PDA

View Full Version : A few pics

JSRS6
February 10th, 2011, 13:21
As far as the exterior, i think im almost done. Tint and a few touch-ups on the trim is about all that is left. Here are a couple shots i took, shes not looking her best though. I picked the rims up yesterday and found a place to remove tires, mount and balance tires on new rims. So now i have my old rims for sale. If anybody is interested, ill take 400 as they are, or 900 refinished in the color of your choice + shipping whichever.

twinsteve
February 10th, 2011, 13:41
What are your old rims? OEM?

JSRS6
February 10th, 2011, 13:50
What are your old rims? OEM?

Yep.....

twinsteve
February 10th, 2011, 14:56
Just sent you a PM

PALETTE
February 10th, 2011, 14:58
Looks good! God i hate this Snow!

speedtrapped
February 10th, 2011, 15:11
Nice Josh! great look with Avus

MaxRS6
February 10th, 2011, 15:45
Vedy nice Josh! I know that must put a smile on your face every time you load in- Watch out idjuits!

JSRS6
February 10th, 2011, 17:08
Vedy nice Josh! I know that must put a smile on your face every time you load in- Watch out idjuits!

Every time i look at her, yes. Sometimes i will look out the window just to stare. And yes, there are plenty of idjuits around these parts...

M5 Eater
February 10th, 2011, 17:40
She looks great with the powder coated rims, Bravo!!!!!

See you when I get back in June.

M5 Eater

skribe
February 10th, 2011, 19:01
Super needs a tint. But you know that. If you post this on Audizine, you find out that you need spacers (Not! :))

Are your rims gloss or matte? Nice work making it yours!

V8weight
February 10th, 2011, 19:39
Super needs a tint. But you know that. If you post this on Audizine, you find out that you need spacers (Not! :))

I've been limiting my time on "the Zine" since they helped me realize that with the RS6, I'm only trying to catch up with the "awesomeness" that is the 2.7 A6.

DHall1
February 10th, 2011, 19:49
And we all know Casey or whatever his name is.....is the king RS6 with his DRC jacked up 9in rims and 20et+spacers setup.

just sayin

I've been limiting my time on "the Zine" since they helped me realize that with the RS6, I'm only trying to catch up with the "awesomeness" that is the 2.7 A6.

skribe
February 10th, 2011, 19:57
And we all know Casey or whatever his name is.....is the king RS6 with his DRC jacked up 9in rims and 20et+spacers setup.

just sayin

Yeah that particular car looks so, so stupid sitting on those huge 20's at the stock ride height. You and I can agree on that one Dave!

RS 6 Donk anybody?

ben916
February 10th, 2011, 22:00

If I were you, Joshua, I would keep those OEMs, just in case....

O/T: Or that it HAS to be slammed or bagged or douched or whatever the hip saying is now...

JSRS6
February 10th, 2011, 22:31

They are matte. Thats my theme, matte outside everything and satin inside everything.

skribe
February 10th, 2011, 23:12
...satin inside everything.

Have you "satinized" your interior trim?

I'm kinda bothered by the high-gloss epoxy resin carbon pieces inside my beast... so shiny and plasticy. Had a thought to lay matte clear vinyl over them to give them a matte finish. Anybody ever attempt something like that?

My brother's M3 has factory "raw" carbon interior trim -- looks tough and no distracting reflections... liked it.

JSRS6
February 10th, 2011, 23:18
Another thought might be to have them sprayed with matte clear coat.

JSRS6
February 10th, 2011, 23:20
And yes, I was done with the wood grain.

Brav
February 11th, 2011, 00:45
Have you "satinized" your interior trim?

I'm kinda bothered by the high-gloss epoxy resin carbon pieces inside my beast... so shiny and plasticy. Had a thought to lay matte clear vinyl over them to give them a matte finish. Anybody ever attempt something like that?

My brother's M3 has factory "raw" carbon interior trim -- looks tough and no distracting reflections... liked it.

I dont like the "carbon look" cloth weave in the M3. However, Satin (most people call matte, but its really satin) finish on real carbon is beautiful. I really want this for my interior. I do it on any exterior carbon. Less resistant to the elements, but such is life. Down the road I may go with aftermarket carbon interior in a satin finish, if I can convince my friend to do the overlay for me..

If I were to spray the stock trim, I'm sure the existing cracks and defects would be magnified.. my front trim above the airbag is quite ugly from what looks like sun-stroke.

JSRS6
February 11th, 2011, 00:53
I dont like the "carbon look" cloth weave in the M3. However, Satin (most people call matte, but its really satin) finish on real carbon is beautiful. I really want this for my interior. I do it on any exterior carbon. Less resistant to the elements, but such is life. Down the road I may go with aftermarket carbon interior in a satin finish, if I can convince my friend to do the overlay for me..

If I were to spray the stock trim, I'm sure the existing cracks and defects would be magnified.. my front trim above the airbag is quite ugly from what looks like sun-stroke.

It's actually below the airbag, but whos counting :hihi:

A good filler and proper prep would likely have your stock trim looking like brand new after spray...