PDA

View Full Version : To keep or not to keep the beast??

2TURBOV8
February 1st, 2011, 03:41
I really love this RS6, but from everything I've read in this forum, and other places, it seems really risky to keep this car. If I keep it, I want to really mod it more. Wagners, FMU, water/meth, etc..... Just don't know if its all worth it. The first thing I want to do is have the tranny rebuilt by TOZO, so it will withstand the extra HP. I've have an STi also that I have spent over 20K in mods on. I know this is an addiction, and how much of a money pit it can be. I have my second kid on the way, and just don't know. I'm sure we all have probably in the same boat, right!! I have only had this car about 6 months. What does everyone think?

bcbeast
February 1st, 2011, 03:47
Sell it and buy an R8...

2TURBOV8
February 1st, 2011, 04:42
Why would I want an R8? Way over-priced, only fit 2 people, and with a few mods the RS6 is just as fast.

skribe
February 1st, 2011, 04:57
As you know, it is a very expensive car to run, prone to many routine but expensive failures... If you are not either highly capable at DIY or able to drop $10k a year to keep it running if it needs it, it's not a wise car to own.

DHall1
February 1st, 2011, 05:33
IMHO,

You have a long way to go before needing the mods you mentioned. It has clearly been documented that a simple flash and TCU chip will turn these cars into 420 wheel hp monsters with torque to the wheels over 500ft/lbs.

The transmissions cant take much more.

So, unless you have documented the ability to tune the platform and ensure its working to prime conditions....the other stuff is a waste of time. I have driven a RS6 in the above state of tune and I can tell you that any more power is simply calling for a whole host of issues.

If you want a 700hp money pit then I would suggest a B5 S4 and mod the piss out it. It is not something the RS6 C5 was designed to handle and could ruin the car. Again. .02c The beast is unleashed at 420whp/500ft/lbs. We should be thrown in jail for having so much fun.

Just finished up the books on my 2010 RS6 service costs. Grand total? $700 bucks and that included a full timing belt service with Audi parts. Yeeks, some people pay more to keep a Kia on the roads for a year. My prediction for 2011 should come in right about $150. I cant afford to keep it. ;-)

I really love this RS6, but from everything I've read in this forum, and other places, it seems really risky to keep this car. If I keep it, I want to really mod it more. Wagners, FMU, water/meth, etc..... Just don't know if its all worth it. The first thing I want to do is have the tranny rebuilt by TOZO, so it will withstand the extra HP. I've have an STi also that I have spent over 20K in mods on. I know this is an addiction, and how much of a money pit it can be. I have my second kid on the way, and just don't know. I'm sure we all have probably in the same boat, right!! I have only had this car about 6 months. What does everyone think?

skribe
February 1st, 2011, 06:32
I=. Grand total? $700 bucks and that included a full timing belt service with Audi parts. Yeeks, some people pay more to keep a Kia on the roads for a year. My prediction for 2011 should come in right about $150. I cant afford to keep it. ;-)

Come on, Dave, you burned $9,000 worth of ACES IV, admit it.

ben916
February 1st, 2011, 06:43

Not so sure you NEED to do these upgrades more than you WANT to do these upgrades.

If your stock junky leaky I/C $hit the bed, ok get the Wagners.
If your DRC $hits the bed, get the KWv3 and use the Central Valves for .50 cal practice.
If your Trans/TQ goes sideways, have Tozo repair it and get an Ace Converter and be done with it (or 6 speed it).
Water/Meth? pffssstt, still waiting for numbers...I haven't been able to justify this expense...
Timing Belt - you aren't gonna escape that cost no matter what car you drive... just select a location that will do it properly for $1300/1600. (Toyota is $600, Honda is $700)

It is all relative to the "fun factor".

Also the kids help you to slow down... for a while...

Erik
February 1st, 2011, 07:08
Why would I want an R8? Way over-priced, only fit 2 people, and with a few mods the RS6 is just as fast.

Keep the RS6 then :D

JSRS6
February 1st, 2011, 13:41
:addict:

DHall1
February 1st, 2011, 13:53
Yeah, more like 50 dollars worth of Aces. You guys dont know what its like to have 91 octane as "Premium" at the pump and that is with the 10% ethanol mixture. My car ran like complete crap in the hot summer months. No longer.

Come on, Dave, you burned $9,000 worth of ACES IV, admit it.

PALETTE
February 1st, 2011, 15:40
When i lost my car I was thinking should i get something else??? but Nope i am glad they found it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Excellent car, pure WOW factor, roomy, and it may indeed not be a head turner like the Porsche i can say when i tromp on it it makes people look. <o:p></o:p>
As for Maintenance, I have just begun that now but you need to expect some for a 6-7 year old car. My warranty is covering my Timing belt and Water pump today, and that helped offset the new coolers, and meth kit that is going in.<o:p></o:p>
As well as new plugs and fuel filter. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
If I were you which it looks like we are in the same boat, I would and I am keeping the car till I run in in to the ground, My wife can jump in and drive it, I can have anyone really drive it, the only issue that looks like a weak link is the trans, which I am sure it will hold with a new converter.. (fingers crossed)<o:p></o:p>

2TURBOV8
February 2nd, 2011, 04:52
Your warranty covered those parts even with the mods you have done? I would think once you mod this car, warranties are worthless!! Is that not the case?? I mean it seems to me that warranty companies look for ANY reason not to pay. I've even read some horror stories on this forum before. Did the warranty cover the new converter, or did you?

PALETTE
February 2nd, 2011, 13:48
Your warranty covered those parts even with the mods you have done? I would think once you mod this car, warranties are worthless!! Is that not the case?? I mean it seems to me that warranty companies look for ANY reason not to pay. I've even read some horror stories on this forum before. Did the warranty cover the new converter, or did you?

No my warranty covers only the parts that are needed if they are faulty. So my Indy said the waterpump went and they covered it and we are doing the Timing belt at the same time.
The coolers are going in cause the old ones had to be removed so this is just a straight swap.
The meth kit was a 3 hour install so i paid for that.
As for the Converter. If it goes(when) then i will put the claim in for that and do my Cat pipes and O2's at the same time.

My warranty compnyis just a call in. If it is a Big dollar item then they send the adjuster out. But i dont think they even know what to look for on these cars LOL

SAF
February 2nd, 2011, 17:32
Here's a thought. Ask your wife.

JSRS6
February 2nd, 2011, 18:10
Here's a thought. Ask your wife.

:hihi::hihi:

Brav
February 2nd, 2011, 19:10
I went through this same thought process. In the end, I decided to keep it. Its a daily driver for me. There isn't anything else on the road like it. I bit the bullet and spent a chunk of cash on pretty much every routine and non routine maintenance/service/fluid flush/brake/rotor cost possible in one shot.. but it should last me now another 100k miles with only oil changes and a timing belt or 2 and few hundred in brake pads required. After I get new coilovers and front end ball joints, she will be running like a top with 135k miles.

The trans life seems to be able to be extended with the MTM TCU and BND trans fluids. Trans failures I think are a results of Torque Converter failures.. burning the fluid, then losing lubricity, then bye bye. Suspension is easy.. KWs or PSS9s. there goes 80% of your potential problems.

4everRS
February 2nd, 2011, 19:16
I think you should sell it. On that note, I think I will sell mine too. I think that everyone should sell theirs also. I mean the costs are so terrible. On top of that, I read back in March of 2009 that I should sell all my stock. I read that my home value might fall, so I may sell that too. Man, I am glad I read so much

If you can't tell, I'm being a d*&%. Any freckin car you buy will need maintenance. If you can't afford to service a car that was 90k off the lot, don't buy it. And if you already own it, sell it to someone who can :doh:

JSRS6
February 2nd, 2011, 19:59
I think you should sell it. On that note, I think I will sell mine too. I think that everyone should sell theirs also. I mean the costs are so terrible. On top of that, I read back in March of 2009 that I should sell all my stock. I read that my home value might fall, so I may sell that too. Man, I am glad I read so much

If you can't tell, I'm being a d*&%. Any freckin car you buy will need maintenance. If you can't afford to service a car that was 90k off the lot, don't buy it. And if you already own it, sell it to someone who can :doh:

Jeez Kyle, your such a d!@k...:hihi:

ttboost
February 2nd, 2011, 20:03
Yeah, tell us you REALLY think...don't hold back...

eurotunedrs6
February 3rd, 2011, 00:32
Keep it. You have another car you can drive every day. I just keeped my RS6 parked in my garage until I have some nice days/summer or when i go to a local audi meet. Ive only had it for a year. The only extra money I spent on it besides the oil changes was the ICs. Apparently the audi dealership that did the PPI on the car before it was shipped to me didnt notice the ICs or bother to alert me about them. I knew I would probably have to replace them anyways and now I have the Wagner intercoolers. It's expensive if you drive it a lot, but if it's occasional than I wouldnt worry about it. Timing belt, o2 sensors, and other maintenance is expensive but for what this car is and the prices you can get them at I dont see an issue with it. That's why I bought one, and for the fact that I love Audis!

MaxRS6
February 3rd, 2011, 01:22

Best chuckle of the day

DHall1
February 3rd, 2011, 01:54
The markets are mostly up becuase the FED has printed an additional 10-15 Trillion dollars of blue sky paper and handed it to the banks. True inflation numbers are reaching 20% when you factor in food and energy(odd how the gov leaves that out). I think those items have lots to do with the move up in markets. Our money supply has literally gone thru the roof and will pay the piper in inflation. It should be interesting to see if the people ever catch on and storm the banks in this country. I got my popcorn ready.

DHall1
February 3rd, 2011, 01:58
Excellent example of the decision making process. In the end, you are driving the RS6 every day and have a great big smile on your face as a result.

I went through this same thought process. In the end, I decided to keep it. Its a daily driver for me. There isn't anything else on the road like it. I bit the bullet and spent a chunk of cash on pretty much every routine and non routine maintenance/service/fluid flush/brake/rotor cost possible in one shot.. but it should last me now another 100k miles with only oil changes and a timing belt or 2 and few hundred in brake pads required. After I get new coilovers and front end ball joints, she will be running like a top with 135k miles.

The trans life seems to be able to be extended with the MTM TCU and BND trans fluids. Trans failures I think are a results of Torque Converter failures.. burning the fluid, then losing lubricity, then bye bye. Suspension is easy.. KWs or PSS9s. there goes 80% of your potential problems.

Elevens
February 3rd, 2011, 02:02

I really don't think you know what you have. With a good Turbo-back Catless or High Flow Cat Exhaust System, a good Tune and a good Suspension system you have the making of a Monster. Ok, it may require some maintenance but what 7 year old high performance machine doesn't. I expect the TC to quit eventually but I'm willing to pay that price for the Phenomenal driving experience. I have had mine for only a year now, and for the price of the car plus the cost of the Mods I don't think anything comes even remotely close. Every time I start this thing up, people stare in AWE. You can see it in their faces, "what the F**K is that". You asked what do I think, well there you have it. I think its a mistake to sell it. But that's just me. Also if you sell it, just look at what you'll be getting rid of..........

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/P1010489-1.jpg

Brav
February 3rd, 2011, 02:05
Also if you sell it, just look at what you'll be getting rid of..........

What exhaust is that? I need moar louds

V8weight
February 3rd, 2011, 02:29
Where did you get the Viper badge?

snoopra
February 3rd, 2011, 02:31
Those are Milltek painted black.

On the selling question, you already have her, there's nothing out there like her, I say keep her. Maintenance isn't that bad considering her age (and cost at new)

snoopra
February 3rd, 2011, 02:32
Where did you get the Viper badge?

Looks like a Dodge Viper badge:)

V8weight
February 3rd, 2011, 02:43
Looks like a Dodge Viper badge:)
What's the status on your beast Wayne? I know you had a pretty long to do list.

skribe
February 3rd, 2011, 02:46
If you're on a tight budget and have no warranty, an RS 6 could bankrupt you. But you shouldn't have it if that's your situation.

Me personally? Long after its out of my daily rotation, I will keep this car til I'm dead. And then my sons will fight over it... They both love it as much as I do.

ben916
February 3rd, 2011, 03:19
I waited 4 years for mine... and when the green light was given by "congress", I was aggressively looking. When I found the one I wanted, I left work immediately and drove thru LA in a rain storm. I took it for a test drive and was hooked. I was on the phone with Dave as I was signing the loan papers.

The prior car was boring and soulless. It was just transportation, it was being part of the matrix versus taking the blue pill.

There are some maintenance items that I can/will do on the RS6.
There are other maintenance items that I am unable/will not do on the RS6.

If you eliminate the DRC and the Trans issues, the only thing left of concern is the TB..

Yes, having a newborn child is expensive and time consuming. But once things settle, you should be fine.
Besides, there are many that have sold their RS6 and wish they had them back.

Elevens
February 3rd, 2011, 03:23
If you're on a tight budget and have no warranty, an RS 6 could bankrupt you. But you shouldn't have it if that's your situation.

Me personally? Long after its out of my daily rotation, I will keep this car til I'm dead. And then my sons will fight over it... They both love it as much as I do.

+1 on that Skribe. Forgot to mention that I do have an Extended Warranty. And I will probably keep it until dies also. I can't describe the feeling I get when I meet the expressway. Slap it into "S mode" and 3/4 throttle it. The MTM TCU drops it down a cog or two, those catless Millteks start to ROAR, and this thing is GONE. Guided Missile, Unbelievable feeling...........................

JSRS6
February 3rd, 2011, 04:07
+1 on that Skribe. Forgot to mention that I do have an Extended Warranty. And I will probably keep it until dies also. I can't describe the feeling I get when I meet the expressway. Slap it into "S mode" and 3/4 throttle it. The MTM TCU drops it down a cog or two, those catless Millteks start to ROAR, and this thing is GONE. Guided Missile, Unbelievable feeling...........................

Amen! I did that today a couple times on my way BACK to Baby's R Us. We have our first kid due in a month. The crib came in today and I picked it up without telling my wife to surprise her with everything setup in the nursery. I get the thing all put together and realize there is no mattress. It's 9:18 and I call them and they close at 9:30. Do I wait till tomorrow? No. I haul a$$ to the store and pick one up. Long story short, I'm having a kid too. I have the car. I do ALL my own work. Make it work, or you will regret it later. Oh, and I just installed the recaro baby seat behind mine in preparation of the trip to the hospital. Can't wait till I can turn it around to forward facing. :hihi::addict:

skribe
February 3rd, 2011, 04:30
Rock on Josh. My younger son just got out of the Recaro child seat. Enjoy those days, as the cliche goes, they pass you by pretty quickly. Change diapers, give em bottles, teach em about football, and how to hit an on-ramp and merge with authority.

All of that is what life's all about.

DHall1
February 3rd, 2011, 04:31
Shameless Viper plug and Zip Car Wash endorsement aside. When I dont use MopnGlow I use the Zip stuff from wally world.

I echo your feelings completely.

Just taking off up the expressway onramp when the chance to let her rip opens up it just amazes me how small the cars get the rear view mirror and then in a matter of 5 or 6 seconds they just vanish.

I really don't think you know what you have. With a good Turbo-back Catless or High Flow Cat Exhaust System, a good Tune and a good Suspension system you have the making of a Monster. Ok, it may require some maintenance but what 7 year old high performance machine doesn't. I expect the TC to quit eventually but I'm willing to pay that price for the Phenomenal driving experience. I have had mine for only a year now, and for the price of the car plus the cost of the Mods I don't think anything comes even remotely close. Every time I start this thing up, people stare in AWE. You can see it in their faces, "what the F**K is that". You asked what do I think, well there you have it. I think its a mistake to sell it. But that's just me. Also if you sell it, just look at what you'll be getting rid of..........

2TURBOV8
February 3rd, 2011, 05:04
Elevens, I do understand the car I have. I have the same exhaust as you it looks like. Currently have an APR tune. But I have seen the potential of a custom tune. I will be in the 11's soon enough if I decide to proceed with modification. Been down the track 12 times, and haven't lost yet. 2011 mustang, and a supercharged GTO were a couple of the victims. Here is a link. Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rNlxaU7o2Y

Elevens
February 3rd, 2011, 06:00
Shameless Viper plug and Zip Car Wash endorsement aside. When I dont use MopnGlow I use the Zip stuff from wally world.

I echo your feelings completely.

Just taking off up the expressway onramp when the chance to let her rip opens up it just amazes me how small the cars get the rear view mirror and then in a matter of 5 or 6 seconds they just vanish.

LOL !! I knew you would have something to say Dave. And yea It is amazing how fast cars do disappear in your rear view mirror. I find myself nervous at times because stellar speeds are achieved so quickly you don't realize it, and should you get nailed at those speeds you will go to jail. Heck the other day I was merging onto the I75 (In sport mode of course) and by the time I actually merged onto the Express way and then checked my speedometer I was doing a buck twenty already. Totally ridiculous. These cars are capable of such extreme speeds so easily you have to be careful. Because as I said before, you will go to jail...............

ben916
February 3rd, 2011, 07:02
Elevens, I do understand the car I have. I have the same exhaust as you it looks like. Currently have an APR tune. But I have seen the potential of a custom tune. I will be in the 11's soon enough if I decide to proceed with modification. Been down the track 12 times, and haven't lost yet. 2011 mustang, and a supercharged GTO were a couple of the victims. Here is a link. Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rNlxaU7o2Y

Wait, Wait, Wait!
You bought Fonzie Audi's RS6 while in Florida??!?!? (not saying that is a bad thing, just piecing things together)

JSRS6
February 3rd, 2011, 12:40
LOL !! I knew you would have something to say Dave. And yea It is amazing how fast cars do disappear in your rear view mirror. I find myself nervous at times because stellar speeds are achieved so quickly you don't realize it, and should you get nailed at those speeds you will go to jail. Heck the other day I was merging onto the I75 (In sport mode of course) and by the time I actually merged onto the Express way and then checked my speedometer I was doing a buck twenty already. Totally ridiculous. These cars are capable of such extreme speeds so easily you have to be careful. Because as I said before, you will go to jail...............

This was all before the beast...in my younger days with the S4. Norfolk/Virginia Beach's reckless driving laws suck. 20 over any posted speed is reckless, and anything over 75 regardless of posted speed is reckless. Reckless carries a potential jail sentence. When i get up in front of the judge and tell her i am about to go to Iraq, she gives me a day. So i technically did go to jail for speeding. Ironically, on the way back from Charlotte last weekend, me and my wife are cruising up 85, im letting some Lexus stay behind me(at a distance) moving through traffic, when out of nowhere a black city cop car pulls out from behind a semi and turns on his lights. Im thinking S#*t, i know i was going at least 90, but he never clocked me. So i pull over IMMEDIATELY and he comes around and tells me i was going pretty fast and it took him awhile to catch up to me. Im done, i thought. He takes my license, i tell him i just got back from a seminar for soldiers returning from Iraq, and it was like a switch flipped inside him. i show him my military id and he goes back to his car. He comes back a few minutes later, and says there is good news and bad news, which do you want first? My wife says bad first, and he says "You still have 4 hours to go on your trip"! OK, so whats the good news? He cant give a fellow Navy man a ticket(he used to be a dental tech in the Navy and is trying to come back in). Then of course, he asks about the beast. What is that MTM badge? Ive never seen an Audi like this. I just smiled and explained:hihi:

skribe
February 3rd, 2011, 15:15
Last summer, I get pulled over for no reason at all by two plain-clothes Chicago detectives in an unmarked Crown Vic. They threaten to have my car towed because they claim my proof of insurance is "forged."

These guys are both 6'4" or so, about 250 pounds, shaved heads, flack jackets, and completely in my face. "I'd hate to see what would happen to that fancy Audi in the city impound lot." One of them actually says this! Then his partner distracts me while he illegally starts searching my car. I politely, repeatedly ask them why I have been pulled over. They never answer. I explain to them where I'm coming from and where I'm trying to go, and unless they have some legitimate reason to detain me, I'd like to be on my way. They tell me "I'm lucky" that they're going to let me go. For nothing! I honestly felt like if I gave them crap for what they were doing they would've "found" something in my car. It was insane. It was like a bad TV show.

They were definitely real cops... Only thing I could figure is they were narcotics cops shaking me down - I was cutting through a rough neighborhood on my to the freeway...

JSRS6
February 3rd, 2011, 15:54
Last summer, I get pulled over for no reason at all by two plain-clothes Chicago detectives in an unmarked Crown Vic. They threaten to have my car towed because they claim my proof of insurance is "forged."

These guys are both 6'4" or so, about 250 pounds, shaved heads, flack jackets, and completely in my face. "I'd hate to see what would happen to that fancy Audi in the city impound lot." One of them actually says this! Then his partner distracts me while he illegally starts searching my car. I politely, repeatedly ask them why I have been pulled over. They never answer. I explain to them where I'm coming from and where I'm trying to go, and unless they have some legitimate reason to detain me, I'd like to be on my way. They tell me "I'm lucky" that they're going to let me go. For nothing! I honestly felt like if I gave them crap for what they were doing they would've "found" something in my car. It was insane. It was like a bad TV show.

They were definitely real cops... Only thing I could figure is they were narcotics cops shaking me down - I was cutting through a rough neighborhood on my to the freeway...

So I guess you haven't gone through the "alley" again on the way to "school", so as to avoid the "bullies"...:hihi:

2TURBOV8
February 3rd, 2011, 22:15
Yes, This use to be Joe's (Fonzi's) car.

DHall1
February 4th, 2011, 00:22
My biggest worry is a smokey from 1/8 mile away. Because they would be able to see the rapid gain of speed and gap from normal traffic flow. I choose wisely and have a few favorite spots around town to let er rip. One ramp is nearly 1 mile long with a slight S turn in the middle and the merging speed is 75mph. You can imagine.

I really do use the Zip Wash. Kinda funny, I have the expensive suff as well but end up using the Zip. I guess its the MopnGlow in me. hehe

Spidercat
February 4th, 2011, 00:28
Elevens, I do understand the car I have. I have the same exhaust as you it looks like.

You do not. You have the same tips, that is all. You have full custom fabricated 4 or 3.75 inch catless downpipes, no secondary cats, no resonators, AWE mufflers, and Miltek tips. Fonzie's car (now yours) had (IMO) the baddest sounding exhaust this side of the Champion race car. I'd keep the car for the sound alone, if I were you!
Elevens, I'm not sayin' that the Miltek doesn't sound great, just clarifying this is a VERY special exhaust rather than just a special one...
Fonzie, if you're lurking, please correct me if I'm wrong.

MaxRS6
February 4th, 2011, 01:35
^ I agree that 2Turbov8's beast is one nasty sounding machine- The Fonzie rear cam sound/video one my all time favs- and of course Friday nights of old... 00

Elevens
February 4th, 2011, 01:45
You do not. You have the same tips, that is all. You have full custom fabricated 4 or 3.75 inch catless downpipes, no secondary cats, no resonators, AWE mufflers, and Miltek tips. Fonzie's car (now yours) had (IMO) the baddest sounding exhaust this side of the Champion race car. I'd keep the car for the sound alone, if I were you!
Elevens, I'm not sayin' that the Miltek doesn't sound great, just clarifying this is a VERY special exhaust rather than just a special one...

What I have is Milltek Catless Downpipes straight to a Milltek Non resonated Exhaust system. Nothing between Turbo and Mufflers. Sound in short is phenomenal. Not loud by any means. Just extremely authoritative. Very deep Rumble at idle. Step on it though and the Milltek's come to life. I truly believe a lot of research has gone into the design of this system and it is tuned to this car, not just slapped together. A very noticeable difference in performance, Especially after the addition of the catless Downpipes. The turbo's spooling up is now very audible and very quick. And that's the story of my Exhaust. (if any one really cares)...........................

MaxRS6
February 4th, 2011, 02:02
What I have is Milltek Catless Downpipes straight to a Milltek Non resonated Exhaust system. Nothing between Turbo and Mufflers. Sound in short is phenomenal. Not loud by any means. Just extremely authoritative. Very deep Rumble at idle. Step on it though and the Milltek's come to life. I truly believe a lot of research has gone into the design of this system and it is tuned to this car, not just slapped together. A very noticeable difference in performance, Especially after the addition of the catless Downpipes. The turbo's spooling up is now very audible and very quick. And that's the story of my Exhaust. (if any one really cares)...........................

Ditto- same system on mine and agree with everything you describe- the turbo spool sounds great

Fonzie Audi
February 5th, 2011, 01:02

of course im still lurking! im not going anywhere. i put countless hours of testing, research, and money into making that car sound the way it does.

dont want it anymore? i'll tell you what.. ill buy it back.

Brav
February 5th, 2011, 01:10
of course im still lurking! im not going anywhere. i put countless hours of testing, research, and money into making that car sound the way it does.

:addict: :applause:

speedtrapped
February 5th, 2011, 01:15
You'll be sorrrryyyyy,,,,, love doesn't come cheap.

V8weight
February 5th, 2011, 01:15

You'll have a lot of red paint to remove........

Fonzie Audi
February 5th, 2011, 01:24
I'm dead serious.

MaxRS6
February 5th, 2011, 01:30
^^ Woooo hooooo ^^- Now this is interesting.. 00

2TURBOV8
February 5th, 2011, 01:40
Interior Trim is satin black now, but thanks for the comment!!

JSRS6
February 5th, 2011, 02:22
Interior Trim is satin black now, but thanks for the comment!!

Hey, mine too! Dropped the rims off at the powdercoat shop today and the centercaps off at a paint shop for flat black.

ben916
February 5th, 2011, 02:41
I'm dead serious.

Whatcha gonna do with the 2010 S4? Daily Driver???

Edit: opps on the 2011...

Fonzie Audi
February 5th, 2011, 02:48
Whatcha gonna do with the 2010 S4? Daily Driver???

sure, the '11 S4 is a great daily driver. 26 on the highway is nothing to complain about.. esp w/ the now 400whp in such a small car (Fonzie style exhaust, headers, APR ecu, custom intake)

skribe
February 5th, 2011, 03:39
I'm dead serious.

2TURBOV8, Think of the children. You are taking food out of their mouths. You will rack up thou$ands in repair bills and end up at the payday loan store. Next it's selling plasma and donating sperm for $3 a pop, just to keep that car in brake pads and coilpacks.

Sell it back to Fonzie when you have the chance... before you sell your dignity.

V8weight
February 5th, 2011, 04:47
2TURBOV8, Think of the children. You are taking food out of their mouths. You will rack up thou$ands in repair bills and end up at the payday loan store. Next it's selling plasma and donating sperm for $3 a pop, just to keep that car in brake pads and coilpacks.

Sell it back to Fonzie when you have the chance... before you sell your dignity.

Scribe, you're a f'ing nutball, I just spit my beer all over the garage floor laughing.

skribe
February 5th, 2011, 05:05
I just spit my beer all over the garage floor laughing.

Mission accomplished :jlol: