PDA

View Full Version : Euro RS6 seats, any good sources?

speedtrapped
January 31st, 2011, 00:24
Ever since I saw the photos of the euro version seats, I'm in love.....where could I get my hands on them?

V8weight
January 31st, 2011, 01:14
You're pretty much at the mercy of Ebay.de.

ben916
January 31st, 2011, 01:40
They are challenging to find and I sometimes post when I find them...

CornersWell
January 31st, 2011, 01:53
Trapped,

I looked HARD at this upgrade a few years ago, but killed the idea. Just too much of a PITA. There are a number of issues (shipping, customs clearing, airbags, storage, etc.) that just gave me the heebie jeebies on the project. A few have done them, though. More than I wanted to bite off.

If you're serious, ebay.de (as pointed out) may be the only way at this point. That also begs the question: what happens if what's in the box isn't what you expected? Hard to ship stuff back and forth and get it right.

IIRC, there was someone offering them here. At least, that's where I started my own inquiry process. Someone in Scandinavia, maybe? If anyone recalls who, maybe they can post the name?

CW

JSRS6
January 31st, 2011, 01:59
If you aren't concerned with having the rs6 logo, or if you want to get an upholstery shop to copy the logo from old seats to new seats, recaro still makes that model seat. I researched going this route awhile back. They can completely customize them, including perforated leather, heating and venting, and piping on the seats. Just go to the recaro site, look for a local distributor, and tell them what you want.

JSRS6
January 31st, 2011, 02:01
Oh, they are the sportline seats if I remember correctly.

hahnmgh63
January 31st, 2011, 02:04
There is a set of Euro RS6 seats on Ebaymotors.de right now and the guy want's 950Euro but will only ship to Germany. Although this include door cards front & rear as well as rear seats. The seats do have the RS6 logo.

speedtrapped
January 31st, 2011, 02:29
I'm check the sports line version 1st that Josh suggested., I know Phil from detailers domain did this conversion as well, gonna ask how he sourced.

V8weight
January 31st, 2011, 02:37
This is the route I would go, if I still had the disposable income I used to enjoy "pre change". http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/19001-New-seats-fitted.?highlight=recaro

SteveKen
January 31st, 2011, 03:39
I know someone that has a complete black set but it would take $4k+ to pry them out of his possession.

ben916
January 31st, 2011, 06:47
I know someone that has a complete black set but it would take $4k+ to pry them out of his possession.

I was looking at the ebay.de for the 4B seats and found the cognac complete seat and the wife walked up behind me and asked "Is there something wrong with your seats?" Like a dumbass, I wasn't quick enough and said "Nope..."
Faceplant.

CornersWell
January 31st, 2011, 12:34
Yup, STUPID expensive.

CW

JSRS6
January 31st, 2011, 14:00
Anybody comprende el espanol? I bet some could be found cheaper sud en el mehico...just a thought.

speedtrapped
January 31st, 2011, 14:22
no hablo espanol....damn it

PALETTE
January 31st, 2011, 14:41
Not for anything, but they look nice, Justify spending 4k+ on seats?? not for me. I would rather spend 4K on the performance or reliablity of the car, the seats are great looking but i for one would keep the ones i have, i like mine

speedtrapped
January 31st, 2011, 15:01
to each his own..........

SteveKen
January 31st, 2011, 15:03
Not for anything, but they look nice, Justify spending 4k+ on seats?? not for me. I would rather spend 4K on the performance or reliablity of the car, the seats are great looking but i for one would keep the ones i have, i like mine
I tend to agree here. I would rather spend the money on adapting the brackets to seats that are even better than what the OEM offers. But then you are still stuck with stock back seats.

The stock sport seats hold me in just fine.

I guess it's the same reason for owning them as the RNS-E. It just looks good.

CornersWell
January 31st, 2011, 16:30
I did do the RNS-E conversion, but my logic was that the original navigation was laughably useless. It's only as good as the next turn and is essentially worthless. A map-based system make so much more sense. You can eyeball where the destination is, get to the end of your knowledge of the route and then let the system guide you. Often, I knew a better way to get from here to there than did Audi's nav system, I just didn't know the last mile, so to speak. With the original nav, I only knew to go 500 feet and turn left.

And, from memory, the seats are a fairly involved installation process from that I gathered. Just be prepared for issues. But, good luck, Trapped. It's definitely a worthy upgrade, IMO. Just couldn't deal with all the BS related.

CW

Brav
January 31st, 2011, 19:50
Theres a set in Germany for 1700 EUR.. complete w/ alcantara inserts. If I had the extra money, these would be mine. I have an office in Italy and a German-speaking employee so it wouldnt be so hard to have it shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-S6-Rs6-4B-Recaro-Lederaustattung-S6-3-31-/380310859894?pt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item588c4b3076

speedtrapped
January 31st, 2011, 19:54
those are sweet, i wonder if its a huge pain shipping, customs etc?

Brav
January 31st, 2011, 20:00
Shipping can be done, I can try and help but my expertise is exporting cars from the US to EU. I have plenty of shipping contacts in Europe. The issue would be US customs with the airbag. Just has to be properly documented coming this way.

speedtrapped
January 31st, 2011, 20:06
OK that would be great, I did email the seller(assuming he speaks english) and asked about shipping, would he be willing. I will ask about the airbags as soon as he replies

Brav
January 31st, 2011, 20:16
The cheapest way to get it all here would be to load it in a container in Bremerhaven with someone elses shipment to NJ. You are lucky to be there to go to the port and pick it up locally. Let me know what he says and if you go forward, I can try and help with this.

speedtrapped
January 31st, 2011, 20:18
Thanks Brav, I will let you know,,, I appreciate it.

CornersWell
January 31st, 2011, 20:31
Good luck on this. Keep us informed of how it goes!

CW

pierson
October 1st, 2011, 19:49
anyone have any ideas as to where i could get euro rs6 seats now?

nene
October 1st, 2011, 22:00
Stephan was my contact in Germany to get the Euro RS6 Recaros. Great to deal with.
He took care of all the shipping, and once they arrive in the US, the shipping company contacts you to handle the customs and shipping if you want. At least the customs they can take care of, and if you want shipping they also handle that. Both at an additional price.

When I ordered the Sportec intercoolers, TNT shipping handled the customs clearance and shipping to my door as well.

Hope Stephan still around: stephanmueller1970(AT)gmx(DOT)de

speedtrapped
October 1st, 2011, 22:35
Thanks for that nene...I bought recaro black leather sport lines fora steal. Back seat still same

JSRS6
October 1st, 2011, 22:45
There are currently 4 listings when you search for recaro sitze rs6 on ebay.de:

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p0.m570.l1313&_nkw=recaro+sitze+rs6&_sacat=See-All-Categories

JSRS6
October 1st, 2011, 22:54
Listing #1: Out of a c6 S6.

Listing #2: out of a c5 a6 im guessing bythe lack of imprinted s6 or rs6 logo.

Listing #3: Out of a silver interior rs6. Includes EVERYTHING. Seats are immaculate from pics. Includes all seats, door cards, roof liner, A/B/C pillars, sunvisors, seat belts and center armrest. great deal for the price...

Listing #4: Out of a silver interior rs6 avant. Will still fit, with minor mods to the side bolsters on rear IIRC.

na1mt
October 2nd, 2011, 00:15
I have at least one connection in Germany.

Amar
October 2nd, 2011, 02:25
I find the seats in my RS 6 Plus (euro seats) crap compared to my D2 S8 ones, just a thought, D2 S8 ones are available on the US - they are recaro too but a lot more supportive/way more adjustable and look quite good too.

Stephencl
October 3rd, 2011, 17:50
I find the seats in my RS 6 Plus (euro seats) crap compared to my D2 S8 ones, just a thought, D2 S8 ones are available on the US - they are recaro too but a lot more supportive/way more adjustable and look quite good too.

I would agree. I actually think that the D2 S8 seats were the best seats EVER! They were amazing.

Stephen

Brav
October 3rd, 2011, 18:40
This is the route I would go, if I still had the disposable income I used to enjoy "pre change". http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/19001-New-seats-fitted.?highlight=recaro

After looking at Euro seats.. I would definitely consider these in light of the hassle of importing them. I think they look great. And much better support near shoulder. look to be the same as RS3/TTRS seats, or very close.

Really wish stock seats had better upper body/shoulder support.

Amar
October 3rd, 2011, 23:45
I would agree. I actually think that the D2 S8 seats were the best seats EVER! They were amazing.

Stephen

I agree, totally.

Amar
October 4th, 2011, 01:08
Well I'm looking to upgrade to Cognac if anyone wants my old ones. Not sure what shipping would be, but happy to find out if I get my cognac and I receive genuine interest.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/AmarS8/DSC_0181-1.jpg

kismetcapitan
October 4th, 2011, 10:26
I love those seats. One reason I've never really liked leather seats (and would try to get a car without them if at all possible) is due to sliding in the seat when you're really pulling some crazy sideways G forces. Alcantara would sort that out and still retain the leather - a pity that this was an option for S8/S6 but not the RS6.

Interesting idea though to start looking for S8 seats. And I imagine over here in the States RS6 seats would be of interest to S6 or A6 owners...

speedtrapped
October 7th, 2011, 02:03
Well of anybody wants scotty has a set of euro recaros for $4500....pass the pipe.

arS6
October 8th, 2011, 01:15
Speed: I own a set of Euro Recaros (non RS6) in my allroad. I bought them off ebay.de and had them shipped here so I shed some light on the importing issue. It was rather simple, I gave the seller all my contact info and even a copy of my passport (which I was uncomfortable doing but had to). After the seller shipped the package, all documents we sent to me. When the package arrived I received a call from the courier. Then I had to hire an import/export agent to retrieve the package for me. Agent gave me a bunch of paperwork. I took all the paperwork from the agent and seller and brought it to US customs to have the package "cleared." Went to holding warehouse and picked up my package. I had no problems with airbags.

I have a friend that bought a set of recaros form this same seller and the seats came in 6 days. Mine took more than a month!
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Audi-S6-Rs6-4B-Recaro-Lederaustattung-S6-3-31-/380310859894?pt=Autoteile_Zubehör&hash=item588c4b3076

Regarding the Recaro seats. FYI, they have no memory. You will completely lose memory to both seats, mirrors and climate. I don't have the time, but I think I can swap the memory module over from the original seats so that I'll have mirror and climate memory. The motors under the memory seats have 4 connections (2 for pwr and gnd and the other 2 for memory) where the non memory seats only have 2 connections for pwr and gnd. So if I were to swap all the memory seat motors over to the non memory seat, problem solved right? Not so easy. Only ONE motor can be swapped over (due to fitment). That's the motor that moves the seat front and back. So front and back movement will be the only memory that I can have IF I can swap the memory module over.

The back seats heating features are optional. Mine didn't have them. My friend's did. Email me if you have more Qs.

G

kismetcapitan
October 8th, 2011, 03:17
my only real issue with the current seats is that the side bolsters are too far apart. I wonder if getting the front seats reupholstered and having some extra firm padding added, maybe about an inch per bolster, would do the trick.

The passenger seat isn't that bad, which makes me think that a previous owner must have been seriously, uh wide, in dimension and weight, and may have compressed the seat foam...?

icelightblue1
October 9th, 2011, 22:50
I may have a full set of recaro from a dutch rs6 estate for sale.

i bought the engine from this guy and he wants £1500.00 for the whole interior including door cards and boot liner

I have sent an email and if he does then I will post his contact details

Kind regards

Bim

speedtrapped
October 9th, 2011, 23:21
Guys I appreciate that. I actually have the black leather sport line recaros, I just have to pock them up. Unless somebody wants to pay me $1150.00 and pu locally! They are basically brand new, and retail 1495.00 per seat. Because that damn eBay.de sets looks sweetest, and me want. Man I am sad.