PDA

View Full Version : Daytona RS6 on Encenitas Blvd /San Diego at 530 pm today.. fess up

Brav
February 13th, 2011, 01:37
I waved and you didn't! Are you on the boards here?

ben916
February 13th, 2011, 01:51
um, I was in UTC but didn't get a call..........hint hint
That 100 yr Naval aviation celebration in/around Coronado and the SD bay was a complete cluster f@ck...

Brav
February 13th, 2011, 02:00
Ha sorry man, was on a date w the girl. I actually went to that show, it was a COMPLETE cluster f*ck.

ben916
February 13th, 2011, 02:32
When I was "attempting" to get there via I-8 west and the traffic came to a dead stop under the 805 overpass, I knew it was gonna be either a long day getting there OR an abort.
The plan was to go to Shelter Island at the park there and watch. I thought of getting there via Ocean Beach and going the back way (locals only). Never even made it close!
The abort won out when the kids were crying about the traffic all the way until I-5 north... In-N-Out Burger in Pacific Beach - the kids were all smiles.

Holiday
February 13th, 2011, 03:32
Didn't make it back West for the Centennial, but I was sent videos; looked to be a terrific show, and a once in a lifetime chance to see a formation like that..!

Brav
February 14th, 2011, 05:39
I ended up bypassing the Coronado bridge and going south, and went completely around and up from that way. Thought I was pretty smart, bypassed ALL the traffic. then I got into the base, 1.5 hours just to park!!! it was the WORST organization of any event I had ever been at. It was embarrassing. They had an intersection which was the culprit. When I finally got there, they had 3 lanes in all directions going into 1, with people and cars all taking turns. Many people were just turning around and leaving.

Caught the end of the show.. the Formation flew over our heads in the parking lot! was amazing!