PDA

View Full Version : Need helop troublesooting a few issues...

nistah
February 11th, 2011, 15:22
My RS6 has a few minor issues that annoy me, wanted to guage the help of the forum to suggest the roots of these issues and then address as needed

1. An intermittant shrill whine that come from the front passenger side wheelwell area

2. When the car has just been started and goes over a speedbump the suspension seems to creak and moan a little bit.

3. ever so slight vibration that appears to be coming from the front passenger side seatbelt area.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Nistah
:rs6kiss:

marklar182
February 11th, 2011, 16:19
2. Do you have DRC? Is the noise coming from the front or rear?

SteveKen
February 11th, 2011, 17:25
1. Does this happen only when the car is cold? If so, it could be the secondary air injection pump. If it does it without the car moving and the engine warm, then you might have a bad bearing in your alternator?

Just some thoughts.

nistah
February 11th, 2011, 19:07
2. Do you have DRC? Is the noise coming from the front or rear?
I believe I have DRC with recall already performed & think it is coming from all four wheels?

nistah
February 11th, 2011, 19:08
1. Does this happen only when the car is cold? If so, it could be the secondary air injection pump. If it does it without the car moving and the engine warm, then you might have a bad bearing in your alternator?

Just some thoughts.

Yes mostly when the car is cold, I will check secondary air injection pump, thx!