PDA

View Full Version : Maserati GT Stradale left in shock......

covertw12
February 9th, 2011, 15:19
Had a fun run-in with a maser leaving a parking lot in Biscayne bay - we both were waiting to cross across onto the causeway with him in front revving his motor..... he'd been in the parking lot prior showing the car to folks and truly the car sounds amazing.....

we both pulled thru once traffic opened and even with him having a 3 car lead I was able to put him 4-5 car lengths back before we had to shut it down..... he followed me into a lot a few miles down the road when i pulled in to ask about what the heck the RS6 was..... nice guy from NY ( of course) but he'd never heard of the car..... his prior car was a G37..... have to say the leather in the Maser is incredible.....sexy as heck.

but again the beast proved itself as the ultimate sleeper for the $........I grinned all the way home.

cheers~

speedtrapped
February 9th, 2011, 16:04
I luv these stories......good ole cosworth....

JSRS6
February 9th, 2011, 17:05
Great kill Erich!

Ruergard
February 9th, 2011, 17:54
Nice one. :thumb:

4everRS
February 10th, 2011, 04:31
No doubt about bang for the buck in this car. You just can't perform at this level, have a reasonable back seat, still get over 20 mpg highway, and AWD, in ANYTHING else. Even if it costs a little more to service, nothing comes close.

DHall1
February 10th, 2011, 05:58
Yeah, that 700 to service my car last year just about killed me. Its a good think my timing belts come every 7 years. ;-) hehe

twinsteve
February 10th, 2011, 10:41
Had a fun run-in with a maser leaving a parking lot in Biscayne bay - we both were waiting to cross across onto the causeway with him in front revving his motor..... he'd been in the parking lot prior showing the car to folks and truly the car sounds amazing.....

we both pulled thru once traffic opened and even with him having a 3 car lead I was able to put him 4-5 car lengths back before we had to shut it down..... he followed me into a lot a few miles down the road when i pulled in to ask about what the heck the RS6 was..... nice guy from NY ( of course) but he'd never heard of the car..... his prior car was a G37..... have to say the leather in the Maser is incredible.....sexy as heck.

but again the beast proved itself as the ultimate sleeper for the $........I grinned all the way home.

cheers~

Don't take this the wrong way, but you pulled a total of 8 lengths on a car with a claimed 0-60 time identical to RS6?

covertw12
February 10th, 2011, 11:39
If I were stock I'd agree Steve ....... but I'm a ways from that. He also lost some traction as he made the 135 degree turn, but with my ESP off so did I .......

twinsteve
February 10th, 2011, 13:40
If I were stock I'd agree Steve ....... but I'm a ways from that. He also lost some traction as he made the 135 degree turn, but with my ESP off so did I .......

Fair enough...do you think he was really getting on it? You really walked away from him.....

JSRS6
February 10th, 2011, 13:51
Fair enough...do you think he was really getting on it? You really walked away from him.....

Im betting he was.

covertw12
February 10th, 2011, 13:53
He said he was full throttle ( he had his GF with him and I'm sure he didn't want to loose face about his new sexy car....).... we did run to triple digits so there was a bit of time to get distance....and luckily no traffic until we shut it down.....

I need to dyno the car and also run some 1/4 times...... when it's running 100% it's surrreal, but there is still an intermittent boost issue..... this morning it was fast but not 100%.....

FLORIDA Dyno get together perhaps ?? I think there are at least 4-5 of us now...... Elevens, George ?

DHall1
February 10th, 2011, 14:08
Josh,

Its funny because some members just dont understand how fast our cars are. These kill stories are very real. It must be the Aces. ;-)

Im betting he was.

PALETTE
February 10th, 2011, 15:08
HAHA!!LOVE LOVE LOVE kills like that!
Had the same thing last night coming home from Hockey, A guy with G35 next to me at the lights revving it i would hear he has some work. I let him hit it and then i did and see yea! I was at lest 10 -15 cars on him very easily! He pulls up and honks , roll down the window, He asks whats in that? Stock actually, V8 TT, I asked, you? Supercharger, Exhaust and intake, WOW. thanks for the fun! Holy crap the car was in a different world last night after i re flashed it for the Meth tune!

ttboost
February 10th, 2011, 17:14
Had the same thing last night coming home from Hockey, A guy with G35 next to me at the lights revving it i would hear he has some work. I let him hit it and then i did and see yea! I was at lest 10 -15 cars on him very easily! He pulls up and honks , roll down the window, He asks whats in that? Stock actually, V8 TT, I asked, you? Supercharger, Exhaust and intake, WOW. thanks for the fun! Holy crap the car was in a different world last night after i re flashed it for the Meth tune!

Any new numbers to tell yet?

skribe
February 10th, 2011, 19:18
Its funny because some members just dont understand how fast our cars are.

I understand our cars with only a tune don't walk away from Nissan GT-Rs.

I also understand Erich's car with Wagner IC's, an APR tune, Labree DPs, full cat delete and USP drainpipes could take that Maser. Duh.

Nice kill Erich. It's fun when the other guy is cool and wants to know what just happened.

PALETTE
February 10th, 2011, 19:38
Any new numbers to tell yet?

Yes but i am going to try again today, New tune!! LOL see if i can better it. HEHEHEHE

ttboost
February 10th, 2011, 19:41
It's a Pbox number anyway, no one here cares...LOL!!!

PALETTE
February 10th, 2011, 19:56
It's a Pbox number anywhere, no one here cares...LOL!!!

oh here you go

ben916
February 10th, 2011, 22:05
...It must be the Aces. ;-)

I agree :)

JSRS6
February 10th, 2011, 22:25
I understand our cars with only a tune don't walk away from Nissan GT-Rs.

I also understand Erich's car with Wagner IC's, an APR tune, Labree DPs, full cat delete and USP drainpipes could take that Maser. Duh.

Nice kill Erich. It's fun when the other guy is cool and wants to know what just happened.

Nice edit Andrew. I promise, next time i see a GT-R, ill get proof. Especially after a couple things i have in the works...:hihi:

skribe
February 10th, 2011, 23:35
I'm all for making a "zilla killa" out of the beast... :cheers:

I have a vid in my old phone, will post if it's still in there, of my car running even with a Viper ACR from 30-110. Our cars can hang in there well with just a tune. I've embarrassed pretty burly RWD muscle cars that fail to hook up on launch a few times.

My GT-R thing comes from having a friend with one and knowing what kind of times it puts down. Even though my car with an MTM tune has run mid 12's when everything is clicking, his car runs 11's totally unmodded. The thing is just stupid fast.

Orangemig
February 11th, 2011, 16:56

I sure hope the guy in the G35 doesn't trade his ride for a Masserati.