PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on new car!

Chuvips
February 10th, 2011, 16:20
Well, guys, here is the problem:

A man, 50 years old, active way of life. Now drives A8 6.0 short wheel base.

Here are the possible decisions:

1. Buy a Mercedes CL500 4matic.
+ the only coupe in this class, good for a person who always drives and mostly alone.
high comfort
really beatiful car (his and my opinion)
- new model in 2013
price
it's a Merc, hard decision for a person who's been driving Audi for last 11 years

2. Buy a forthcoming A8 4.0T.
+ It's an Audi
It's cheaper
also high comfort
- seems to be too huge and not so nice as before
not a driver's car image

3. Buy a forthcoming S8.
All the same as A8 4.0T, but should look more sporty and more like driver's car

4. Buy a forthcoming S7.
+ Even better price
Not to big
Very "alive", sporty driving feeling
One of the nicest recent Audis
- No feeling of top-class car.
More noisy
Less comfort

Need your advice!
Thanks in advance!

JSRS6
February 10th, 2011, 17:14
My vote is the S8.

Brav
February 10th, 2011, 18:52
Negative on CL550.. its too feminine for me. Quite comfortable, quite numb. but it wont age well I dont think. The only Merc I would own is a CLK Black Series..

Chuvips
February 11th, 2011, 07:11
My vote is the S8.

quite likely this will be the final decision)

Negative on CL550.. its too feminine for me. Quite comfortable, quite numb. but it wont age well I dont think. The only Merc I would own is a CLK Black Series..

I would either maybe, but it's not for me:)

Brav
February 11th, 2011, 17:16
I wasn't suggesting it for your purposes.. but if I HAD to have a merc.. :)

AndyBG
February 12th, 2011, 17:04
Bentley CGT is MB CLs rival... Maybe you can conside that car...

Otherwise, A8 4.0 T quattro or S8 if you want to wait for it...

ben916
February 12th, 2011, 18:18
If $$$$$$ isn't an option, Bentley Supersports (AWD, V12 twin turbo).
It seems there is quite a following in Moscow with the A8/S8 so I might be concerned with theft...

mmaturo
February 12th, 2011, 20:35
S8 and i disagree on the new A8 being not as nice...I just sat in a loaded A8L and it is just plain gorgeous with the best seats for comfort i have ever sat in. The interior has layers and layers of interest to it more so than the D3 to me anyway. The example I was in had brown leather then suede inserts a very interesting wood and piano black accents. All switchgear is top notch and the extra detail to the B&O speakers all in metal look fantastic. The new MMI is so easy to use and the addition of the touchpad alone makes me want one. Anyway I think it is nicer. The exterior they keep showing it in light colors that are not so good on it but a black or dark metallic blue will make the car look fantastic.

CL is a waste of money off the dealer lot, it loses $50K in value in the first 10 feet. Not a fan of the styling either. Too big and just not enough content (or speed/handling) to justify the price for a big heavy coupe. Bentley is the answer for that type of GT.