starts February 2012 and first models will be in April 2012.

Kind Regards

Fehli
April 9th, 2011, 21:27
When the RS5 becomes full LED's on the front that would be great?!
I hope this new MMI comes in the A5.

What do you think when we can order the Facelift RS5 in November?

Fehli
April 10th, 2011, 07:05
Stop Audi the production in August/September for the RS5 that would be the first time and then comes the new RS5 Facelift in February?
I don't hope so late.

LittleDevil
May 5th, 2011, 21:58
Google translate from motor talk.

Hi,
finally, there was yet so an internal PDF, it was originally in the subject to delivery delays caused by paint additives.
From the PDF also showed that the RS5 with 4.2 FSI no longer be ordered. I read also the following message:
Motor side is in the RS model, the Audi A5 series is probably the new 4.0-liter V8, the Bentley Continental will celebrate its premiere in the coming S6 and could be installed, used.
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/.../...-den-audi-a5-s5-3709532.html
Of the new 4.0-liter V8 in the Bentley Continental is a TDI with 420 PS: http://qarsi.de/.../...ntinental-gt-erste-infos-zum-neuen-40-tfsi . html
Is the 4.2 FSI actually exchanged against the 4.0 TFSI, the RS5 is no longer with the 4.2 FSI and 450 PS therefore ordered?
mfg
chris

youry
May 5th, 2011, 22:05
we all know an RS car dioes not change its engine that was just developped, so that will not happened ans was confimred many many times by qisha... if RS5 cannot be ordered its just because fo the facelft coming up that' all

Fehli
May 11th, 2011, 21:39
I got info from dealer about FL RS5, that production starts February 2012 and first models will be in April 2012.

I think that's right :hey:
When do you think he is officially to order?

mozg
May 19th, 2011, 13:25
according to the letter fm Audi AG sent over to dealers in Russia, orders for facelifted RS5 will be accepted as from Sep 2011, so realistically around February 2012 first cars shall be produced...

sesame60
May 21st, 2011, 03:43
according to the letter fm Audi AG sent over to dealers in Russia, orders for facelifted RS5 will be accepted as from Sep 2011, so realistically around February 2012 first cars shall be produced...

Any idea when the RS5 will be available in the U.S? I have asked my dealer and they have no information.

Thanks.

mozg
May 21st, 2011, 07:20
Any idea when the RS5 will be available in the U.S? I have asked my dealer and they have no information.

Thanks.

Sorry, no clue.

Fehli
May 21st, 2011, 08:37

If this is true then I'm happy, do you think the RS5 Facelift is on the IAA in September?

mozg
May 21st, 2011, 13:08
If this is true then I'm happy, do you think the RS5 Facelift is on the IAA in September?

I beleive everything will become more or less clear in the begining of June 11, when Audi will approve production programme for june 2011-may 2012. Could be that restyled RS5 will be launched for production even earlier. Not sure if they will bring it to IAA this year, think that instead facelifted A5 most appropriate one to show.

Fehli
May 21st, 2011, 14:20
I've heard that the production of the 2011 RS5 ends early October.
We will see what happens in June.

mozg
May 26th, 2011, 19:54
Well, it's gonna be 2012 after all...
In Sep 2011 restyled A5 will be launched.
In Jan 2012 restyled S5 will see the world.
In Feb 2012 facelifted RS5 will be rolled out.

List of changes is not fascinating: new taillights, new headlights, new steering wheel (all 3 items are in a new A6 style/way), couple of features will become possible and that is basically it.

Fehli
May 26th, 2011, 20:27
Thanks for the info, and the RS5 will be presented in February or will he delivered to the customer in February?

mozg
May 26th, 2011, 20:29
First cars will be produced in Feb 2012, so same/next month must be first delivery to customers.

Fehli
May 26th, 2011, 20:33
But then is he to order in December or?

mozg
May 26th, 2011, 20:39
Audi keep silence on ordering opportunity timewise, can only guess that indeed Dec'11 looks realistic (and marketig - what a nice x-mas gift, although for a niche product, but still...).

Fehli
May 26th, 2011, 20:45
You know a lot about the future of Audi, thanks :hihi:

I think last year it was the same by the RS3 to order just before Xmas and first come out in April 11.

Erik
May 26th, 2011, 21:26
in sep 2011 restyled a5 will be launched.

iaa2011 :)

RXBG
May 27th, 2011, 01:13
wonder if new 7 spd dsg will debut and manual will become available in the RS5.

mozg
May 27th, 2011, 01:23
this featrue (I would say this is change of philosophy but not feature :) ) is not enlisted so far.
what is mentioned is rain sensor and some "new" hill assist (noone knows what this is abt).
forgot to mention that body of the car will have several adjustments.

speaking realistically, RS5 will stay mostly the same. no new engine/gearbox. all changes are related to "additional value" which is "touchy but useless", a lot to be delivered from new A6/A7.

however I will wait till facileft availability. just like touchy items :).

darkop
May 27th, 2011, 04:49
Well, it's gonna be 2012 after all...
In Sep 2011 restyled A5 will be launched.
In Jan 2012 restyled S5 will see the world.
In Feb 2012 facelifted RS5 will be rolled out.

List of changes is not fascinating: new taillights, new headlights, new steering wheel (all 3 items are in a new A6 style/way), couple of features will become possible and that is basically it.

This is very hard to believe!
How is possible that they would sell an A5 with new front/back end and still keep the old design for its more special S and RS iterations?!! Who is gonna be so stupid to buy those for those few month before the changes arrive completely through the whole line up?
NO WAY!

Fehli
May 27th, 2011, 10:13
You heard anything about the full LED headlights come they to the A5 facelift?

Is this the full LED in the front?

Joker
May 27th, 2011, 10:48
As far as I am aware yes it will be available as an option.

darkop
May 27th, 2011, 10:50
You heard anything about the full LED headlights come they to the A5 facelift?

Is this the full LED in the front?

As per that photo - they are NOT! As long as we have fog light below - main head lights can't be full LED as they are ALWAYS an ""all-weather'' lights as such.

mozg
May 27th, 2011, 11:44
2 darkop

beleive or not but Audi is doing this. apparently they do not really care if pre-facelifing S5/RS5 will be ordered or not after Sep'11.

2 Fehli

there is no specification of what exactly new headlights will be. just "new headlights".

Fehli
May 27th, 2011, 12:47
This is very hard to believe!
How is possible that they would sell an A5 with new front/back end and still keep the old design for its more special S and RS iterations?!! Who is gonna be so stupid to buy those for those few month before the changes arrive completely through the whole line up?
NO WAY!

I told before the RS5 2011 ends the production early October and I hope we can order the new RS 2012 in December.
I think last orders for the RS5 2011 in August

darkop
May 27th, 2011, 14:28
2 darkop

beleive or not but Audi is doing this. apparently they do not really care if pre-facelifing S5/RS5 will be ordered or not after Sep'11.

2 Fehli

there is no specification of what exactly new headlights will be. just "new headlights".

I am ready to put money on this... Will see!
Maybe as an availability of specific models to particular markets but not as world premiers is what your info is based..,.

Fehli
May 27th, 2011, 21:03
@mozg
You think he will be released worldwide in Feb. 2012?
I heard he comes to the USA in summer 2012.

But for me is only the German market interest and I hope of the end 2011 to order :RS5fan:

mozg
May 28th, 2011, 22:52
so, what is the laucnhplan for A5:
- July 2011 - End of Secrecy, they will show it up,
- IAA 2011 - A5 roll out,
- November 2011 - Russian mkt positionining.

mozg
May 28th, 2011, 22:54
new A5 features:
- new car body design (back, front, side),
- light & rain sensor,
- autoHold (something new),
- new steering wheel.

mozg
May 28th, 2011, 22:55
finally. what comes next is Laucnh of RS5 in Feb'12.

mozg
May 28th, 2011, 22:56
to underline above - all is valid for Russian mkt, of course.

Fehli
May 29th, 2011, 07:48
You know anything about a new Adaptive Cruise Control for the A5 with Stop & Go and the new MMI with Touch?

A light & rain sensor, the A5 have it or? What's new?

mozg
May 29th, 2011, 10:30
no news abt new ACC or MMI... hope that finally MMI Touch will be installed.

sorry but there is no explanation on what new light/rain sensors will be. obviously A5 has them now, but new ones (?) to come.

darkop
May 29th, 2011, 10:55
to underline above - all is valid for Russian mkt, of course.

OK, this makes sense then. It's got nothing to do with Global introductions...

Fehli
May 29th, 2011, 11:00
@mozg
Would you order a RS5 Facelift?

In July is the presentation of the new A5, nice.
I hope too for the new MMI with touch.

mozg
May 29th, 2011, 11:37
Local introduction correlates a lot with global...

Yeah, my plan is order it as soon as Audi will open the door :).

Fehli
May 29th, 2011, 12:06
I have the same plan, like I said I hope in December :RS5fan:

The RS5 is a very nice car and for me perfect :hahahehe:

mozg
May 29th, 2011, 20:19
Exactly, x-mas ordering would be very smart of Audi in terms of "temporal" characteristics of the value the want to install in RS5 :).

Fehli
June 20th, 2011, 09:35
Any new news about the RS5 Facelift?

What is with the "production programme for June 2011 - May 2012"

mozg
June 20th, 2011, 20:21
Nothing certain. Around end of June dealers expect to get price list of new A5, probably some details will come out abt RS5 as well.

mozg
June 23rd, 2011, 16:24
latest is that production of restyled A5 will start week 42.

Fehli
June 23rd, 2011, 21:11
I heard the A5 Facelift comes in the week 37 (production starts) , hmmm

But for me it's more important what happens with the RS5?

mozg
June 28th, 2011, 17:57
week 42 of 2011 - current RS5 production is over.
week 8 of 2012 - facelifted RS5 production starts.

youry
June 28th, 2011, 18:06
that sounds odd that it takes so long for the change over

mccobr
June 28th, 2011, 22:11
I have heard that production of the RS5 stops COMPLETELY in 10 weeks. Model run finished, 341 cars in the UK. May not be true, just passing on the chatter....

Fehli
July 13th, 2011, 18:31
Now you can't order an RS5 is sold out.

I hope for the Facelift :RS5fan:

Fehli
August 1st, 2011, 09:39
New Infos:

"In the future we can expect that RS models will be introduced to the US with the normal delay that also applies to the regular derivatives. We have delayed the introduction of the RS 5 for marketing reasons. The RS 5 will receive a mid life cycle product refresh in Europe early next year and we did not want to introduce the RS 5 to the US market only to change the design a few months later. The TT RS is now available in the market."

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?5373382-DE-NYSSCHEN-Questions-and-Comments-for-Johan-de-Nysschen-President-Audi-of-America/page2

darkop
August 1st, 2011, 13:07
New Infos:

"In the future we can expect that RS models will be introduced to the US with the normal delay that also applies to the regular derivatives. We have delayed the introduction of the RS 5 for marketing reasons. The RS 5 will receive a mid life cycle product refresh in Europe early next year and we did not want to introduce the RS 5 to the US market only to change the design a few months later. The TT RS is now available in the market."

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?5373382-DE-NYSSCHEN-Questions-and-Comments-for-Johan-de-Nysschen-President-Audi-of-America/page2

So this proves once more that this car is pure marketing toy and not really a pure bred sports car made with true intention to crush the opposition in any objective way. Almost 3 years after original introduction US is getting this aged product which proved to be half successful for what it needed to be from its outset. Quite ridiculous... :doh:

mozg
August 1st, 2011, 15:21
This proves what I have mentioned before, which you didn't beleive in terms of timeline :).
Other aspects - I leave this to Audi marketing and productions guys to decide when to start selling them. In any case I hope that car will become even better compared with pre-facelift one. My intension to order her is still here...

Fehli
August 1st, 2011, 16:54
@mozg
Do you know more about the engine, it would be the same or?
I heard to order is the new RS5 in November/December:RS5fan:

darkop
August 1st, 2011, 17:25
This proves what I have mentioned before, which you didn't beleive in terms of timeline :).
Other aspects - I leave this to Audi marketing and productions guys to decide when to start selling them. In any case I hope that car will become even better compared with pre-facelift one. My intension to order her is still here...

yeah, you got me there, didn't you, as I naively hoped they couldn't be that stupid in what they do! That and few other small and major mistakes had pushed me out of this brand's ''fan base''! They will always stay the followers and let them be it!

@mozg
Do you know more about the engine, it would be the same or?
I heard to order is the new RS5 in November/December:RS5fan:

Haha, I wouldn't hold my breath for this...

Cheers.

mozg
August 2nd, 2011, 10:17
2 Fehli
Same 4.2 V8 450hp.

2 Darkop
Could be, could be. Nevertheless RS5 will find it's market and buyer, I am sure :). Probably I am less focused on marketing appearence of the car but more on driving capabilities :).

Joker
August 2nd, 2011, 11:06
So this proves once more that this car is pure marketing toy and not really a pure bred sports car made with true intention to crush the opposition in any objective way...................They will always stay the followers and let them be it!

I continue to hear this comment that Audi are followers and not a brand to lead, what exactly does this mean, do they follow BMW or do they follow Mercedes or some other brand? Point is that if you have competitors then at some point you will be playing catch up and with the same token you should be the leader too.

RS3 : Neither BMW or Mercedes have a direct performance hatchback competitor to this car so by that token Audi are the leaders.

TTRS : Neither the Z4 or 1M or the SLK offer something either quicker in a straightline or on the track so again Audi lead.

RS5 : Has shown itself to be quicker on the track more times than not and it's technology is far beyond that in it's competitors. Only it's weight has held this car back from the crushing victories you expected.

A6 : Wiping the floor with the 5 series in the States and winning the majority of comparison test else where. In my opinion the new leader.

A8 : Best in most comparison.

R8 : Still regarded as one of the finest handling cars and winner of EPCotY.

Not much evidence of following there, if anything it's BMW and Mercedes that are falling behind with the possible exception of diesel technology and SUVs present, two things that Audi are now addressing.

P.S.
The only real area where Audi follow is America and this latest news shows that this will continue to happen whilst they don't rely on it's maket to boost it's Global sales, though you can sort of understand why as Asia has more potential and demands more attention at the moment (another market where they lead rather than followed ;)).

darkop
August 2nd, 2011, 14:59
I continue to hear this comment that Audi are followers and not a brand to lead, what exactly does this mean, do they follow BMW or do they follow Mercedes or some other brand? Point is that if you have competitors then at some point you will be playing catch up and with the same token you should be the leader too.

RS3 : Neither BMW or Mercedes have a direct performance hatchback competitor to this car so by that token Audi are the leaders.

TTRS : Neither the Z4 or 1M or the SLK offer something either quicker in a straightline or on the track so again Audi lead.

RS5 : Has shown itself to be quicker on the track more times than not and it's technology is far beyond that in it's competitors. Only it's weight has held this car back from the crushing victories you expected.

A6 : Wiping the floor with the 5 series in the States and winning the majority of comparison test else where. In my opinion the new leader.

A8 : Best in most comparison.

R8 : Still regarded as one of the finest handling cars and winner of EPCotY.

Not much evidence of following there, if anything it's BMW and Mercedes that are falling behind with the possible exception of diesel technology and SUVs present, two things that Audi are now addressing.

P.S.
The only real area where Audi follow is America and this latest news shows that this will continue to happen whilst they don't rely on it's maket to boost it's Global sales, though you can sort of understand why as Asia has more potential and demands more attention at the moment (another market where they lead rather than followed ;)).

RS3: Direct rushed response on BMW's 1M. They made it quickly and covered all marketing nonsense from Munich with this product, with arguable success.

TTRS: Good try but with mixed reviews. I have to agree that this one is a peach, but for almost the same money would definitely get a Cayman S. No comparisons here.

RS5: Made to be direct competitor to M5 e92 but too little too late. By the time it was introduced the world has changed and lame response from almost 95% of critics proved this. Although I have tried hard to make point to myself, there is no denial that something was ''half hearted'' there...

A6: Only wipes the floor with the top of the range 3.0tfsi. Specced it modestly, with 3.0tdi, 2.4fsi or 2.0tdi and it would have been nowhere. Biggest letdown that it still doesn't have V8 tt option, after more than 4 years that BMW and Mercs have been offering such. That is a big ''catching up'' there.

A8: No denial that overall best in class, but with modest styling and a lack of latest engine technology just misses a greater picture.

R8: Great handling car and that's it. Nothing that stands out as a real technological pioneering. Engines used are always detuned versions of what you can find in Lambos. Aluminium subframe - taken from Lambo. Only briefly bested the 997 Carrera but only until the 997.1 arrived and restored the reign. Also, 4.2 was quite regularly beaten by lesser M3 e92.

What they do in States is direct insult for sanity. I am really sorry for those people and really understand their frustration. Although, 75% of their population, sorry to say this, is not really aware or have very limited knowledge about latest automotive technology. They still live in world of big 7 liter engines that produce 50hp on occasion. Audi knows this and is taking advantage of it, enjoying huge sales success month by month.

As you can see, I have really lost patience with Audi. Can't really stand behind and defend them anymore when they do nothing to back my support. Even in design, once their #1 strength by miles, they have become questionable and now you can see flops with even that, here and there.

mozg
August 2nd, 2011, 15:12
holy wars :). AK74 vs M16, more or less the same :).
generally I fully agree with Joker with the only exception of new A8 which is definetely miss positioned in the market and seems to suffer from this at certain areas.

Joker
August 2nd, 2011, 16:17
RS3: Direct rushed response on BMW's 1M. They made it quickly and covered all marketing nonsense from Munich with this product, with arguable success.

How can it be in direct reaction to the 1M which in itself is a direct rival to the TT. If you think about it the A3 platform produced the TT (in a roundabout way) and the same is true for the 1 series coupe which shares it's underpinnings with the hatchback which I might add doesn't offer an RS3 rival. So sorry to disagree with your opinion here.

TTRS: Good try but with mixed reviews. I have to agree that this one is a peach, but for almost the same money would definitely get a Cayman S. No comparisons here.

I also love the Cayman but it's lack of AWD and the very fact it is still slower than the TTRS makes it second in my book but I can't argue with you picking it first, but you notice that we have digressed to include Porsche in this debate and not just BMW and Mercedes.

RS5: Made to be direct competitor to M5 e92 but too little too late. By the time it was introduced the world has changed and lame response from almost 95% of critics proved this. Although I have tried hard to make point to myself, there is no denial that something was ''half hearted'' there...

One could argue that the M3 was in response to the RS4 (the then leader) so it all depends on what point in time you look as to who is leading and who is following. Personally I think the RS5 is far superior to that of the M3 or C63, the technology in it's chassis/drivertrain means that you are always in safe hands compared to the others which really do require unquestionably high levels of driving talent to achieve similar results. Another thing, it's lateness is more to do with quattroGmbH's production policies of the past and less to do with Audi failure to react to the M3.

A6: Only wipes the floor with the top of the range 3.0tfsi. Specced it modestly, with 3.0tdi, 2.4fsi or 2.0tdi and it would have been nowhere. Biggest letdown that it still doesn't have V8 tt option, after more than 4 years that BMW and Mercs have been offering such. That is a big ''catching up'' there.

Couldn't disagree more here, all A6 are lightyears ahead of the 5 series, though I share your disappointment regarding the V8tt and as yet the reasons for this delay are unclear but what ever they are it's inexcusable.

A8: No denial that overall best in class, but with modest styling and a lack of latest engine technology just misses a greater picture.

I'm sure the two new engines, the 3.0ttdi and the V8tt will address this.

R8: Great handling car and that's it. Nothing that stands out as a real technological pioneering. Engines used are always detuned versions of what you can find in Lambos. Aluminium subframe - taken from Lambo. Only briefly bested the 997 Carrera but only until the 997.1 arrived and restored the reign. Also, 4.2 was quite regularly beaten by lesser M3 e92.

You could argue that the Gallardo uses more of Audi's expertise than that of Lambo and in turn the items you mentioned, engine and aluminium spaceframe were developed by Audi. As of the Carrera restoring it's reign I question that opinion, there is drama and a sense of theatre with the R8 that isn't present in either the Porsche or M3 and the only reason the M3 will win is on either price or practicality not ability.

What they do in States is direct insult for sanity. I am really sorry for those people and really understand their frustration. Although, 75% of their population, sorry to say this, is not really aware or have very limited knowledge about latest automotive technology. They still live in world of big 7 liter engines that produce 50hp on occasion. Audi knows this and is taking advantage of it, enjoying huge sales success month by month.

I blame their move into Asia for this more than anything.

As you can see, I have really lost patience with Audi. Can't really stand behind and defend them anymore when they do nothing to back my support. Even in design, once their #1 strength by miles, they have become questionable and now you can see flops with even that, here and there.

I still feel their designs and styling lead the way and surprise you feel this way.

holy wars :). AK74 vs M16, more or less the same :). generally I fully agree with Joker with the only exception of new A8 which is definetely miss positioned in the market and seems to suffer from this at certain areas.

Not a war I hope, just a disagreement of opinion. We will leave that behaviour to the members of BMW forums. :hihi:

darkop
August 2nd, 2011, 16:59
^ The thing about including Porsche into this debate is a product of my serious thinking about all these brands: Audi, BMW, MB.
Problem with each one of them, and I realized that, is that you really have to specced them right in order to be attractive (to me). So a top shelf configuration with high orientation towards sportiness. And yet, there is none of the cars from Porsche that I wouldn't buy, being an SUVs or a small Boxters. Even cheapest models with 2.9l B-6 would be enough and you would be aware of that you're driving a Porsche, with a constant smile on your face. You don't have to spend millions. And there is no argument about the price. A FWD 2.0 TT costs almost the same as a Boxster. Who is kidding whom here?! I have tried to ignore this long time, but it's true. The cars from that trio are overpriced and not worthy of our money. If you need a family car - go buy a fully specced Nissan Altima with all the goodies from Germans and keep few bucks to buy the only real thing that would fulfill your urge to enjoy the driving... For very decent price.

Joker
August 2nd, 2011, 18:41
^ I can't deny what you say here, driving any from a small boxster to the big heavy Cayenne and anything in-between all feel like a Porsche and do put a smile on your face compared to the other three. But then again they are trying to appeal to a much narrower customer base of which you clearly are with all models have a definite sporty tilt to them that isn't present with all of the models only some from either Audi, BMW or Mercedes who are more mainstream.

Fehli
August 14th, 2011, 16:04
What do you think the RS5 Facelift will release at the IAA, or is it still a bit early?
If we assume that you can order him in November/December, hmmm :RS5fan:

Qisha
August 15th, 2011, 16:28
Dear Friends,

sorry for not posting more often lately. :cheers:

Well what is to say... :vhmmm: ...you might like to know, with the Facelift the flat Bottom Steering Wheel returns. :hihi:

Qisha

RS4 SM
August 15th, 2011, 17:41
Any idea when it will be coming Qisha..... ;)

Ritchy
August 15th, 2011, 22:07
Dear Friends,

Well what is to say... :vhmmm: ...you might like to know, with the Facelift the flat Bottom Steering Wheel returns. :hihi:

Qisha

So happy for the future owners....hope the car will also improve on all its lacks.

giarc
August 17th, 2011, 05:41
Dear Friends,

Qisha
Im not sure what other RS5 owners think but im fairly annoyed that my 6 month old car is having a facelift, not to mention getting flat bottom steering wheel that every rs\r8 has had except for the rs5.

I'd like a recall and my flat bottom steering wheel fitted....

Qisha
August 17th, 2011, 08:45
PS: it will pretty much look like this but handier and perforated.

http://i56.tinypic.com/f3uc11.jpg

mozg
August 17th, 2011, 08:51
2 Qisha

Anything else new on top of flat bottom wheel?

youry
August 17th, 2011, 10:54
Im not sure what other RS5 owners think but im fairly annoyed that my 6 month old car is having a facelift, not to mention getting flat bottom steering wheel that every rs\r8 has had except for the rs5.

I'd like a recall and my flat bottom steering wheel fitted....

well legally any manufacturer can change whatever they want as whatevre time. now commercially adn psychologically to RS5 owners..... its full of shit.... havign said that lets first wait to see if the facelift version is so good, becasue we might all think at the end that we prefer our current RS5./ not all facelifts are an improvement. I ll be honest I don't like the bottom bumpers of facelift on S5. its totally ugly (the part that goes around the fog lights is awfull). but I recognize the new lights are good.... so it all depends what will be the rs5 facelift bumper.

by the way for your flat bottom steerign wheel. I can fix that easility I 've sold quite some steering wheels to RS5 owners and make them plug and play. its gorgeous and best combo is to take the RS3 base as it comes exactly as one would want (air leather+ grey stiching). I then modify the cabling, the logo etc.... and its a perfect fit (plug&play) which we all agree it should have been made standard...

Here is a concrete example:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6688/rs52011020redimensionne.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/rs52011020redimensionne.jpg/)

Qisha
August 22nd, 2011, 11:00
This is not far off:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6072/6058394369_0917b7ab6a_o.jpg

mozg
August 22nd, 2011, 11:04
awesome... more pictures? :)

Erik
August 22nd, 2011, 12:12
Thanks Q. I like it.

Looks like intercooler air intakes... :hahahehe:

Ritchy
August 22nd, 2011, 13:12
Much appreciate it....

S6V10Avant
August 22nd, 2011, 22:13
It sure looks like two intercoolers indeed..

Qisha
August 25th, 2011, 11:37
Any idea when it will be coming Qisha..... ;)

Dear RS4 SM,

it seems as if it will already be shown at Frankfurt IAA next month. Orders can be placed starting in CW 51.

Qisha

RS4 SM
August 25th, 2011, 22:38
Thanks for the reply Qisha... ;)

I really cant wait to go to the IAA Frankfurt Motor Show....

Fehli
August 27th, 2011, 01:03
Dear RS4 SM,

it seems as if it will already be shown at Frankfurt IAA next month. Orders can be placed starting in CW 51.

Qisha

Thanks this good news :RS5fan:
But we have not seen spyshots, I hope for the IAA

Fehli
August 31st, 2011, 17:41
Today Audi has unveiled the new S models (looks nice:hahahehe:) but nothing of the new RS5 ...

youry
September 2nd, 2011, 14:35
still have about 12 days to make further announcements. but weird they did not talk about it yet... so my guess it won't be there....

I ll be at IAA on monday 19th....

Ritchy
September 2nd, 2011, 14:54
I'll be there on sunday 18th and 19th in the morning.....funny, we'll meet there youry if you come early enough.

youry
September 3rd, 2011, 14:41
sure i should ne there for the opening normally and then directly to audi stand I think

Ritchy
September 3rd, 2011, 14:54
Same planning! Rendez-vous there.

mccobr
September 11th, 2011, 18:04
Can't see the RS5 anywhere is the exhibition...

www.audi.com/iaa2011

The RS6
September 11th, 2011, 21:09
What's that hidden under the name Audi Ultra?

mccobr
September 11th, 2011, 21:12
What's that hidden under the name Audi Ultra?

It's about lightweight construction.

The RS6
September 11th, 2011, 21:23
It's about lightweight construction.

Yeah, but...it looks like an A6. More info plz :)

Fehli
September 12th, 2011, 20:31
New RS5 :RS5fan:

http://qarsi.de/a5-s5/3199-iaa-2011-facelift-des-audi-rs5-offiziell-vorgestellt.html

RXBG
September 12th, 2011, 20:37
Audi unveils refreshed RS 5
Published by MikeSeptember 12, 2011 in Audi RS5. 0 Comments

The RS 5 Coupé is the star athlete of the A5 family. It offers the power and handling of a powerful sports car packaged in the body of an alluringly elegant coupe. The design has now gained several new, sharp accents, with numerous features that characterize the other A5 models also making their way to the RS 5.
The Audi RS 5 Coupé uses a high-revving, normally aspirated V8 displacing 4,163 cc. This engine is closely related to the V10 that powers the R8 high-performance sports car. The 4.2 FSI delivers 331 kW (450 hp) at 8,250 rpm, with the peak torque of 430 Nm (317.15 lb-ft) available between 4,000 and 6,000 rpm. The engine has a specific output of 108.1 hp per liter of displacement. The potent response, the eager revving and the rich, melodious sound mark the V8 as a thoroughbred racing engine.

Hand-built at the plant in Györ, Hungary, the 4.2 FSI launches the Coupé from zero to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in 4.6 seconds. Audi will increase the electronically governed top speed from 250 to 280 km/h (155.34 to 173.98 mph) upon request. Thanks to the combination of technologies from the Audi modular efficiency platform, which also includes a recuperation system, the high-tech V8 consumes significantly less fuel on average than its direct competitors.

With its high efficiency and its long top gear, the standard seven-speed S tronic also contributes to the good fuel economy. Drivers can let the lightning-fast dual-clutch transmission shift automatically or change gears themselves using the selector lever or with paddles on the steering wheel. The integrated launch control program provides for rocket-like starts by managing the engagement of the clutch at mid-level revs.

High end: quattro with crown-gear differential
Like all RS models, the RS 5 Coupé also applies its power to the road with quattro permanent all-wheel drive. The crown-gear center differential at its heart is compact and lightweight. It can vary the distribution of torque between the front and rear axles lightning-fast and over a wide range, with up to 70 percent flowing to the front or as much as 85 percent to the rear, as necessary. The default 40:60 ratio of the rear-biased configuration ensures sporty handling.

The crown-gear center differential works together with the torque vectoring system, which acts on all four wheels. If the load on the inside wheel is reduced too much while the car is being driven dynamically, that wheel is braked slightly before it can begin to slip. Audi offers the sport differential as a complementary option that actively distributes the power between the rear wheels via two superposition stages.

Precise and stable: the chassis
The chassis of the RS 5 Coupé unites fast and precise turn-in, high cornering speeds and supreme stability. Most of the components of the five-link front suspension and the self-tracking trapezoidal-link rear suspension are made of aluminum. The new speed-dependent power steering is an electromechanical system with a direct steering ratio for highly precise road feel. It supports the driver with slight steering corrections when braking on surfaces with different amounts of grip. Because the power steering draws no energy when driving straight ahead, it helps to enhance efficiency.

The taut setup lowers the body by 20 millimeters (0.79 in) compared with the Audi A5. Newly designed, 19-inch forged aluminum wheels with 265/35-series tires are standard; 20-inch wheels with 275/30-series tires are available as an option for the high-performance coupe.

The brake system of the RS Coupé features large, internally ventilated wave brake discs, with the front discs measuring 365 millimeters (14.37 in) in diameter. The steel friction rings with their wave-like outer contour are perforated and connected to the aluminum brake caps via pins. This direct structure reduces tensions, quickly dissipates the heat and prevents the transmission of temperature peaks. Moreover, the redesigned shape of the friction rings results in three kilograms (6.61 lb) of weight being saved in total, thus improving the balance of unsprung masses.

The calipers are painted high-gloss black; the front calipers have eight pistons each. The RS 5 can be optionally equipped with carbon fiber-ceramic discs up front. The electronic stabilization program (ESP) integrates a sport mode and can be switched off entirely.

Upon request, Audi equips the RS 5 with a particularly dynamic damping technology – the sport suspension plus with DRC dynamic ride control. The diagonally opposed pairs of shock absorbers are linked by hydraulic lines and a central valve. During fast cornering, the system intensifies the stabilization of the front outside wheel. The sport suspension plus features a three-stage, variable damping characteristic.

The Audi drive select driving dynamics system comes standard with the RS 5 Coupé. This system allows the driver to select between three modes – comfort, auto and dynamic – for the characteristics of the steering, the seven-speed S tronic and the accelerator. And if the car is equipped with an Audi MMI navigation system, there is also a fourth mode – individual – which can be configured by the driver. Audi drive select can also modulate the sound of the exhaust system, double-clutching when downshifting in dynamic mode.

Dynamic steering is another module available for Audi drive select beside the sport differential and the damping characteristic in the sport suspension plus. It uses a superposition gear to vary the steering ratio by nearly 100 percent as a function of speed and countersteers slightly at the cornering limit.

Unmistakable: The design
The RS 5 Coupé has an athletic road stance, and its classically elegant two-door lines dazzle with clear-cut accents. The new single-frame grille with beveled upper corners features a high-gloss, anthracite gray honeycomb structure and a matt aluminum-look frame. The standard xenon plus headlights are framed by narrow strips of LED daytime running lights. The air flows through large openings embedded in a distinctive bumper featuring a splitter edge like on a racing car. Sharper edges make the engine hood appear more three-dimensional so that the RS 5 looks even lower and wider when viewed from the front.

The flared aluminum front fenders and the rear side elements with the sharp horizontal upper edges are reminiscent of two classic Audi models from the 1980s – the all-wheel drive pioneer Audi quattro and the Sport quattro. The side sills sport chiseled caps; the trim strips and the side mirror housings have a matt aluminum-look finish.

The tail end is dominated by the two oval exhaust pipes of the dual exhaust system, which are integrated into the redesigned bumper. Audi also offers a sport exhaust system with a more voluminous sound and black exhaust tip bezels. The LED rear lights are also new and feature continuous light strips. The large diffuser extends far upward, and the spoiler in the rear hatch extends automatically at 120 km/h (74.56 mph).

The extensively clad underbody integrates air vents for the seven-speed S tronic and the front brakes. Thanks to its advanced aerodynamics, the RS 5 Coupé generates downforce at high speed to further enhance stability.

The dynamic looks alter the dimensions slightly. The RS 5 Coupé is 23 millimeters (0.91 in) longer and six millimeters (0.24 in) wider than the A5 Coupé, but six millimeters (0.24 in) lower. Eight exterior colors are available, from solid, metallic and pearl effect finishes to a specially pigmented crystal effect paint.

Dynamic elegance: The interior
The vehicle’s dynamically elegant styling also extends to the interior. The standard sport seats with integrated headrests are power adjustable and covered in a combination of black leather and Alcantara. Audi also offers seat upholstery in Fine Nappa leather in a choice of black or lunar silver, both subtly accented with rock gray piping. Other options include bucket seats with folding backrests or comfortable, climate-controlled comfort seats with a ventilation function. The interior is bathed in black, with narrow chrome clasps at the switches and control elements providing delicate accents. Inlays are available in a choice of carbon, brushed or etched aluminum, a high-gloss piano finish or a light-colored stainless steel mesh.

The new leather multifunction sport steering wheel with its thick rim is flattened at the bottom and features a new, even easier control concept. The ignition key and the shift lever knob have also been redesigned. Even the steering column stalks have been updated. The instruments have black gauges and white lettering with special scaling. When the ignition is turned, the red needles of the speedometer and tachometer run quickly up to the limit before returning to zero for a touch of sporty flair. Typical of all RS vehicles, the door openers are two delicate bars.

The driver information system with color display includes an RS menu with a lap timer and an oil thermometer. It displays a special RS welcome screen when the car is started. A piano-finish fascia in the instrument panel frames the instrument cluster. The pedals, the footrest and the buttons of the optional MMI navigation systems shine in an aluminum-look finish. Aluminum inserts adorn the door sill trims, which are accentuated with RS 5 badges.

Audi also offers numerous exclusive features for the interior. A carbon design package is available for the engine compartment, as are a variety of styling packages for the body in black or matt aluminum look. A broad range of high-performance assistance and communication systems round out the optional extras program. Among these are adaptive cruise control, Audi side assist, adaptive light, MMI navigation plus, the Bluetooth online car phone and the Bang & Olufsen sound system.

[Source: Audi AG}

Ritchy
September 12th, 2011, 20:48
Love it !!!!!

darkop
September 12th, 2011, 20:49
What's there to love?!! They just ruined the awesome car! F*** 'em!

mccobr
September 12th, 2011, 21:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isi_fFmEKVA

Qisha delivers again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isi_fFmEKVA

andreasm
September 12th, 2011, 21:10
http://qarsi.de/images/stories/pics2011/RS5_facelift_01.jpg
http://qarsi.de/images/stories/pics2011/RS5_facelift_02.jpg
http://qarsi.de/images/stories/pics2011/RS5_facelift_03.jpg

LittleDevil
September 12th, 2011, 21:25
I'm not sure what to say... :confused:

Erik
September 12th, 2011, 21:38
This is a surprise: Hand-built at the plant in Györ, Hungary

LittleDevil
September 12th, 2011, 21:53
DTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2pc5tsTp3k

giarc
September 13th, 2011, 02:37
Im not sure if the front will grow on me but not liking it at the moment.

Not happy about the flat bottom steering wheel thing at all, glad they fixed the mistake of not having it but not that i don't have it.

rs4some
September 13th, 2011, 08:27
Full details here and more pictures of updated model

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_7176.shtml

RS4 SM
September 13th, 2011, 23:58
Qisha you are the man... ;)

The facelift on this car look stunning... Especially the interior very very CLASSY.... Sooo much better then the M3/C63....

But theres only one thing that i am not happy with an that is people who bought the RS5 an only had it a year or less must be totally GUTTED as this is the first time i can remember that Audi have done this to an RS...

I was thinking of buying the RS5 towards the end of last year an was getting a very good deal (-7% off list of factory order) from my dealer but i was not blown away with it like i was when i first drove the RS4... An if i did go ahead an buy it right now i would have killed my dealer or put it in a brick wall...

The only people that are lucky are in the U.S.... As when it arrives there it will be the New Facelift version....

I am all for new cars an facelifts but so soon is NOT fair... :( How can Audi do this so quickly to there customers... :(

giarc
September 14th, 2011, 01:24
Qisha you are the man... ;)

The facelift on this car look stunning... Especially the interior very very CLASSY.... Sooo much better then the M3/C63....

But theres only one thing that i am not happy with an that is people who bought the RS5 an only had it a year or less must be totally GUTTED as this is the first time i can remember that Audi have done this to an RS...

I was thinking of buying the RS5 towards the end of last year an was getting a very good deal (-7% off list of factory order) from my dealer but i was not blown away with it like i was when i first drove the RS4... An if i did go ahead an buy it right now i would have killed my dealer or put it in a brick wall...

The only people that are lucky are in the U.S.... As when it arrives there it will be the New Facelift version....

I am all for new cars an facelifts but so soon is NOT fair... :( How can Audi do this so quickly to there customers... :(Ye dont feel great about it, love my car but outdated in 7months..

Also if the service I received from the dealer and from audi aus about issues with my car on delivery are anything to go by, im not suprised!

RS4 SM
September 14th, 2011, 03:13
I am really sorry to hear that my friend... Thats JUST NOT ON....!!!!

If i was you i would SQUEEZE your dealer an Audi Auz HARD.... ;)

After all you did pay for the car an its NOT any old Audi its an RS...

Good luck with it... Keep us posted... ;)

rs4some
September 14th, 2011, 03:31
The problem with RS cars now is that they are no longer special made vehicles from Quattro at neckersalm, they are just massed produced cars just as M series and AMG cars now are. They used to be limited run vehicles however in order to compete with BMW and Merc they just churn them out now.

ZeroRisk
September 14th, 2011, 03:38
Ye dont feel great about it, love my car but outdated in 7months..

Also if the service I received from the dealer and from audi aus about issues with my car on delivery are anything to go by, im not suprised!

I am only vaguely pi$$ed off, but it's such a small thing - the lights just arent that big an improvement (are they an improvement at all??? - jury's out on that one), and the only other significant difference is the steering wheel - another ho-hum.

You cant put too much stock in the Fourtitude and other articles - the press release is just the regurgitated specs of the previous RS5.

Let's be honest - the engine is the same (and it's awesome already). The body width is the same - no bigger flared wheel arches that the RS4 guys moaned about. Ride height - same. Exhaust - same. Drive train, transmission, brakes, power output - same. sames, same, same. Interior - same.

(RS4SM: it was already classy - you could get everything in the previous version that you've seen in this one, even custom red inlays - UGH - if you wanted to. The red sports buckets were also a tick-the-box option in the previous model. If it wasnt for the steering wheel, you would drive the facelifted version, and the prior version, and find they are exactly the same car - if you werent "blown away before, you wont be now either.)

So what's to be disappointed about??? What have I missed???

And on the bright side, I've been driving this awesome car, which I absolutely LOVE, for seven months, and all those people sitting around waiting for imaginary 4.2TT's and some great revolution in design - which never came - have NOT. (Sorry U.S. guys - nothing's come to you yet - now that seems unfair.) That's not meant to sound like gloating - it's just that this "facelift" is a bit of an anti-climax in contrast to all the forum hype, rumours and expectations.

ZeroRisk
September 14th, 2011, 14:57
Front end comparison pic...

darkop
September 14th, 2011, 16:25

Yours is such a badass... The facelift is just a big letdown! Almost a ''BMW-SCREW_UP""...

Joker
September 14th, 2011, 22:20
The S5 does look better than the RS5 and I reckon the reason for this is that on the RS5 the vents below the headlights are marginally bigger than on the S5 and in turn make the headlights look disproportionally smaller on the RS5.

Maybe this opinion will reverse when I see the new look RS5 in person but it's how I feel at the moment. Though unlike darkop I don't think anything Audi do could be a bad as what BMW has done with it's 1 series. That thing is just nasty.

biker14
September 14th, 2011, 23:22
:harass::harass::rotflmao:

Yep...after seeing this just confirms what I think... I'm extremely happy with my eight month old RS5, thank you very much... :incar: :dig:

RS4 SM
September 15th, 2011, 01:52
Reply for ZeroRisk

>>>>RS4SM: it was already classy - you could get everything in the previous version that you've seen in this one, even custom red inlays - UGH - if you wanted to. The red sports buckets were also a tick-the-box option in the previous model. If it wasnt for the steering wheel, you would drive the facelifted version, and the prior version, and find they are exactly the same car - if you werent "blown away before, you wont be now either.<<<<<

I understand what you me i wont be "blow away" but at least if i got one now it will stay fresh for a good number of years to come....!!!

I just feel that if you were to buy a car of this caliber it should at least stay fresh for a goood feewww years even though as you said the engine an interior are nearly the same...

Your car sure does look "Awesome" but theres something that catches the eye in an out on the facelift which will grab everyone once they see it in person an then all of a sudden the old car starts to look dated....!!!!

But for me nearly is NOT good enough an a facelift in less then a year would piss me well off let alone it would hurt the value of the car badly when you come to sell it an knowing in the back of your head that my car is not new an current in such a short time an thats HURTS... :(

RS4 SM
September 15th, 2011, 04:08
O an please dont think I am Gloting at all or any current RS5 owners...

That is not the case I am just angry at what Audi have done to there loyal customers.... 

giarc
September 15th, 2011, 14:03
I am only vaguely pi$$ed off, but it's such a small thing - the lights just arent that big an improvement (are they an improvement at all??? - jury's out on that one), and the only other significant difference is the steering wheel - another ho-hum.On the actual car, im loving it more and more everyday and dont regret my purchase from a physical car point of view.

My personal opinion the flat bottom steering wheel has actually annoyed me because its the only RS model not to get it with no reason why and it is a big part of the RS interior look and exclusivity especially with the RS buckets

inF
October 10th, 2011, 17:26
Is that a singular fog light on the front bumper?

The RS6
October 10th, 2011, 19:14
Is that a singular fog light on the front bumper?

Not a fog light my friend. Adaptive cruise control radar...

Ritchy
October 16th, 2011, 11:12
Dear Qisha, is order of the new RS5 always scheduled on week 51?

Thank you for giving us the last informations on the product.

R.B

Fehli
October 16th, 2011, 20:06
My dealer doesn't know when he is to order, he thinks in December.
Week 51 is the Christmas week, not earlier :RS5fan:

Ritchy
October 17th, 2011, 07:32
Mine (dealer) told me it is delayed until 2012 week 10.

Just wanted to know....

By the way (that can be know with the std A5 FL), what's new on the MMI ?

Fehli
October 17th, 2011, 13:09
"delayed until 2012 week 10" means to order or is delivered.

I can't believe it when he is so late to order, he was introduced at the IAA normally 2-3 months later all cars to order.
I heard the production of the new RS5 starts in week 8 of 2012.

Fehli
October 31st, 2011, 21:36
I've heard today, at beginning of December the first brochures are available and around xmas he is to order :RS5fan:

LittleDevil
December 14th, 2011, 18:21
What that mean? :)

rs4some
December 14th, 2011, 19:49
Same motor? 331KW 4.2L V8?

andreadebi
January 25th, 2012, 17:33
from qatar motorshow 2012

is this suzuka grey?seems with more blue or maybe it's the picture...
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1958/qatarmotorshowunitedpic.jpg (http://img845.imageshack.us/i/qatarmotorshowunitedpic.jpg/)

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1958/qatarmotorshowunitedpic.jpg (http://img716.imageshack.us/i/qatarmotorshowunitedpic.jpg/)

Erik
January 25th, 2012, 17:51
suzuka grey I guess.

The RS6
January 25th, 2012, 18:13
I ran into this now...

http://www.audiqatarmotorshow.com/audi-rs5

Cumulus Blue?

First time I've heard of it...

Those wheels are horrible btw

andreadebi
January 25th, 2012, 19:01
I ran into this now...

http://www.audiqatarmotorshow.com/audi-rs5

Cumulus Blue?

First time I've heard of it...

Those wheels are horrible btw

yes I think this is the colour, so my impression about the exterior colour with more blue was right

Qisha
January 25th, 2012, 19:37
Dear Friends,

Cumulus Blue was introduced with the Audi A1. It is a solid color which is lighter than the famous "Gulf" Design base color.

For comparison, see below.

Qisha

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/9624/cumulus.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SM9A_sqVGgM/TUw5LzSEdvI/AAAAAAAAHuI/0oGtUdmniAs/s1600/Audi%2BA1%2BGulf%2BLivery%2B2.jpg

JavierNuvolari
January 25th, 2012, 20:52
The wheels, ugly as sin! other than that it looks very nice.

andreadebi
January 26th, 2012, 07:28
thanks Qisha

Andyuk911
January 27th, 2012, 09:15
I like the face lifted RS5, but the wheels must look a bit weird from the outside when moving..

Ritchy
January 27th, 2012, 11:41
Most of all, when would it be possible to order the new FL ? A reason for the delay ?

HKS786
January 27th, 2012, 11:42
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/uploads/Audi_News/qatar-audi-rs5.jpg

I really like the new front end but Audi are using these new headlights on every new model. I really liked the new A6 when it first came out but now the A4, A5, A3 have the same headlights. I think Audi grilles should be similar for all models but headlights should be totally unique to that model.

Erik
January 27th, 2012, 12:41
That's nice... yummy

hdtomi
January 27th, 2012, 20:13
http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/ngw/product/a5/rs_5_coupe/my_2012_pa/multimedia.Par.0074.Image.jpg/1680x1050_ars5_c_10018.jpg
http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/ngw/product/a5/rs_5_coupe/my_2012_pa/multimedia.Par.0077.Image.jpg/1680x1050_ars5_c_10021.jpg
http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/ngw/product/a5/rs_5_coupe/my_2012_pa/multimedia.Par.0082.Image.jpg/1680x1050_ars5_d_10028.jpg
http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/ngw/product/a5/rs_5_coupe/my_2012_pa/multimedia.Par.0090.Image.jpg/1680x1050_ars5_d_10052.jpg
http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/ngw/product/a5/rs_5_coupe/my_2012_pa/multimedia.Par.0071.Image.jpg/1680x1050_ars5_c_10015.jpg
http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/ngw/product/a5/rs_5_coupe/my_2012_pa/multimedia.Par.0073.Image.jpg/1680x1050_ars5_c_10017.jpg
http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/ngw/product/a5/rs_5_coupe/my_2012_pa/multimedia.Par.0081.Image.jpg/1680x1050_ars5_d_10026.jpg

youry
January 28th, 2012, 13:13
all computer similated pics as exacly the same as for RS5 pre facelift.... nowadasy you can't trust any pics any longer.... and its a pity... on the other hand it does surely reflect the reality

andreasm
January 28th, 2012, 16:45
http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/ngw/product/a5/rs_5_coupe/my_2012_pa/multimedia.Par.0090.Image.jpg/1680x1050_ars5_d_10052.jpg

New brake discs design?

ChicagoAudi
January 28th, 2012, 17:11
Looks as if Audi is using the wave design for the front brake rotors. Advantages are said to include lower (unsprung) weight and better heat dissipation. Another benefit is increased braking force.

youry
January 28th, 2012, 22:03
good catch. had not seen this on th pics...

artur777
January 28th, 2012, 22:10
very nice exterior
absolutely dead under the hood - atmo V8 is a way to nowhere. CHANGE for Turbo V8!

Ritchy
January 30th, 2012, 14:08
Never heard about those brakes....nice to see that each item has been improved.

I hope Audi has also modified the ceramics for the latest generation.

Minor, but i've noticed that figures (CO2, 0-100km/h, O-200km/h) are a bit better. Due to less weight by using aluminium ? start&stop system ?

youry
January 30th, 2012, 14:45
in ETKA ceramics are the same. while indeed there are now two versions for the std brakes.

hdtomi
January 30th, 2012, 15:45
The whole gallery! :

http://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/a5/rs_5_coupe/erleben/multimedial_erleben.html

Ritchy
February 6th, 2012, 23:26
Everything seems to be ready with the RS5. But still no order or delivery date available.

Some German forums say it's due to the engine, not fully ready for production. Does that mean there's an improvement on the previous one ? maybe Audi doesn't want further RS5's owners upset with the power ?

I would appreciate, for once, to watch a video where the RS5 is not far behind another 400/450HP similar vehicule....

youry
February 6th, 2012, 23:53
By the way Ritchy your RSQUATTRO sport filters for your coming RS5 FL should be delivered to you on wendesday by UPS... and I might have found somebody interested in your flat bottom steering wheel, but nothing confirmed yet.

Ritchy
February 7th, 2012, 07:52
Such good news Youry....thanks for all.

Hurry now to pick up my new car, i hope before June.

LittleDevil
February 9th, 2012, 08:01
Does anyone have real picture from new wheels from ETKA. There is no part numbers yes, but here is picture?

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9655/wheelsq.jpg (http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9655/wheelsq.jpg)

Ritchy
February 10th, 2012, 12:47
Hi everyone, just one question: how is it possible that anyone knows when orders are available ?

I left 46665733222 messages to Audi, almost the same to my dealer, and for 2 months, not one single mail or call. Even for new year. How nowadays a factory can react with so poor communication, and consideration for custumers. Just a shame.

Such a shame, i'm thinking to switch for another car, and take back my deposit, the full amount of my previous car.

Even more when i see that the new TT-RS plus will perform a 0-100km.h almost half a second quicker than the RS5.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/112021040975/2012-audi-tt-rs-plus-revealed

youry
February 10th, 2012, 20:53
a car cannot be jusdged only on a 0 to 100..... the TTRS engine is exactly the same just tuned up electronically... i know you will not like a small car like that.... 200% sure.... its a hladex system not real quattro...

andreasm
February 11th, 2012, 08:31
The German catalog of the facelift model is online, but still no new price list and still not availiable in the configurator.
Some of the differences... new 19” aluminum wheels, 0,1 sec. faster to 100km/h....
http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/ngw/product/pdf/kataloge_my_2012.Par.0050.File.pdf/audirs5-inland.pdf

The RS6
February 11th, 2012, 10:11
0,1 sec. faster to 100km/h....

Only one question -> why? :)

Ritchy
February 11th, 2012, 12:37
Not due to weight, the FL is even a bit more heavy!

Well, depends on if it is calculated the same way...

The RS6
February 11th, 2012, 13:22
Not due to weight, the FL is even a bit more heavy!

Ah Jesus. Come on Audi, listen to your customers. Listen to reviews. Read. Listen.

Don't invest so much money into creating xyz new niche models. Make the current ones better.

The RS5 did not need new headlamps and a new grille. It needed less weight and that 4.0T from the S8. That thing would destroy just about all that the competition can throw at it, and would probably sell like hot cakes.

Qisha
February 14th, 2012, 08:39
Everything seems to be ready with the RS5. But still no order or delivery date available.

Some German forums say it's due to the engine, not fully ready for production. Does that mean there's an improvement on the previous one ? maybe Audi doesn't want further RS5's owners upset with the power ?

I would appreciate, for once, to watch a video where the RS5 is not far behind another 400/450HP similar vehicule....

Dear Ritchy,

orders will be taken scheduled to start from the end of this week.

Qisha

Qisha
February 14th, 2012, 10:44
Dear Friends,

enjoy... :cheers:

Qisha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKCf8hdGSmE&feature=player_embedded

Ritchy
February 14th, 2012, 21:13
Dear Ritchy,

orders will be taken scheduled to start from the end of this week.

Qisha

Yessssss!!! thank you Qisha, i was getting nervous waiting all this time....

Ritchy
February 16th, 2012, 09:16
Configurator on line.

As usual, my dealer knows nothing and unable to take an order.

Hope to have it before June, and dyno it asap. Never knows, maybe an unexpected surprise as on latest BMW:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/112021541193/bmw-328i-engine-more-powerful-than-bmw-says---dyno-results

chewym
February 19th, 2012, 03:59
Ah Jesus. Come on Audi, listen to your customers. Listen to reviews. Read. Listen.

Don't invest so much money into creating xyz new niche models. Make the current ones better.

The RS5 did not need new headlamps and a new grille. It needed less weight and that 4.0T from the S8. That thing would destroy just about all that the competition can throw at it, and would probably sell like hot cakes.

Te 4.0T is certainly heavier than the 4.2 RS engine.

andreasm
February 19th, 2012, 06:05
Snow & Ice Driving Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e_GJbK87PqM

Ritchy
February 22nd, 2012, 08:01
Autoexpress article on the FL RS5:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/279055/new_audi_rs5_faster_better.html

Does anyone have informations about the new power steering system, and new engine settings ?

Ritchy
February 29th, 2012, 05:27
Here it is. RS5 ordered!

youry
February 29th, 2012, 09:47
and you dare say that without telling us your final spec.... this is serious :)

Ritchy
February 29th, 2012, 12:26
Very simple...all extras available except:

- dynamic steering
- buckets (just because they are not available in France)
- adaptive cruise control
- aluminium exterior pack
- TV
- 280 km/h (trying to have it, but as for buckets, not available in France, i should have an answer next week from my dealer)

Interior will be black audi exclusive leather (pack1) with red seam (as well for steering/knob) and carbon inserts.

The RS6
February 29th, 2012, 13:30
And the exterior color...? :)

Ritchy
February 29th, 2012, 19:29
Daytona grey at this time...but still in love with black cars. So it might changes.

I will also have on next tuesday informations linked to Audi exclusive colors. Time to check pictures with Avus grey for example. I remember B5 RS4s in that color....

Well, only item i'm not sure of.

I have also to check with my friend who's going to buy my car end of 2013. Then will surely come an R8 V10. If this time everything's ok with this FL product.

youry
February 29th, 2012, 20:20
screem for the bucket seats...... that is not aceptabel that you can't have that option......

Qisha
March 1st, 2012, 13:42
@Ritchy: Daytona grey

http://i39.tinypic.com/4lllwh.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/s2a39v.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/1tvva9.jpg

Joker
March 1st, 2012, 14:29
Is that really Daytona Grey?

These shots and under those lights I'd swear it looks more like meteor grey.

http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/2354781.jpg

Ritchy
March 2nd, 2012, 12:09
Thank you Qisha!

Happy to see a FL in another color than red. Interior seems to be "special", with red inserts on seats.

I'm going to wait for the Audi exclusive offer. For example, i love the estoril blue of the S7, you've just posted.

Ritchy
March 10th, 2012, 21:17
I went to my dealer and saw in its showroom two new S5 FL. One black, the other one daytona.

I didn't hesitate one second to modify the color. Sorry youry :jlol:, but it will be black as the previous one.

So i just have to wait now, until delivery on july (due to Audi exclusive extras - one more month)

Very happy with the final specifications. Just waiting for validation of the 280km/h limitation, not yet available in France. I really hope a positive answer from Audi AG, important item for me.

I'm also going to put a deposit on a A1 quattro. Not fully sure to get one, only 40 units here. Delivery between july and november. I love that little car.

:RS5fan:

The RS6
March 10th, 2012, 23:08
Did you see the review of the A1 quattro in the latest TopGear mag?

There are literally 6 pages of that little monster!

mccobr
April 2nd, 2012, 23:53
I went to my dealer and saw in its showroom two new S5 FL. One black, the other one daytona.

I didn't hesitate one second to modify the color. Sorry youry :jlol:, but it will be black as the previous one.

So i just have to wait now, until delivery on july (due to Audi exclusive extras - one more month)

Very happy with the final specifications. Just waiting for validation of the 280km/h limitation, not yet available in France. I really hope a positive answer from Audi AG, important item for me.

I'm also going to put a deposit on a A1 quattro. Not fully sure to get one, only 40 units here. Delivery between july and november. I love that little car.

You should also take a look at the Titanium special colour, very slick. On the UK R8 special edition and saw it on an A8 in Inglostadt forum.

Ritchy
April 3rd, 2012, 07:31
Thanks for the informations The RS6 and mccobr,

About the A1 quattro, my deposit came a bit too late, all sold, but i have another solution. A friend of mine did it on time, and he's ok to sell me back the order, as not so much interested in the car. Keep you advised about that, and of course will give my first impressions on that little car.

Otherwise, Titanium is a very nice color....i was thinking those last days of other colours for the RS5, as my cars are all black for more than 15 years now. A friend has its R8 in lava grey (volcano grey in France), and i find it very nice. However, i guess it's a bit late to modify something on my car, but i'm going to check, just in case.

mccobr
April 3rd, 2012, 07:41
Thanks for the informations The RS6 and mccobr,

About the A1 quattro, my deposit came a bit too late, all sold, but i have another solution. A friend of mine did it on time, and he's ok to sell me back the order, as not so much interested in the car. Keep you advised about that, and of course will give my first impressions on that little car.

Otherwise, Titanium is a very nice color....i was thinking those last days of other colours for the RS5, as my cars are all black for more than 15 years now. A friend has its R8 in lava grey (volcano grey in France), and i find it very nice. However, i guess it's a bit late to modify something on my car, but i'm going to check, just in case.

Image link is on the right. My RS5 is Phantom Black and I like it a lot, but if I get an FL or an R8 it will be in Titanium. Greys are a bit too um grey, but this has real depth.

http://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/latest-news/audi-celebrates-tenth-le-mans-title-with-new-r8-v8-limited-edition.html

Ritchy
April 3rd, 2012, 08:19
Wonderful color! thanks for the link. I'm going to check today, and also be sure the delay won't be much affected.

Ritchy
April 3rd, 2012, 16:29
mccobr, i was sure of the car settings since the first day's order (excepted seats, i went back to the sports one instead of buckets), but you really make me hesitate with this "Le Mans" R8.

Do you have any other pictures of that colour? I may modify it with no delay on delivery. Surely go for it, as i want that RS5 very special....

mccobr
April 3rd, 2012, 16:41
mccobr, i was sure of the car settings since the first day's order (excepted seats, i went back to the sports one instead of buckets), but you really make me hesitate with this "Le Mans" R8.

Do you have any other pictures of that colour? I may modify it with no delay on delivery. Surely go for it, as i want that RS5 very special....

One pic, one video, although annoyingly neither are very clear. Sorry to confuse these things, I know how difficult it is.

All I can say is that I took that photo of the A8, and it's the only colour I would have over black.

12481http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7SouzuDrLI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7SouzuDrLI)

Qisha
April 3rd, 2012, 19:44
Dear Ritchy,

Audi RS 5 pre-Facelift Titan metallic, Audi RS 6 Avant Titan metallic.

Qisha

PS: i still suggest the Bucket seats. ;)

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ahuvep.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/4jsv8z.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/1197csx.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/13ymmiw.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/in9y88.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/33u8k06.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ldvfyo.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/k99kdz.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/28lc1he.jpg

mccobr
April 3rd, 2012, 21:43
I think it looks great. Makes me want to order a new one...

Ritchy
April 4th, 2012, 10:25
Merci Qisha!!!

I could not expect better pictures to have an idea of that special color on a RS5. Looks so great, i'm going to think about it for a couple of days before any decision.

For the Bucket seats, i know they look much better :love:, about resale value, etc....but the fact is that i have a painfull back (kart accident few years ago), and didn't feel 100% well inside after a ride 2 weeks ago. Mostly at shoulders level. At last, even if i'm driving very fast, i will never go on tracks with that car. I'm considering the A1 quattro for that use.

So excepted if there is an unknown reason (modified seats on the FL, new settings, better quality, or whatever...), and as your experience is important for me -i would in that case reconsider my choice-, i still go for the standard sport seats.

By the way, very happy with the Audi exclusive leather option, i could have an idea of what is going to be at geneva show (black leather/carmin red seam just as in the A1 Q, i love that combo)

Back once more to the color choice, as i've never heard of that Titan metallic before....just to be sure of all what is possible on a RS5 (audi exclusive color), in grey and black register, there is:

panther black, titan metallic, usual grey and black of all A/S/RS (lava grey, etc...), and that's all? Any matt color available?

Thanks to everyone!

Richard

mccobr
April 4th, 2012, 11:27
I think after 15 years, it's time for a change!

My dream is an R8 V10 in Titanium with an S-tronic gearbox...

Qisha
April 4th, 2012, 11:29
Dear Ritchy,

so far matt color schemes have only been done for the Audi R8 and this to selected customers. Matt colors are in need to have special treatments as well as they are a pain to maintain free of damage.

However i am not saying it is not possible, it is just not reasonable for daily use.

Actually there are a whole lot more nice colors available. You need the idea, Audi exclusive will do its best to fulfill it.

You might have seen the Audi R8 5.2 FSI in Geneva: Daytonagrey matt

Qisha

http://i43.tinypic.com/2hxrjt5.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/xawi05.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2vdmh5h.jpg

hlbeckley
April 4th, 2012, 12:49
Ipamena....i kinda like it

The Volcano Red for 2012 with black optics may be good too

hlbeckley
April 4th, 2012, 12:51
Matt looks nice too

Erik
April 4th, 2012, 14:04
Daytonagrey matt and red matt - wow, simply wow.

Andyuk911
April 5th, 2012, 07:46
Matt looks nice too

I think that one is a wrap.

Qisha, can you copy McLaren colours? How much time does this add to an order?

Thanks

Ritchy
April 5th, 2012, 10:49
Grey matt is just incredible.

But as you said Qisha, if it has never been done on another car than a R8, i guess (if it's possible) it's not going to be easy (delay, Audi acceptation...)

About damage and daily use, it's not at all a problem, as all my cars are 100% protected (even headlights), by a plastic film. Paintshield is doing the job. I phoned them this morning, and film can also be used on matt colors (in that case it's a special one). Most of all, excepted the A1 which i'm going to use in the city, my cars are never parked outside, or even near other vehicules.

Now just waiting for my dealer answer about Audi exclusive colors (seems to be very difficult here to get infos by the way). So my car will be either std black, grey matt (but if it's only for selected custumers on R8, i don't really imagime having a positive answer..), or an Audi exclusive color between grey and black (as the lava grey, but without brown effects).

I'm finaly not going for the titan metallic (quite close to Avus grey, isn't it?), not enough "dark" on what i can see from Qisha's pictures.

Thanks everyone for contribution and ideas. Very exciting moment, all this time spent on a car setup. Hopefully for everyone, i've got no question linked to the A1...one color, no extra. Easy!

The RS6
April 5th, 2012, 16:46
I'd go for Daytona if it was my car, BUT, since you're into something special...then it would be Racing Blue Mica for me. I love that. BUT since you don't want blue... I don't know.

Thinking of special...would it be possible to order Bentley colors? For instance Dark Grey Satin...

http://www.luxury4play.com/rolls-royce-bentley/43159-supersports-dark-grey-satin-matte-finish.html

That's quite dark grey, and looks insane :D

Other color ideas @ http://www.bentleyconfigurator.com/

The RS6
April 6th, 2012, 17:34
Nero Nemesis from Lambo Aventador also looks menacing... :)

Ritchy
April 10th, 2012, 09:56
Thank you The RS6 for all those great ideas of colour...i also found pictures on a german forum of a S5 in "casino royale grey". I've never heard about it, but nice color, quite close to daytona grey. Link as soon as i have few minutes and a laptop. It may help further custumers, interested in special colors.

Latest news is that the one in charge of my order is on duty for 2 weeks. He was supposed to call me back last week, but didn't do it. By the fact, as i have no other phone number, i'm going to maintain my order in black. More safe, and as i like black cars, not really a problem. The idea is now to use a special matt film, either grey or black. I will be happy to show you the results as soon as it will be done.

Thanks to everyone for all those advises and ideas.

I just have to wait now. RS5 is for July. A1 should be a couple of months later.

The RS6
April 10th, 2012, 11:23
Honestly, I like the fact you chose the RS5, but I LOVE the fact that you're getting the A1 quattro.

A quote from TopGear says it all...

"the A1 Quattro is such a massive, brilliant surprise. This is 249bhp of Quattro AWD stuffed into a tiny A1 - and it makes it beautifully mental. OK, so we've only driven it on spikes on ice, but the way this thing puts the power down and provides drive is pretty exceptional. And Fun. Lots and lots of fun."

I don't think any other Audi got so many compliments in so few sentences...

Ritchy
April 15th, 2012, 13:13
RS5 FL safety cars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNRYQ23JJHg

I'm in love with that car! such a beautiful GT....and happy with the results of what is surely the first test of that car.

In latest Autobild Sportscars: 0-100 km/h in 4,2 sec / 0-200 km/h in 14,7 sec :RS5fan:

Seems FL engine has been improved...

Ritchy
May 12th, 2012, 07:34
Hi everyone,

A link to the latest photos of the RS5 FL. Such a beautiful car ! Mine is supposed to enter production week 22 (end of may). Delivery mid June. I'm getting more and more impatient ! :jlol:

http://www.autogespot.nl/audi/rs5-2012/spots?spottype=photo&svdd=0

LittleDevil
May 14th, 2012, 16:39
Black one is awesome!

Ritchy
May 24th, 2012, 20:50
RS5 FL supertest:

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg566/DeDeGCF/Sport%20Auto%20-%20Scans%202012/SA062012%20-%20Audi%20RS5%20SUPERTEST/?action=view&current=supertest_-_audi_rs5.jpg

youry
May 24th, 2012, 23:45
two comments.

* interesting the big tubes to give soem extra fresh air on the engine during dyno (when you drive you might not have that in reality... so it might increases the measured hp vs reality....
* it has cermaic brakes and 280 vmax alligned with theory of getting the better engines...

despite this M3 still get the most points overall..... ad this afert audi gettign about two years more to improve its RS car vs BMW.... audi has been too conservative in setting the expectations in my view since the start....

looks to me from what we read from qisha that future RS6 will do same error.... against new M5.... we will see but can't understand AUDI's logic on this..... goal is to be in front of compeition not just at par or under....

it doesn t change the fact that I will never buy BMW becasue i want a quattro system, but I wonder if Audi will hear us and react for future RS cars....

Ritchy
May 25th, 2012, 18:03
Well about power, there is so much differences between 2 dynos.....we know that well ventilated ones (MTM, etc.) give roughly 35 HP more than usal ones.

Only one thing to do, compare two RS5 on a same dyno, with exactly same settings (same day, same fuel level, same way to use throttle, etc....)

Mine is at painting step, so delivery in 2 weeks ! :incar: You may schedule one day end of june Youry, and compare our two cars. The only way to check if there's an improvement or not, better than isolated revue's figures.

If i remember (correct me if i'm wrong), your experience on your dyno is few cars (2 or 3) around 400HP, most at 430HP, and (2 or 3 as well) around 440/450HP including yours.

Andyuk911
May 25th, 2012, 19:46
Youry,

have you seen the TTS SC as fitted by MRC? ( http://www.mrctuning.com/ )

If I buy a B8 RS4, this would be great to fit ..

andreadebi
May 26th, 2012, 10:27
disappointing time on wet track....and on normal pzero tyre, not pzero corsa

youry
May 26th, 2012, 23:01
Well about power, there is so much differences between 2 dynos.....we know that well ventilated ones (MTM, etc.) give roughly 35 HP more than usal ones.

Only one thing to do, compare two RS5 on a same dyno, with exactly same settings (same day, same fuel level, same way to use throttle, etc....)

Mine is at painting step, so delivery in 2 weeks ! :incar: You may schedule one day end of june Youry, and compare our two cars. The only way to check if there's an improvement or not, better than isolated revue's figures.

If i remember (correct me if i'm wrong), your experience on your dyno is few cars (2 or 3) around 400HP, most at 430HP, and (2 or 3 as well) around 440/450HP including yours.

that is right, but rather most around 420 though than 430

LittleDevil
June 6th, 2012, 16:06
@Ritchy: Already have info when your new beauty will be delivered? :)

Kind regards

Ritchy
June 6th, 2012, 16:44
End of next week. I'll take few pictures, but the car will still have all its plastic protections. The reason is that i'll take it next to my dealer, for a complete covering (paintshield). One more week patience before i discover the new beast....

Joker
June 7th, 2012, 19:02
looks to me from what we read from qisha that future RS6 will do same error.... against new M5.... we will see but can't understand AUDI's logic on this..... goal is to be in front of compeition not just at par or under....

it doesn t change the fact that I will never buy BMW becasue i want a quattro system, but I wonder if Audi will hear us and react for future RS cars....

You seem to have dismissed the RS6 before its even arrived. And anyhow when you say on par or just under, does this refer to acceleration or the overall performance?

Too much importance seems to be placed on acceleration, like when was the last time you happened to meet an M5, etc on the street and race until both reached the limiter?

Talking about having two extra years of development over what BMW release, come on guys we are smarter than that, all these cars must be in the final stages of development in those last 2 years and I am willing to bet engine output is already set by then. It's extreme endurance testing, chassis fine tuning etc that's after this point.

LittleDevil
June 15th, 2012, 18:46
End of next week. I'll take few pictures, but the car will still have all its plastic protections. The reason is that i'll take it next to my dealer, for a complete covering (paintshield). One more week patience before i discover the new beast....

Did you take some pics of your new car? :)

Kind Regards

Ritchy
June 15th, 2012, 23:19
http://staticclub.caradisiac.com/1/voitures-allemandes/branly/photo/12536125/2443427f24/branly-3-img.jpghttp://staticclub.caradisiac.com/1/voitures-allemandes/branly/photo/12536125/2443425357/branly-1-img.jpghttp://staticclub.caradisiac.com/1/voitures-allemandes/branly/photo/12536125/2443426a4e/branly-2-img.jpg

Wonderful car, i picked up today. No better photo, as i kept all protections until the car is fully covered by Paintshield.

But badly disappointed by my dealer. He forgot (even if crosschecked several times with him....) 4 extras:

-heated seats
-rear elect. sun visor
-memory pack including folding ext. mirrors
-and mostly....B&O system

Such bad luck...and almost impossible to modify those items. I thought about not taking the car, but i've already wait a too long time.

Pictures as soon as the car is ready, with first feelings. I hope the engine to be a good surprise...

The RS6
June 15th, 2012, 23:32
Wow, I'd understand if it was a small error, but there is a few thousand euros of equipment there!

Unbeliveable... :(

I find it hard to believe he simply forgot. Is there a chance that they sold your car to someone else offering more money? I've heard of such cases...

Ritchy
June 16th, 2012, 02:59
No, my car is too specific for that (all audi exclusive extras....)

Simple and stupid mistake. Hard to explain with my poor english, but the extras were all included in the PDF format, while those 4 not appear when printing it on a paper. So the assistant in charge of validating all the extras, did it after printing instead of reading it on the computer....

I could not sleep of all night because of that! So stupid...

The RS6
June 16th, 2012, 08:05
OMG, as you say, such a stupid mistake. If there is a printing issue, they should have known about it... :/

I'd give them this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iW1Nff6jgjo

youry
June 16th, 2012, 14:00
brilliant little finger... love it....

Ritchy
June 16th, 2012, 14:22
I cannot accept that situation...i'm going to check on monday if the car may go back to Germany, adding in factory all what is missing. Qisha, hace you already heard about such car returns? Time or money isn't a problem, as far as the car is how i've ordered it...

LittleDevil
June 17th, 2012, 07:58
That is really unacceptable from your dealer. :S

Qisha
June 17th, 2012, 19:44
Dear Ritchy,

if your local dealer indeed misplaced your order configuration, i would recommend not to take delivery. Is your order confirmation accurate? If so, it is your dealers obligation to provide you with a solution for the incorrectly ordered car.

The specs missing respectively wrong equipment can be retrofitted, as far as i can tell without having taken any insight yet. However the effort is demanding but doable.

Qisha

Ritchy
June 18th, 2012, 18:33
I followed your advise Qisha !

Car returns to the dealer, and i'm ordering a new one.

Pitty, i felt this one especially nervous....but i would have focused on all options missing.

The RS6
June 18th, 2012, 18:39

Pitty, i felt this one especially nervous....but i would have focused on all options missing.

That was the right thing to do, hope you get your new car soon.

What do you mean under "nervous"?

Ritchy
June 18th, 2012, 19:03
Well quite impressed by the power, even if not going over 6000 rpm, due to breaking in procedure.

But i didn't drive such a powerful car for over 8 months now, that may explain.

andreadebi
June 19th, 2012, 06:34

good that you will have your proper-individual spec car

Audi will build this car immediately and will deliver it in just few weeks instead normal months for the error?

Ritchy
June 19th, 2012, 19:43
Audi HQ is not responsible for that mistake. Only my local dealer is.

All depends on relations between Audi France and my dealer. And i'm not 100% sure they are working hand in hand....hope i'm wrong.

Today, order of the new one has been done. As to apologize, my dealer offered me the 8W phone option, with internet access.

And i've modified one thing: wheels are going to be the V 20' from the new RS4. They are now available for the RS5. As i have a full new set of 20' rotor with Michelin super sport, i thought it might be the moment to change.

Ritchy

youry
June 19th, 2012, 21:12
you will truly be a talking legend with the RS5 orders..... who in the world will ever order 3 RS5.... that is incredible when you think of it...

Ritchy
June 20th, 2012, 21:33
I hope there is my picture on the RS5 manager's office...:jlol:

Final specs are 20' new RS4 alloys and panther black cristal color, instead of phantom on the previous.