PDA

View Full Version : Ok here it goes, feedback and comments on a big decision

speedtrapped
February 10th, 2011, 03:34
Hopefully title grabbed ya, my Indy mechanic who ran DCH Audi service department had some very interesting news for me tonight when I picked up the beast.....he said what if I could get u a specially built level 10 tranny, able to handle 700hp, and a dahlback stage 3 turbo kit with dahlback dp's( btw gt30), that when he installed at a cost door just the stage 3 was $20k pRoduced 630hp, 725 lbs tq, ok whats the catch....it's a client that when he did $40k in upgrades to his beast drove her for 5500 miles in last 16 months, total mileage is 51500 on engine, crashed the car and insurance company totaled because they dissent want to get involved with replacing his mods....I can buy the car for $13500.00, engine and tranny are mint and likely the strongest RS6 around. I would swap entire engine and tranny, sell the my block and tranny, sell an ecu, wagners, entire interior, kwv3, my mechanic would handle the dismantle and arrangements. He thinks I could move my tranny and engine for $6-7k, and parting out rest, make about enough to cover 13500.00. I would gain an awesome power plant, driveline, huge turbos, super strong tranny.....what do u think, besides me being crazy

JSRS6
February 10th, 2011, 04:29
Well, you know what i think...

4everRS
February 10th, 2011, 04:38
You sir, are a wild and crazy guy. I say go for it. But I do make a living with other people's money (usually investing it, rather than spending though).

Can this be done to your engine? I mean turbo and tranny swap. This may not be cost effective I guess, but I am just thinking numbers matching. You know, in case it goes through Barrett Jackson someday. :hihi:

JSRS6
February 10th, 2011, 04:54
Can this be done to your engine? I mean turbo and tranny swap. This may not be cost effective I guess, but I am just thinking numbers matching. You know, in case it goes through Barrett Jackson someday. :hihi:

It can definitely be done. That was his original idea. But it will be a hell of a lot easier to simply swap entire assemblies. This beast will have to be renamed: Monster. In fact, stephen, you could get a german plate for the front that says that with a german o...

DHall1
February 10th, 2011, 05:24
I have only one thing to say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_xNgpSNrM

Hopefully title grabbed ya, my Indy mechanic who ran DCH Audi service department had some very interesting news for me tonight when I picked up the beast.....he said what if I could get u a specially built level 10 tranny, able to handle 700hp, and a dahlback stage 3 turbo kit with dahlback dp's( btw gt30), that when he installed at a cost door just the stage 3 was $20k pRoduced 630hp, 725 lbs tq, ok whats the catch....it's a client that when he did $40k in upgrades to his beast drove her for 5500 miles in last 16 months, total mileage is 51500 on engine, crashed the car and insurance company totaled because they dissent want to get involved with replacing his mods....I can buy the car for $13500.00, engine and tranny are mint and likely the strongest RS6 around. I would swap entire engine and tranny, sell the my block and tranny, sell an ecu, wagners, entire interior, kwv3, my mechanic would handle the dismantle and arrangements. He thinks I could move my tranny and engine for $6-7k, and parting out rest, make about enough to cover 13500.00. I would gain an awesome power plant, driveline, huge turbos, super strong tranny.....what do u think, besides me being crazy

SteveKen
February 10th, 2011, 13:45
LOL. I wonder how many people are now googling their fingers off trying to find this and see if they can snag it for themselves.

I say do it. You might have more work if the crash damaged any of the internals, but you would still have two of everything.

Dibs on the front and back bumpers and sideskirts if they're still intact. Lol. (no seriously)

JSRS6
February 10th, 2011, 13:53
I have only one thing to say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_xNgpSNrM

I dont think Stephens wife would go that far...:hihi:

DHall1
February 10th, 2011, 14:03
Is it that Dahlback car on youtube? Seems like that vid is very old and had some hacked up front mount intercooler on it.

speedtrapped
February 10th, 2011, 14:11
no sir, this guy who owns it knows Dion(drive autoworks), Dion and Aldwin did all the mods at DCH...he is 48 years old and luvs speed...I instructed Dion its a go.....

covertw12
February 10th, 2011, 14:18
WOW........ that'll be another league for sure ! any changes to the cooling for tranny etc ? might be good to toss the FMU stuff in if not....I assume they've already done the fueling side of things... very jealous ! and I think you're just the guy to take this plunge ! Keep us posted on the progress assuming you pull the trigger on it.....

speedtrapped
February 10th, 2011, 14:31
dahlback fuel pump, 5bar fpr, and i think modded oil cooler

speedtrapped
February 10th, 2011, 14:32
the stage 3 u/g from dahlback alone was $20k(turbos, dp, tune).....the level 10 tranny was customized for the car, $10k...all with less then 5200 miles on it

speedtrapped
February 10th, 2011, 14:39
Hey Dave ya know what might be fun? Take the dahlback stage 3 tune, dyno...then take my ecu, have Jerry review the data, and tailor my EC tune for the bigger turbos!!!!

speedtrapped
February 10th, 2011, 14:40
LOL. I wonder how many people are now googling their fingers off trying to find this and see if they can snag it for themselves.

I say do it. You might have more work if the crash damaged any of the internals, but you would still have two of everything.

Dibs on the front and back bumpers and sideskirts if they're still intact. Lol. (no seriously)
Ha...I thought I might wait on posting till cash tendered, but I trust u all.....back bumper and side skirts are intact, front bumper, driverside is not....when it comes I will PM ya

speedtrapped
February 10th, 2011, 14:41
:race:btw the dahlback intake and snow stage 3 are already placed

PALETTE
February 10th, 2011, 15:02
Thats a little project LOL, Well hope all goes well with your plan.

BTW LOVE my Meth kit!

speedtrapped
February 10th, 2011, 15:09
Ditto on the Meth! really suprised me how much a diff when temps outside are cold....

ttboost
February 10th, 2011, 15:27
haha meth newbies...

speedtrapped
February 10th, 2011, 15:32
hahaha...hey Mike ya think with my plans for an engine driveline swap, i could do 3.5, 0-60???:hahahehe:

ttboost
February 10th, 2011, 15:35
hahaha...hey Mike ya think with my plans for an engine driveline swap, i could do 3.5, 0-60???:hahahehe:

Base on what I heard, you might be able to do it now?

speedtrapped
February 10th, 2011, 15:39
well i do have the vbox sitting on my dash, but honestly work and terrible conditions have kept from doing some runs, I still plan to....btw if the deal gets finalized today, I wont be swapping anything until summer....as Dave alluded to earlier my wife finds out and she will castrate me....what turned into I want to buy an RS6 to learn to track for $25k, has turned into a hot steamy luv affair(sorry D3 S8), that I have dropped about $12k extra in so far......

ttboost
February 10th, 2011, 15:54
well i do have the vbox sitting on my dash, but honestly work and terrible conditions have kept from doing some runs, I still plan to....btw if the deal gets finalized today, I wont be swapping anything until summer....as Dave alluded to earlier my wife finds out and she will castrate me....what turned into I want to buy an RS6 to learn to track for $25k, has turned into a hot steamy luv affair(sorry D3 S8), that I have dropped about $12k extra in so far......

Yeah, I continue to dump more time and money into my 996 turbo,(well, more time than money, thankfully). I have no interest, right now, in trying to make the RS6 a 600whp monster...

speedtrapped
February 10th, 2011, 15:58
to each his own, and btw, the set up makes 645hp/750tq..., honestly I miss my 911, 03' C4S cab, fabspeed header to rear, evolution cold air and chip, was a blast to drive, but with three small kids, I never drove it. now an RS6 or the S8 have b@lls and I can take my kids everywhere....I can see a TV commercial now....

M5 Eater
February 10th, 2011, 17:51
my mechanic would handle the dismantle and arrangements. He thinks I could move my tranny and engine for $6-7k, and parting out rest,

Sorry for my absence, I've been gearing up for my trip. If you're pulling the trigger on this let me know. I have a few things on my wish list that I might be able to get from your parted car, I will send you a list.

I will be checking the forum every once and a while during my trip, when I have the time.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with you and meeting Dion in June. I wll keep in touch with you and Dion while I'm gone.

M5 Eater

skribe
February 10th, 2011, 18:57
:pop:

MaxRS6
February 10th, 2011, 19:04
^^ +1

This will be an interesting project to follow- Good luck on creating the monster!

nistah
February 10th, 2011, 19:08
I say go for it, sounds like a lot of hp gain for low cost if all the moving parts of the deal gel and you can move your current parts to folks !! ......

If you're pulling the trigger on this let me know. I have a few things on my wish list that I might be able to get from your parted car, I will send you a list.

M5 Eater

Speedtrapped: Me too!
M5: Enjoy your journey...we have more pavement to stomp upon your return.

Cheers, Nistah

speedtrapped
February 10th, 2011, 20:51
Of course.....there will be parts...btw I am seriously considering selling my S8(i dont drive it)...Gonna considering trading it in for something or sell it on consignment at Dions. 2 Audis, and honestly I love driving the RS6 so much, I only drive 7k miles a year(mass commute)...the S8 i have had for a year and put 2k miles on it...

Stephencl
February 11th, 2011, 04:41
What year is your S8? What color scheme?

speedtrapped
February 11th, 2011, 11:06
It's an 07' with 24700 miles, black with a two tone black/grey leather interior, carbon fiber trim. See this actuallyhas been in my mind now for several months. I luv driving both , but prefer the RS6. So the S8 sits in garage. It's sort of silly to have two similar vehicles. I would still get another car, but I want to have something diff.

speedtrapped
February 11th, 2011, 11:08
Oh failed to mention, milltek catback(nasty sound on v10) and eurocharged stage1, CPO'ed....but I have heard the warranty no longer is transferable.

speedtrapped
February 11th, 2011, 18:18
Bingo!!!! $13k , done deal....deal is contigent on my mechanic starting, site check, leaks etc inspection ....seller sent pics, damage is all on passenger side front fender up to door.... The story is, guy was in tears lastnight(btw he made $ between insurance and Mod insurance) described how a friend begged him to take car out for drive. He gave him the keys and elected to stay at house...friend couldnt handle and mangled it......I will have extensive pics of process, and I will post up damage of car tonight when i get home, 1 wagner destroyed, 1 kwv3 shot...I am keeping the engine/driveline...the dahlback intake and meth are Josh's.... if ya think of anything PM me

SteveKen
February 11th, 2011, 18:32
ygm. good luck.

ben916
February 11th, 2011, 19:25
ygm.......................

nistah
February 11th, 2011, 20:40
Ygm.....

speedtrapped
February 12th, 2011, 00:21
here are the pics, if deal is finalized tomorrow then i will start a build thread

DonS
February 12th, 2011, 01:44
I'd be interested in the carbon fiber trim and any RSN-E or ipod goodies. Does it have window shades?

You're going to have crazy fun with this project. And then crazy fun on the streets. I hope your driver's license stays in your wallet and not being shown to all sorts of law enforcement.

speedtrapped
February 12th, 2011, 01:49
dons CF is yours....not sure about the rns-e...i have really been sold on 51k miles, dahlback stage3 racing upgrade(GT30's), Level10 customized for the car(700+HP), dahlback FP, FPR, etc, etc...shades are going to stephencl...btw all I will make a list of parts taken, and left...give me at least 2-3 days....sale is not final for me until my mechanic PPI's in person, and engine driveline are in good working order, will know tomorrow.
As for law enforcement, that will be tough, but I live close enough to track and strips to learn and explore the possibilities of the new improved beast

JSRS6
February 12th, 2011, 01:52
E-town baby!!!

DonS
February 12th, 2011, 01:55
Yes, the trip you are about to embark on is epic. Keep the info coming! And lots of pictures. Fingers crossed that the drivetrain checks outs.

speedtrapped
February 12th, 2011, 01:56
ok help a clueless man out, what is e town?

speedtrapped
February 12th, 2011, 01:59
Josh I have been thinking about something......if it all goes as planned, i promise to eliminate my sig mods and just have, Special Sauce.

JSRS6
February 12th, 2011, 03:09
ok help a clueless man out, what is e town?

Google englishtown, nj drag strip.

JSRS6
February 12th, 2011, 03:10
Josh I have been thinking about something......if it all goes as planned, i promise to eliminate my sig mods and just have, Special Sauce.

hahaha:hihi:

speedtrapped
February 12th, 2011, 03:23
Aahh englishtown, know it

JSRS6
February 12th, 2011, 03:28
That's where Marc made a lot of his best runs.

ttboost
February 12th, 2011, 11:57
Aahh englishtown, know it

My new home track... as I now live closer to E town than Lebanon Valley...

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 13:56
My new home track... as I now live closer to E town than Lebanon Valley...

Some people are just LUCKY!

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 14:02

I don't think you need all that to do a 3.5 trust me these cars are there with the right Tune. I already ran a 3.7 but forgot to insert the car in the Pbox, I show you yesterday that a 3.8 is there with Shitty cold roads. Not making any excuses but i do believe that these cars with Less then 5grand in upgrades will run 420-450 whp and will run 3.5 0-60

JSRS6
February 12th, 2011, 14:56
I don't think you need all that to do a 3.5 trust me these cars are there with the right Tune. I already ran a 3.7 but forgot to insert the car in the Pbox, I show you yesterday that a 3.8 is there with Shitty cold roads. Not making any excuses but i do believe that these cars with Less then 5grand in upgrades will run 420-450 whp and will run 3.5 0-60

I know Stephen has done a lot more, but I'm WAYYYY under 5k in performance mods...and I have 420hp. :hihi:

And soon to get another healthy bump. :addict:

speedtrapped
February 12th, 2011, 14:56
Well engine swap is happening anyway, and with right tune I will push insane numbers.....to be continued

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 15:36
I know Stephen has done a lot more, but I'm WAYYYY under 5k in performance mods...and I have 420hp. :hihi:

And soon to get another healthy bump. :addict:

420 WHP?
Whats the next plan?

Well engine swap is happening anyway, and with right tune I will push insane numbers.....to be continued

I hope you do. It would be nice to have a real Monster on the Board!

speedtrapped
February 12th, 2011, 15:59
Palette it's a sickness, it just turned out to be luck. Prior to burning oil, I spent on tune, meth,wagners,DV,and soon to be FMU....$5200.00, oh wait DP, and milltek, $8k....dp where worth it, milltek catback, nope.....since I may or may not have blown riverside turbo, coming across a pristine, 51k cosworth w/ $30k in upgrades and a $10k level 10, all mods and tranny have 5k miles on them was to good to pass up for $13k....if my turbo is blown I could of just rebuilt, but knowing me I would upgraded, $12k right there.....my mechanic Dion has my engine/ tranny sold! If I told that , net of sale it cost me $3k + labor, $2700., and my RS 6 will push 700/800.

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 16:04
:applause:
Palette it's a sickness, it just turned out to be luck. Prior to burning oil, I spent on tune, meth,wagners,DV,and soon to be FMU....$5200.00, oh wait DP, and milltek, $8k....dp where worth it, milltek catback, nope.....since I may or may not have blown riverside turbo, coming across a pristine, 51k cosworth w/ $30k in upgrades and a $10k level 10, all mods and tranny have 5k miles on them was to good to pass up for $13k....if my turbo is blown I could of just rebuilt, but knowing me I would upgraded, $12k right there.....my mechanic Dion has my engine/ tranny sold! If I told that , net of sale it cost me $3k + labor, $2700., and my RS 6 will push 700/800.:applause:

Lucky you! if i even told my wife i was upgrading and spending money on my Car again she would say i'm really sick in the head! LOL (i know i am):jlol:

speedtrapped
February 12th, 2011, 16:19
Yup, let's never get them together.....I just dropped my S8 for consignment, I don't drive it....told my wife, she said con grads ur now down to 2 for yourself, I said well if I sell S8 I will need to replace it and I quote "do not discuss your cars with me anymore" end quote

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 16:23
Yup, let's never get them together.....I just dropped my S8 for consignment, I don't drive it....told my wife, she said con grads ur now down to 2 for yourself, I said well if I sell S8 I will need to replace it and I quote "do not discuss your cars with me anymore" end quote

HAHAHA!!! Yea the Economy is killing my sales right now or i would have my Porsche at 1000hp and my RS6 at 500+

JSRS6
February 12th, 2011, 22:03
420 WHP?
Whats the next plan?

I am getting the dahlback intake and stage 3 snow meth kit. And at the next dyno day, another retune :addict:

MaxRS6
February 12th, 2011, 22:21
You guys are on the demon chase....Good luck and God Speed!

PALETTE
February 12th, 2011, 22:50
I am getting the dahlback intake and stage 3 snow meth kit. And at the next dyno day, another retune :addict:

chaching!!!

LOOK OUT DYNO!!

skribe
February 13th, 2011, 00:10
Ha ha, she gave up. Don't let her go, she's a saint. :)

speedtrapped
February 13th, 2011, 01:22
Ha ha, she gave up. Don't let her go, she's a saint. :)

Vas ist das?

ben916
February 13th, 2011, 01:57
ya better invest in some of those OKADA Project coil packs..

speedtrapped
February 13th, 2011, 02:53
I am waiting for my money tree to flower, just a sapling

JSRS6
February 13th, 2011, 03:00
Just a sapling? I might have to get you to invest some money while I'm overseas...

nistah
February 13th, 2011, 03:33
my RS 6 will push 700/800.

So I guess you have all but forgotten the CTS-V Wagon idea? In any case pm me with a photo and ballpark asking for your S8, I have a friend thinking of buying an 07 S550 and want to try and convert him..

speedtrapped
February 13th, 2011, 03:43
Nope, I did not forget about wagon. I don't ever buy new on hi end cars. The wagon should come about off lease in 2+ years......send me your cell I will text u photos. And will give u the info

speedtrapped
February 13th, 2011, 03:43
When I sell the S8 I might buy 996 TT, abundant, fast and reasonable

PALETTE
February 13th, 2011, 05:22
When I sell the S8 I might buy 996 TT, abundant, fast and reasonable

NOW YOUR TALKING!!!! Mine is still on the block

micdee
February 13th, 2011, 13:33
Guys I love the discussions about real cars, like audi's and porsches, but uhm... where are the pics speedtrapped????
I know I have read it in the :deal: ..picies need to be included and posted
:hahahehe:

ben916
February 13th, 2011, 15:57
..picies need to be included and posted

yeah, we need some Audi porn...

speedtrapped
February 13th, 2011, 16:01
Guys I love the discussions about real cars, like audi's and porsches, but uhm... where are the pics speedtrapped????
I know I have read it in the :deal: ..picies need to be included and posted

here ya go....RS6, S8, 71' Bronco

speedtrapped
February 13th, 2011, 16:02
and the pics of the wreck are 2 pages back

arS6
February 13th, 2011, 19:50
Google englishtown, nj drag strip.

Too bad it's only open when weather is warm enough.

micdee
February 14th, 2011, 09:05
Great cars. :thumb:.

I wish I could afford such a threesome.....

and the pics of the wreck are 2 pages back

yes... I saw them and gave me a light hartache. On the other hand it provides you with the necessary parts.

but .........

Ask your :mech: to make a photo journal of the conversion. me is always interested in such shoots..

speedtrapped
February 14th, 2011, 11:15
We plan to take alot of pics, and I will happily post. Looking forward to the swap.

speedtrapped
February 14th, 2011, 18:53
Ok- I realize I may lose some friends, but Dion told me NOT to sell anything out of the wreck, yet. He has a body shop guy who wants to buy entire wreck w/ my engine and driveline for $10k. Considering I live 1.5 hours from the shop and work out of NYC during week, this is an ideal solution(for me, sorry). If the sale falls thru I will compile the list, and it will take some time, because the only day I can do breakdowns would be saturdays. Right now the whole kit and kaboodle is sold...I am sorry all....

arS6
February 14th, 2011, 22:56
Speedtrapped - Can you sell me the spare wheel in the trunk??? Please! They'll never know...or it never came with one *wink*

I'm in NYC, will come and get it.

skribe
February 14th, 2011, 23:30
...and work out of NYC during week

Do you ever stay in NY during the week? I'm there now and then... in the Bowery Hotel as we speak. Buy you a beer sometime.

speedtrapped
February 15th, 2011, 00:44
Skribe, I will def take u up on that. I work from 7-5 and commute home, but my business tends have me 2x a week...I will pm u my cell.

JSRS6
February 15th, 2011, 01:36
Speedtrapped - Can you sell me the spare wheel in the trunk??? Please! They'll never know...or it never came with one *wink*

I'm in NYC, will come and get it.

Want mine? I'm a little further south, but I'll ship it the cheapest way possible. I am going to get rid of my spare and fab up a place for the snow tank(s? Maybe) and pump in the void.

arS6
February 27th, 2011, 19:17
So what happened to the RS6? Did the body shop guy buy it? Still interested in some parts.

speedtrapped
February 28th, 2011, 00:43
Yes, the swap starts this week! Likely weds.

JSRS6
February 28th, 2011, 02:28
Yes, the swap starts this week! Likely weds.

Back from the dead, eh? I was beginning to think you were put into witness protection. :hihi:

speedtrapped
February 28th, 2011, 03:40
Ha, I was quail hunting and feral hog hunting this weekend in deep south GA, outside of Edison. Thursday thru tonight. Perks of my biz. No ATT service there. Quail went well, feral hog one night out and they were elusive. Btw Josh I will get ur parts in mail before end of week.

JSRS6
February 28th, 2011, 04:25
Ha, I was quail hunting and feral hog hunting this weekend in deep south GA, outside of Edison. Thursday thru tonight. Perks of my biz. No ATT service there. Quail went well, feral hog one night out and they were elusive. Btw Josh I will get ur parts in mail before end of week.

Sounds like fun! Me and my father in law are going to the indoor shooting range Tuesday. Can't wait to get that box in the mail!