PDA

View Full Version : Ran with Mustang Cobra (SC version)

AvusRS6
September 29th, 2003, 03:18
Either the Mustang is MUCH faster than Ford and everyone is advertising or the RS6 is def. not a 12 sec car...I'm beginning to question the car itself or if the OCT chip actually hurt performance.

UPDATE: OCT is sending me an updated Chip. Will dyno with it as well.

eph94
September 29th, 2003, 03:19
Did you do this at a track? Or were you able to find a 1/4 stretch of road someplace? While I don't have the stats in front of me, I do recall the SVT Cobra Mustang running equivalent times as the RS6.

AvusRS6
September 29th, 2003, 03:29
Originally posted by JJV-MA
Did you do this at a track? Or were you able to find a 1/4 stretch of road someplace? While I don't have the stats in front of me, I do recall the SVT Cobra Mustang running equivalent times as the RS6.

We did it on a 3 mile stretch at 3:30ish AM. Now don't get me wrong, he didn't pull on me. Off the line, he jumped ahead 1 car (probably due to stick) and stayed 1 car ahead til I reached 3rd gear and I started to gain slowly (but ever so slowly). Considering I have Chip and Exhaust, I would have thought it would have been a bit of a different result.

New chip update is coming this week so I will update you all. If nothing changes, then I will go back to stock.

ZCD2.7T
September 29th, 2003, 15:39
Originally posted by AvusRS6
Either the Mustang is MUCH faster than Ford and everyone is advertising or the RS6 is def. not a 12 sec car...I'm beginning to question the car itself or if the OCT chip actually hurt performance.

UPDATE: OCT is sending me an updated Chip. Will dyno with it as well.

I would expect that to be a VERY close race, chip or no chip. The Cobra runs ~12.9 @ over 111mph in the quarter, and the best time I've seen for the RS 6 is 12.8 @ 108. In other words, to actually "beat" a Cobra, you'd have to get a picture-perfect launch, WITH brake-torquing. Of course, the Cobra driver has to avoid wheelspin, but if he does, the results should be about what you described.

I'm curious - just what did you think the outcome would be? :confused:

nene
September 29th, 2003, 16:37
The latest release of the Mustang Cobra's are very fast off the factory floor. The darn thing has close to 400HP, and with miinor mods can easily reach 460+HP.

It's quite possible that the Cobra will beat you, and if you did not lose by much, I think you should be happy.
We can't beat them all!!!

Mr. Fru-T Pants
September 29th, 2003, 16:44
Actually, nene, with little under $5000 invested with Ford factory performance parts, the Cobra's are pushing around 476-490...at the wheels. And it's way lighter, obviously. Wheelspin is definitely an issue, but once rolling those things are mad mad mad... Not much to look at though.

Fru-T

Gustav
September 29th, 2003, 18:06
Here is a E55 vs Cobra:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34832

Finnus
September 29th, 2003, 18:11
I had an "encounter" with a Cobra SVT a coupel of weeks ago. He passed me starting from about 75 mph and things were pretty close. I definitely stayed with him & even gained a little up to about 120, then we both backed off.

Finnus
:addict:

AvusRS6
September 29th, 2003, 18:16
Originally posted by ZCD2.7T
I would expect that to be a VERY close race, chip or no chip. The Cobra runs ~12.9 @ over 111mph in the quarter, and the best time I've seen for the RS 6 is 12.8 @ 108. In other words, to actually "beat" a Cobra, you'd have to get a picture-perfect launch, WITH brake-torquing. Of course, the Cobra driver has to avoid wheelspin, but if he does, the results should be about what you described.

I'm curious - just what did you think the outcome would be? :confused:

I thought like me next to him and not me behind 1 car most of the time.