PDA

View Full Version : WOW! The car is running AMAZING!

PALETTE
February 11th, 2011, 22:11
I think its running really Good for a Sub Zero ground its -11 here today, Roads have salt on them and its still basicly stock other then a Really good Tune and we are still playing with it, I think a 3.5 is deffinetly doable I did run a 3.7 but i cant find the file so the 3.8 will have to stand for now.

Eric you can add this to the performance list!

Big thanks to EPL for helping me tune this Bad boy!

ttboost
February 11th, 2011, 22:31
Nice!!! She's a ripper...

MaxRS6
February 11th, 2011, 23:06
There she goooooooeeeeeeeesssssss! Congrats!

covertw12
February 11th, 2011, 23:24
DAMN !!! I need me one of them toys ! and damn fast car you've got...... how often do you find you need to fill up the meth ? Did you do the stage 3 kit ? and can you get 100 octane up there ? I do a mixed tank of 100 and 93 every Friday with a 3 0z shot of Aces, switch to the APR Ecu 100 octane setting and then hope for an "encounter" with something fast...... hopefully in the morning tomorrow, we're supposed to be back into the high 40's again.....can't imagine the extra boost 50 degrees colder !

I also can't imagine how fast Speedtrapped's car will end up being....... wheeeeeee !!!!!

Cheers ~

ttboost
February 11th, 2011, 23:35
Yeah, Stephen has a Pbox now too, very curious to see how his car runs...

speedtrapped
February 11th, 2011, 23:37
damn Palette!...ok now tomorrow i am gonna take the now beast and do a 0-60 run on the vbox, oil burn and all......then ofcourse when swap 0-60 again.... 3.8 is excellent

speedtrapped
February 11th, 2011, 23:38
just turn on, performance mode, ded stop....gun it to 60mph and stop right?

Beastly
February 12th, 2011, 00:02
holy crap that is fast

ttboost
February 12th, 2011, 00:28

Stick it on your windshield, plug it in, make sure you have a signal (might take a few minutes). When you see your MPH come up on the left side, you have a signal. Push in your SD card if you want to record it. Just drive and it will record everything you do.

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 00:33
DAMN !!! I need me one of them toys ! and damn fast car you've got...... how often do you find you need to fill up the meth ? Did you do the stage 3 kit ? and can you get 100 octane up there ? I do a mixed tank of 100 and 93 every Friday with a 3 0z shot of Aces, switch to the APR Ecu 100 octane setting and then hope for an "encounter" with something fast...... hopefully in the morning tomorrow, we're supposed to be back into the high 40's again.....can't imagine the extra boost 50 degrees colder !

I also can't imagine how fast Speedtrapped's car will end up being....... wheeeeeee !!!!!

Cheers ~

i have gone through a Jug already but that was a Very spirited drive LOL

We have 894 here and i haven't got my Aces yet so that's all that is in it till i do get it.
As for the stage 3??? nope its the Aquamist kit ! size fits all.

Guys thanks for the thumbs up.

Mike you were spot on with the EPL tune buddy. It is very tuneable and rocks!

I will post more data soon eg: Dyno and more 0-60
there is a 3.5 in this thing i know it!

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 00:35
Push in your SD card if you want to record it. Just drive and it will record everything you do.

thats what i forgot to do the other day!

Benman
February 12th, 2011, 00:43
holy crap that is fast

Ditto that! That is insanely impressive!!!

speedtrapped
February 12th, 2011, 01:54
Big thumbs up on meth kit, big differnece in power...very happy with the mod.

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 01:56

You may want to go over 60 to make sure you dont lift before. I hit 70 then let off. Its a rush i will tell yea!

And dont worry if you dont get it the first time, Keep going and do it again, It will display your best time.

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 01:57
Big thumbs up on meth kit, big differnece in power...very happy with the mod.

How may jugs have you gone through? y wife is starting to wounder about me stocking up LOL I guess 3 cases was a bit much. I found some good stuff -49

speedtrapped
February 12th, 2011, 02:04
i just got back yesterday, 1/2 so far......I have jug, ordered 4 gallons of boost juice, 30 bucks but shipping was 45 bucks!....I have to get my hand on 5 gallon container of methanol

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 02:21
i just got back yesterday, 1/2 so far......I have jug, ordered 4 gallons of boost juice, 30 bucks but shipping was 45 bucks!....I have to get my hand on 5 gallon container of methanol

Thank god it only washer fluid! and not NOS!

Ruergard
February 12th, 2011, 09:09
That is quick, seriously quick! Could you do a 0-100 mph run as well?

ttboost
February 12th, 2011, 11:59
You guys are using windshield washer fluid? I thought you were running 100% meth? You are leaving power on the table if you are not using 100% meth.

4everRS
February 12th, 2011, 13:17
My thoughts as well. If your going to go with a "meth" tune, what's the point in just washer fluid. Now for me, I don't want to have to worry about running out of fluid, so I will not be getting a "meth" tune. Yes leaving power on the table, but also I won't care if I run out.
You guys are using windshield washer fluid? I thought you were running 100% meth? You are leaving power on the table if you are not using 100% meth.

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 13:41
That is quick, seriously quick! Could you do a 0-100 mph run as well?

I will certainly! I wanted to do it today but the roads are bad again, and they will be for the next 2-3 days.

But i might give it a shot in the snow LOL

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 13:43

Please explain. Meth is to be cut 50/50 correct? I was told you cant run straight. Plus it is a bit hazardous if there is leak?

But i did find a -49 one yesterday..

ttboost
February 12th, 2011, 20:58
I've been running straight meth in my Turbo since day one. VP's M1 Methanol. Aquamist kit is good for it. No problems. 100% meth gives you better octane AND cooling than WW fluid. No more hazardous than that big tank of gasoline under your ars...

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 21:42
I've been running straight meth in my Turbo since day one. VP's M1 Methanol. Aquamist kit is good for it. No problems. 100% meth gives you better octane AND cooling than WW fluid. No more hazardous than that big tank of gasoline under your ars...

guess i'm in need of a new \bottle and some M1 - Look out 3.5!!

PALETTE
February 13th, 2011, 20:09
The car just keeps getting Faster! Went out to do a 0-100 and the roads had me hanging on to the Wheel to control the car. So I ended up doing a few 0-60 and did 2 3.8 and then a 3.7. I think I should hit a 3.5 very soon!!!

yokust
February 13th, 2011, 23:54
If you run straight 100% meth you need a realt tune for the setup. If you just add straight meth to a car it will add 'knock' and comp will cut down tuning. More fuel is always needed when full meth is being used

ttboost
February 14th, 2011, 00:22
Methanol IS fuel. Your A/F will drop about a point if you run 100% meth. You are adding octane AND a cooling medium by spraying 100% meth. You are 100% correct when you say you need a tune to support 100% meth injection.

hahnmgh63
February 14th, 2011, 00:24
I could see if you were mixing Methanol with your fuel directly but if your doing a light spray in your intake to get the cooling and a slight Octane boost then I wouldn't think you would need a special tune. I would think that you could do a special tune to advance your boost or timing at the point of injection but I wouldn't think it would be needed?

ttboost
February 14th, 2011, 00:30
I could see if you were mixing Methanol with your fuel directly but if your doing a light spray in your intake to get the cooling and a slight Octane boost then I wouldn't think you would need a special tune. I would think that you could do a special tune to advance your boost or timing at the point of injection but I wouldn't think it would be needed?

Well, IMO, typically the reason you USE Meth, is to add timing and/or add boost or both, in which case, a tune is needed. If you just wanted octane, there are other products available to give you that edge, if you just want cooling, you can just spray water, in which case no tune is needed, usually, as you are looking to mitigate knock only.

PALETTE
February 14th, 2011, 01:12
Its all in the tune and the ability to tune. for now i'm sticking with the washer fulid for saftey and i can get it anywhere.

JSRS6
February 14th, 2011, 01:30
Its all in the tune and the ability to tune. for now i'm sticking with the washer fulid for saftey and i can get it anywhere.

Sounds like a plan to me. Can't wait!